Arsenal v Spurs will not sell out (29 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Arsenal v Spurs will not sell out (29 Jan)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... this one was inspired by a post in the general chat section of the forum!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Being quite a sad individual, I've been following this since sales of Spuds tickets started. The lower tier (24425) sold out quite quickly. And it certainly looks like the upper has been selling well. The site says that 36 out of 44 (82%) upper tier blocks are already sold out so (26646 x 82% = 21800). Being ultra pessimistic I've assumed that the blocks with tickets available are only half full so add in another 2422. So by my reckoning sales are already up to appox 48600 not including Club and Corporate. So I'd agree that this game won't be a sell out - but what an achievement if we hit, say, 55000 when the tickets only went on sale a week ago! And I'd also agree that 5000 spuds isn't an attractive proposition, but I'm hoping that my kids will be able to "experience" something approaching the atmosphere of the north london derbys of old. I thought the atmosphere at this seasons league game was dreadfully dull. If it takes letting a few more spuds in (they'll still be outnumbered 10:1) to spice things up then so be it.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

the old reverse psychology strikes again! website now says the game is sold out! so a full stadium with 92% of them arsenal fans backing our second stringers to beat the totts. can't believe it, but am happy to eat humble pie on this one :D

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

seemed pretty full to me and fantastic atmosphere

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

er... this was written before the game in question :?

and i've eaten humble pie since :oops:

hindsight eh, the tool of the true visionary :wink:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

i wernt complaining lol i was jus saying lol, the best atmosphere i ever seen.

neway lets all take over cardiff and fuk up the chavski