Chants Would Be A Fine Thing

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

just a thought after they played jumping jack flash by the stones at the end of the boro game,

its all right now
in fact its a gas
its all right
cos weve got Cesc Fabrigas
weve got Cesc Fabrigas
Weve got Cesc Fabrigas

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ole Fat Arry Had a Twitch
EEE I EEE I OHHHHHH
Wiv a Twitch Twitch ere
And a Twitch Twitch there
Buying up every muppet player
From every fucking where
Ole Fat Arry is a *word censored*
EEE I EEE I OHHHHHH !

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

i dont want to be a miserable old twat but there are hundreds of songs on this thread that to be honest will never be sung.
can I PLEASE ask a mod to have a poll so we can have 4 or 5 songs that people will actually sing, and we need to get it sorted sharpish.

some of the old ones that used to ring around highbury

la la la lalala lalala Arsenal (hey Jude tune) to name but one.

again i dont want to put a damper on peoples efforts, but as has been mentioned in another thread we dont have a song book, and for a club with our history that aint good.
IMO we just need 4 or 5 that people will sing

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Until EVERYONE gets off their bums and starts singing - and gives their all (ie leave the ground with no voice left - or hardly any) then Vocal support for Arsenal at home (Chants etc) will (Sadly and Very Regretably) be seen as being Hit & Miss and on the thin side...

Being a Red Member (*) I get to between 10 and 12 home games and few away ( 5 so far this season)...which isn't great - But is a bit better than getting tickets for Highbury, whenever I do manage to get a ticket - I Always sing and shout My Lungs Out...and leave the ground with little or no voice left :barscarf: ....and yet I see numerous fans including Silver/Season Ticket Members who sit on their laurels and hardly make a sound! :?:
When a move breaks down - or a player makes a bad pass etc they're quick enough to moan and whinge - and for the life of me I really don't understand - i know that everyone is entitled to express themselves in their own way - But :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ....until EVERYONE gets behind the team Vocally...sadly the situation will continue....on a few occasions when I've got a ticket via the TX(Ticket Exchange) - and sat amongst Season/Regular Ticket Holders - particularly in areas away from the Goal Ends - It's not unusual to witness very little vocal support... :banghead:

At the home game against the mancs in (Nov 8th) the place was :barscarf: ROCKIN' :barscarf: - and even though it was a special game in more ways than one - for me the atmosphere should be at that level every game....The Players/Team shouldn't have to wait to score a goal before they get some serious support - for example the home game against Hull City - we played poorly to say the least - Got the goal - but even then Arsenal's vocal support was tepid - and then look what happened - Yes, I know Hull played the better game etc - But if the home support had been better/louder - who knows??

As far as I'm concerned it's a symbiotic thing - or at least it should be One supports the other - so everyone wins - so whether the team are playing well / on top or not playing well The Whole Crowd should be behind the team from the off - No matter how well the team play - Unless the majority of Arsenal's Supporter's demonstrate their 101% support as Loud as possible - then there's little chance of The Grove ever being the Fortress we all want it to be :cry:

(*) for those who don't know - being a Red Member we (Me and my brother) very rarely get to meet/mix with the same people/fans at home games - and yet those in the Red Members Tickets sections of the crowd often show more vocal support and passion etc for the team/players/game etc than some areas of the ground occupied by some of the seasons ticket holders - and are like the proverbial grave....

:barscarf: :banghead: :barscarf: :banghead: :barscarf:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

chunkyandy wrote:i dont want to be a miserable old twat but there are hundreds of songs on this thread that to be honest will never be sung.
can I PLEASE ask a mod to have a poll so we can have 4 or 5 songs that people will actually sing, and we need to get it sorted sharpish.

again i dont want to put a damper on peoples efforts, but as has been mentioned in another thread we dont have a song book, and for a club with our history that aint good.
Agree but which 4 or 5 should be selected? :? :lol: :wink:

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
chunkyandy wrote:i dont want to be a miserable old twat but there are hundreds of songs on this thread that to be honest will never be sung.

Agree but which 4 or 5 should be selected? :? :lol: :wink:
if a mod can shortlist 12-15 and do a poll and we can vote on it

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

I’m sure you don’t Andy but at some point in life you just have to accept who you are & get on with it!

:lol: :wink:

In all seriousness you’re right though. A couple of songs at least have started on here & made it on to the “terracesâ€

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Anyway, here’s my shortlist of new songs from this thread to be considered:

- The “once at Old Trafford, twice at the Shit’ole…â€

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

we also need some newbies....quick easy to remember catchy ones...
preferably that involve some Clapping

To the chorus of Beach Boys 'Good Vibrations'

Oh! We’re picking up Good Vibrations
He’s giving us Excitations
Oh! We’re picking up Good Vibrations
Coz He’s giving us Excitations

AR AR AR Arshavin.........................

(Repeat)

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

A nice simple one to the "Ring Of Fire"

Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Derrrr

"RED AND WHITE ARMY"

Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Derrrr

"Marching To Rome"

REPEAT Endlessly

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

OK...so can the mods come up with a shortlist please !!

TBH...I think they should be Arsenal songs rather than Arsenal players songs.

123456arsenal

Post by 123456arsenal »

i got one to the tune of spiderman theme

40 quid,40 quid , 40 quid for this shit,
adebayor is a disgrace to the kit

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

ok...as weve got fuck all else do to till the new season lets use the time wisely so we can create an atmosphere at the emirates close to the one we had for the first 15 minites last night.
IMO ,and i know i am repeating myself and will do till a mod either picks it up or tells me to shut up, we need Arsenal songs (not players songs) shortlisted from the many ideas we have had and a poll can be used to vote for the best 5 or 6.
Players songs evolve and come and go with the players.I think players songs take care of themselves naturally.
I am struggling not to use the A word, but the subject of an Anthem, will keep raising its head, and it seems we are stuck with wonder of you as players come out.
But its supporters not the club that decides on songs, and an anthem will evolve from the 5 or 6 sung

eccles

Post by eccles »

Denilson song:

Wu-tang clan's gravel pit:

'Back back and forth and forth, back back and forth and forth'

Or Cymande's brother's on the slide:

'We knowwwwwwww which way you're going'

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

[quote="Its Up 4 Grabs Now"]Anyway, here’s my shortlist of new songs from this thread to be considered:

- The “once at Old Trafford, twice at the Shit’ole…â€