Can the impossible really happen to The Spuds?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

tinpot lane wrote:they will stay up imo

looking at their fixture list though, not the easiest

Saturday, 07 March 2009
Barclays Premier League
Sunderland v Tottenham, 15:00

Sunday, 15 March 2009
Barclays Premier League
Aston Villa v Tottenham, 16:00

Saturday, 21 March 2009
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Chelsea, 15:00

Saturday, 04 April 2009
Barclays Premier League
Blackburn v Tottenham, 12:45

Saturday, 11 April 2009
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 18 April 2009
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00

Saturday, 25 April 2009
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Tottenham, 17:30

Saturday, 02 May 2009
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v West Brom, 15:00

Saturday, 09 May 2009
Barclays Premier League
Everton v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Man City, 15:00

Sunday, 24 May 2009
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00
Hmmm, I still have hope :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Yep not the best of nights but they've still only got 31 points and apart from West Brom, no team is really adrift so although the dream is looking less likely now, it's not dead and buried just yet!!

augie

Post by augie »

They have some right tough looking fixtures ahead so we still have some hope 8) The problem we have is that there are probably 3 worse teams than them down there and the barcodes in particular have a nasty run in :(
I know that I can sometimes be a wee bit demanding but I have a few wishes for the rest of the season -

1. Us to get 4th - absolute priority of course
2. scum to go down - not likely but it is still a wish :lol:
3. blackburn to go down - fcuk you fat sam :x :x :x
4. greedybollix to fcuk off to barca for 10m + eto
5. song to fcuk off out of the club I love - I dont care if he has a mental breakdown, decides to join the french foreign legion or just becomes a partner in a thriving elephant washing business out in togo as long as I dont have to look at the useless *word censored* ever disgrace our jersey again

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

augie wrote:They have some right tough looking fixtures ahead so we still have some hope 8) The problem we have is that there are probably 3 worse teams than them down there and the barcodes in particular have a nasty run in :(
I know that I can sometimes be a wee bit demanding but I have a few wishes for the rest of the season -

1. Us to get 4th - absolute priority of course
2. scum to go down - not likely but it is still a wish :lol:
3. blackburn to go down - fcuk you fat sam :x :x :x
4. greedybollix to fcuk off to barca for 10m + eto
5. song to fcuk off out of the club I love - I dont care if he has a mental breakdown, decides to join the french foreign legion or just becomes a partner in a thriving elephant washing business out in togo as long as I dont have to look at the useless c**t ever disgrace our jersey again

.....and No.6 A day out at Wembley/Rome - would be the icing on the 1-5 cake!

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

1-0 to Sunderland already after only 7 minutes - Richardson :lol: :lol: :lol:

And they have Villa away next then Chavs at home let alone a trip to Old Trafford, Anfield and Goodison yet to come!

So yes, the possible really can happen. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Scabby crunts sneaked a last minute equaliser :evil:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

augie wrote:4. greedybollix to fcuk off to barca for 10m + eto
Are you joking? :shock: Eto'o is a world-class striker that scores every game on average. Barcelona wouldn't swap him for Adebayor, let alone pay us extra 10 million :oops: :lol:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

khalid_red wrote:
augie wrote:4. greedybollix to fcuk off to barca for 10m + eto
Are you joking? :shock: Eto'o is a world-class striker that scores every game on average. Barcelona wouldn't swap him for Adebayor, let alone pay us extra 10 million :oops: :lol:
Missed the boat on that one in the Summer (on both counts)

Eto'o has come back with a vengance this season.

augie

Post by augie »

I'm sorry, I dont usually gloat when proven right on here, but last summer I kept pushing the signing of eto cos I believed that his game is more suited to our style than villa (who is also class and would not refuse to sign given the chance 8) ). However many many fools on here (I mean no disrespect here) told me that the man was finished despite the fact that in an injury hit season he still scored 19 bloody goals :shock: Yet again we pass up on a great chance :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

cheating *word censored*. We had a blatant penalty turned down (or as the bbc site says "Sunderland had their moments on the break, and felt they should have had a penalty when Kenwyne Jones was pulled down. And their disappointment at having their appeals waved away soon turned to despair when Spurs broke and Keane superbly volleyed in from Bent's right-wing cross. ")

thanks BBC, yes, we did feel we should have a penalty- when your player is "pulled down" in the box you tend to think its a foul like. Hopefully spurs and newcastle both go down this season- spurs are certainly the NUFC of the south, a more deluded set of fans you wont find- today i was speaking to some spurs fans who were saying that kenwyne jones should have left to "join a big club"- i decided not to mention the fact that we have won the top flight 6 times, i figured they'd get jealous. I did, however, enquire again as to where their captain has gone- that one still winds them up all these years later!

pixie

Post by pixie »

Chippy wrote:Scabby crunts sneaked a last minute equaliser :evil:
:banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

safcftm wrote:cheating c**ts. We had a blatant penalty turned down (or as the bbc site says "Sunderland had their moments on the break, and felt they should have had a penalty when Kenwyne Jones was pulled down. And their disappointment at having their appeals waved away soon turned to despair when Spurs broke and Keane superbly volleyed in from Bent's right-wing cross. ")

thanks BBC, yes, we did feel we should have a penalty- when your player is "pulled down" in the box you tend to think its a foul like. Hopefully spurs and newcastle both go down this season- spurs are certainly the NUFC of the south, a more deluded set of fans you wont find- today i was speaking to some spurs fans who were saying that kenwyne jones should have left to "join a big club"- i decided not to mention the fact that we have won the top flight 6 times, i figured they'd get jealous. I did, however, enquire again as to where their captain has gone- that one still winds them up all these years later!
Thanks for a fine effort matey. Alas I fear that this thread will appear less and less over the next few weeks!!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

augie wrote:I'm sorry, I dont usually gloat when proven right on here, but last summer I kept pushing the signing of eto cos I believed that his game is more suited to our style than villa (who is also class and would not refuse to sign given the chance 8) ). However many many fools on here (I mean no disrespect here) told me that the man was finished despite the fact that in an injury hit season he still scored 19 bloody goals :shock: Yet again we pass up on a great chance :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Yep, that swap would have been workable last year but they would just laugh in our faces now if it was suggested.

No one wanted Eto'o apart from some crazy outfit in Borat land, shocking really.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I hold up my hands on the Eto one.

digger

Post by digger »

safcftm wrote:a more deluded set of fans you wont find- today i was speaking to some spurs fans who were saying that kenwyne jones should have left to "join a big club"- i decided not to mention the fact that we have won the top flight 6 times, i figured they'd get jealous. I did, however, enquire again as to where their captain has gone- that one still winds them up all these years later!
Top work mate.

Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Villa have all been small clubs with a small and distant history of trophies. I swear they all share the same motto "Next year is our year.... if it ends in a 1" :lol: