Scott Parker in Jan window ??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:Repeat thread repeat thread repeat thread :roll: :roll: :roll:

:wink:

miserable cuntslop :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Parker? you cannot be serious, for fuck sake if thats what we are reduced to then we really are doomed.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

So you don't think he is better than Song then?

Melksham Gooner

Post by Melksham Gooner »

I like the guy. He isn't Arsenal quality, but neither is Song. Denilson and Diaby aren't defensive midfielders, so they don't count, but I'm not convinced about either of them. I'm not sure on this one. But I think it's a bit of a moot point as I don't believe we'll sign anyone.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

goonersid wrote:Parker? you cannot be serious, for fuck sake if thats what we are reduced to then we really are doomed.
No you are happy to play that pile of shite(Cesc excluded) that played in midfield at Boro?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Not that i'm happy with song etc, but to replace them with a player who would'nt get into another top 4 club (I iclude Villa in this) is not the answer, quick fix panic buying doesn't work. And it's all irrelevant as Wenger is finished at the end of the season.

REB

Post by REB »

WE ARE THE ARSENAL AND HOW SAD IS IT THAT THE LIKES OF SCOTT BLOODY PARKER GETS A MENTION AS A JAN SIGNING :roll: :banghead:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

REBEL GOONER wrote:WE ARE THE ARSENAL AND HOW SAD IS IT THAT THE LIKES OF SCOTT BLOODY PARKER GETS A MENTION AS A JAN SIGNING :roll: :banghead:
I dont think its sad at all, where the fuck are these players meant to come from. Parker has been brilliant this season INCLUDING agaianst chelsea and liverpool who are top teams and if you can manage to shine out as a midfielder against a team with midfielders like gerrard, lampard, deco, mikel, ballack, mascherano and alonso to name a few then maybe he is good enough to replace Denilson or song who have been preety woefull this season. When you heard we were signing sagna did you say the same thing, Sagna was unheard of, he haddent even had mention of scraping the bench of the france squad, now in my opinion he is the best right back in the prem. Its not always the big names that make a difference. Look at shevchenko, massive name (no pun intended) but done fuck all for chelsea whereas an unknown player called christiano ronaldo who we could have signed (:() joined manure and now is the best player in the world. Maybe im too defensive about parker, I have a soft spot for him

Calo

Post by Calo »

I think he is very good player

i was hoping for better
Last edited by Calo on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

What about Savage? He's cheaper and brings bags of experience.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Cockerill's chin wrote:What about Savage? He's cheaper and brings bags of experience.
He's a *word censored*, and he's probably not fit as he doesnt even get played for Derby in the championship. I hope that was a joke lol

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Yep, it was a joke. I should have used an emoticon :roll:

REB

Post by REB »

to be fair he is not the worse, and if you check your facts you will see he gets subbed a lot but maybe that because he puts in a lot of effort, and yes the likes of song,denilson eboue and diaby are not up to much but that is wengers fault for not addressing the problem when it came up.and i will stick with opinion that scott parker is not good enough for the arsenal

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I agree, he isn't good enough, but if he were here I'd play him before Song every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Xabi Alonso from Liverpool!