SUNDAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

SUNDAY

Post by goonermc »

Just got home today after a few days away, i needed it after the Blackburn game AND what happened mid-week but i've just noticed on the forum that Silver and Red members have been able to purchase tickets for Sunday. What great news, it's going to be a proper fans' day out, with all these true supporters going to Cardiff our end should be rocking. I cannot wait, let's make it a day to remember. :D :D C'MON U GUNNERS.......................

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Yeah all the PROPER GOONERS will be there Sunday can't wait. I still cant believe that some season ticket holders can't be arsed going to a cup final. Oh well their loss is our gain. Everyone bring your voices, Up The Arsenal!!!!!!!

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

I'm having a debate on another webiste Arsenal land about this. I can't believe so many season ticket holders aren't going!
Last edited by dtjenkins on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Anyone know if the Arsenal Travel Club Coaches will have toilets on them??(the £25 ones) I need to know if i can go out saturday on the piss then straight to the coaches Sunday morning or not. I don't want to get them stopping every couple of minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by goonermc on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

im sure they will as its such a long journey :D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Yeah goonermc they do have toilets, they dont stop on the way there though.

By the way what coach are you on? I'm on 21.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

dtjenkins wrote:I'm having a debate on another webiste Arsenal land about this. I can't believe so many season ticket holders aren't going!

http://www.arsenal-land.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=15535

Have a look and see whta some of these guys are saying!
dtjenkins, I have read through the thread on the other site and I have to say that I do not agree with your comments. Instead of slating Season Ticket holders for not attending the Carling Cup Final, you should be thanking them for making it possible for so many others that would not normally get the chance to see Arsenal in a final. I am one of many fans that have turned down the opportunity to purchase tickets, this does not mean that I am disloyal to the club or a plastic gooner, it just means that in my life I have other things that sometimes have to come before football, like a wife, three kids and my job. I really hope that you enjoy the match and I am sure that the atmosphere will not be any less uplifting just because silver/red members are their in place of season ticket holders.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Mojo, i'm on coach 14 mate, as my mates are supporters of other London filth i'm going down by myself. So i hope it's a good day out. What pub are we taking over when we get down there??.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Wayno wrote:
dtjenkins wrote:I'm having a debate on another webiste Arsenal land about this. I can't believe so many season ticket holders aren't going!

http://www.arsenal-land.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=15535

Have a look and see whta some of these guys are saying!
dtjenkins, I have read through the thread on the other site and I have to say that I do not agree with your comments. Instead of slating Season Ticket holders for not attending the Carling Cup Final, you should be thanking them for making it possible for so many others that would not normally get the chance to see Arsenal in a final. I am one of many fans that have turned down the opportunity to purchase tickets, this does not mean that I am disloyal to the club or a plastic gooner, it just means that in my life I have other things that sometimes have to come before football, like a wife, three kids and my job. I really hope that you enjoy the match and I am sure that the atmosphere will not be any less uplifting just because silver/red members are their in place of season ticket holders.
My point was missed though. I agree with what you are saying that other things are more important but I read a thread about plastic Chelsea fans missing the final and I thought it was a bit rich coming from guys who were not going. As you say I think the atmosphere will be fantastic. I hope I didn't offend you.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Lads, i'm a goldmember :) and i think the atmosphere WILL be fantastic because of Silver/Red members who don't often get the chance to go to a Final. The more (true) fans' who get tickets through the club the less corporate robots they'll be and the more PASSION. dtjenks i know what you was getting at and fair play to you mate. Let's make it a day to remember :D :D :D

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

No offence taken, just felt your post a little blinkered but none the less passionate. Please sing yor heart out for the boys and be sure that every gooner there or not will be willing the team on.
8)

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

here here! By the way anyone going to that pub near the castle that I can't remember the name of?

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Anyone been to the Gatekeeper on Westgate street? Heard its top notch in there, its a weatherspoons pub (cheap booze :D ) and its right outside our end! Think I'll be heading there!

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I'm a season ticket holder who also prefers to leave the carling Cupo as an opportunity for supporters who can't otherwise get to games. On that basis I left my application until 3pm on the last day to book - but couldn't resist another day out in Cardiff, another final, and hopefully another cup! And I'll be singing with the rest of you! :D :D

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Over the last few years, some of the best games I've been to for atmosphere have been in the Carling Cup. You only have to look at Spuds this season in the Prem versus the semi final for proof....( and what about Rotherham, Reading etc)!! So I've no doubt that the "reserve fans" will do us proud!!!! I'm v.grateful to those gold members who didn't apply as it guaranteed a ticket for me and my boys (1st time gold members, with no away credits). And with 43k season ticket holders and only 29k tickets, there must have been a lot of them who decided not to go! Saving up for Wembley and Athens?? Even my JG daughter was "invited" to buy a ticket - with only 2 credits to her name. Is there any Silver member out there who didn't receive an invite???? Anyway, this will be my 12th cup final in 30 years of following the gooners - and I've still woken up at 5 this morning and can't get back to sleep. Bring it on....... :D :D !!!!!