Wenger in or out? Let’s end the argument today

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
piresistible

Wenger in or out? Let’s end the argument today

Post by piresistible »

From UnoldArsenal.
By Tony Attwood.

This site was set up with the explicit purpose of supporting Arsene Wenger. I started calling him The Lord Wenger, to emphasise the fact, and for getting on for two years there have been almost daily commentaries which support him.

But in the last few months a number of anti-Wenger commentators have joined in the debate and put their point of view most forcefully. They have been undermined slightly by the fact that one of their number (â€

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The award for longest post on the same subject every day goes to........... :winner:

Last edited by flash gunner on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

WENGER STAYS! end of.

digger

Post by digger »

End the argument today? Before he's had a chance to put the squad right by signing players. It's the 4th of June for fucks sake. The season doesn't start for another 10 weeks or so. :banghead:

Rob

Post by Rob »

flash gunner wrote:The award for longest post on the same subject every day goes to........... :winner:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I Couldn't be bothered to read it either Flash. Except for the first bit - 'Lord' Wenger :roll:

Whether it's 'Lord' Wenger or 'Dame' Arsene Wenger, the answers the same. He's got this season to prove himself.

If we come up empty handed again he should leave in May 2010.

yourshighburylly

Post by yourshighburylly »

You collated all the arguments & reasoning brilliantly there.All managers are judged on their "last game" so to speak as the old cliche says.In a years time we will have either gone backwards, fwds, or maintained our position- & I want to stress that I dont just look @ the trophy haul but the overall picture. It is right to assess the situation of a manager & all players every year- that is obvious ( not 4 times a year or after 12 games in some clubs' cases!)
In the HERE & NOW, as a RED member who attends many home games & some away,( & should soon be Silver within 2 yrs), & attended my first game in 1983, I am 100% behind Le Boss, & I am very positive & enjoy the games.
ARSENE WENGER's MAGIC HAT :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:The award for longest post on the same subject every day goes to........... :winner:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I Couldn't be bothered to read it either Flash. Except for the first bit - 'Lord' Wenger :roll:
Yeah i switched off there too :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Whatever any persons viewpoint on AW is there is one thing that cannot be debated.

THIS IS WENGERS BIGGEST AND MOST CHALLENGING SUMMER TO DATE

What he does or does not do this summer will determine not only the level of support he receives during the season, but ultimately whether he stays or goes. If he gets it wrong for ANY reason then he will have to go.
I read through the initial post on this thread and personally noticed a real theme between the two viewpoints. The negative views were all based on factual events and things we pretty much know. The other was more speculative and insubstantial.

My view is that we have to improve on last season as it was nowhere near good enough. If not? Then lets have some fresh ideas!

yourshighburylly

Post by yourshighburylly »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Whatever any persons viewpoint on AW is there is one thing that cannot be debated.

THIS IS WENGERS BIGGEST AND MOST CHALLENGING SUMMER TO DATE

What he does or does not do this summer will determine not only the level of support he receives during the season, but ultimately whether he stays or goes. If he gets it wrong for ANY reason then he will have to go.
I read through the initial post on this thread and personally noticed a real theme between the two viewpoints. The negative views were all based on factual events and things we pretty much know. The other was more speculative and insubstantial.

My view is that we have to improve on last season as it was nowhere near good enough. If not? Then lets have some fresh ideas!
You are right that this is BY FAR his biggest season. Let's hope that he can get it right again as none of us would want him to go in a whimper. This is the season where he can really cement his legendary status here- once & for all. Either way, it will definitely be a DEFINING one. :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pointless post , this is the first summer in 12 that wenger is under pressure , he now has not got the full backing of the board and he definitely has not got the full backing of the support, the ball is now in his court and if he doesnt get it right then the board will step in because for one thing the empty seats in the grove will tell them the money is not been spent by the fans and if the board don't see the money coming in then expect them to do something about it,
because at the end of the day the board are only interested in what money is coming into there stadium. over to you arsene

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I just, you know, fell asleep half way through the title post... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... :roll:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Couldn't/wouldn't read it cause it fucked my screen up and I couldn't be bothered to scroll along every line of a very long post!!:banghead: Let's try to keep things (text and photo's) in size please chaps!! :roll: :lol: :wink:

Calo

Post by Calo »

ive changed my mind he should stay

we cant compete for the best players might as well try to make as few gems

the kaka story has changed my mind

good job we never sacked him

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

[quote="REBEL GOONER"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

a Lot of people on here have claimed that wenger does not have the full backing of the support. What support?

If you mean people who write to blogs, claiming to be supporters, then maybe so. If you mean people in the stadium I would say that he has got the support of 99% of them. So in a sense the statement is true, but nevertheless misleading.

Now you might dispute my 99% - I base it on the fact of having been a silver member through the past season and having been to most matches and having sat in virtually every part of the upper tier, and having been to several of the main Arsenal pubs before games. Thus I have met and spoken with a random selection of people in the ground, or in pubs before going to the ground. I generally end up talking to some of the people near me in the ground, and of course I overhear their comments, their cheers etc, and if there are any boos I hear those.

So on, on what basis do you make your assertion?

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

so tony attwood supports arsene wenger?

Why didn't he just say that :roll: :roll: :shock: 8)