PLAYER TRANSFER THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Sutch wrote:ALWAYS WITH THE FUCKING FRENCH! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If AW wants to sign a striker he should buy Huntelaar!

n7gooner

Wenger - We’re keeping an eye on Chamakh

Post by n7gooner »

[quote]Arsène Wenger has admitted publically for the first time that he is “keeping an eyeâ€

REB

Post by REB »

:lol:

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

REBEL GOONER wrote:Image

:lol:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

cusamano wrote:
Sutch wrote:ALWAYS WITH THE FUCKING FRENCH! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If AW wants to sign a striker he should buy Huntelaar!
Too Fecking rigt Cusamano...yer 100% bang on the nail there mate!

Come on AW pull yer finger out and get dialling before it's too Feckin' late (again!) :roll: :roll: :banghead:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Looks like it is too late, he's said he's not going to be signing for us

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

Roman Pavlyuchenko to Arsenal? Spurs striker tipped for £6m move across north London

By Ashley Gray
Last updated at 6:14 PM on 21st July 2009

Arsenal could find a new striker just a few miles up the Seven Sisters Road.

Sensational reports in Russia claim Tottenham Hotspur have offered Roman Pavlyuchenko to their arch-rivals for just £7million.

Arsene Wenger looks like being forced into the transfer market following the £25m sale of Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City and injury to Samir Nasri that will keep him out for about three months.

Sportsmail reported this week that Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac is Wenger's preferred target, though Bordeaux's Marouane Chamakh, Hoffenheim's Demba Ba and Newcastle's Obafemi Martins are also in his sights.

However, Russian tabloid Tvoi Den claims Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has gone directly to Arsenal to offer 27-year-old Pavlyuchenko, who has bought a house near London following his £13.8m move from Spartak Moscow last summer.

He has been linked with Villarreal, Stuttgart, and Besiktas among others, and an associate of his says he knows nothing of apparent interest from Roma.
Viktor Kolar, who is not Pavlyuchenko's primary agent but played a part in the deal taking him to Tottenham, said: "I don't know anything. By reading the papers I learned that the club (Roma) would make a move for the player, but with regards to myself no one has made me aware of anything.

"There's nothing concrete because there have been no offers made either to the club or to the player.

"I don't have any idea how they can write that Roman will be at Roma. I spoke to the management and I know that next year he will be part of a serious project.
"He still has many years on his contract and he intends to prove also in England how much he is worth."

A move to Arsenal, as unlikely as it sounds, would see him team up with national team-mate Andrey Arshavin.

Tottenham, meanwhile, have been linked with a move for Bayern Munich hitman Luca Toni. The Italy striker's starting place is in doubt at the Allianz Arena, which is not healthy heading towards next year's World Cup finals.

The 32-year-old is said to be an alternative to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who is believed to be close to accepting an offer to leave Real Madrid for Stuttgart, despite interest from Tottenham.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0LuyV1kWh

augie

Post by augie »

Funnily enough I wouldnt be totally against the signing of pavlyunchenko :oops: I think that in a better team he would be a much better and he certainly looks to be intelligent player in terms of movement and positioning. I think that his confidence was shot to shite playing withj the scum last season and I would buy him quicker than the guy from bordeaux.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Doesnt Pavlychenko and Arshavin hate each other? I think there is some history between them so doubt it will happen

augie

Post by augie »

Maybe I am just clutching at straws anyway cos I am really fearful of wenger signing a 25 year old striker who we had never heard of until a few months ago, who will be fcuking off to the anc is jan and is so highly regarded that sunderland, blackburn and fulham are chasing his signiture :roll: It is one thing signing a young player who we have never heard of but the guy from bordeaux cannot be in that catagory at 25 years of age :roll: :?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:I am really fearful of wenger signing a 25 year old striker who we had never heard of until a few months ago, who will be fcuking off to the anc is jan and is so highly regarded that sunderland, blackburn and fulham are chasing his signiture :roll: It is one thing signing a young player who we have never heard of but the guy from bordeaux cannot be in that catagory at 25 years of age :roll: :?
:lol: :lol:

Does kind of sum it up, I suppose! :lol:

That said, I don't think Drogba or Luca Toni were that highly regarded until later on in their careers, so you never know.

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

augie wrote:Maybe I am just clutching at straws anyway cos I am really fearful of wenger signing a 25 year old striker who we had never heard of until a few months ago, who will be fcuking off to the anc is jan and is so highly regarded that sunderland, blackburn and fulham are chasing his signiture :roll: It is one thing signing a young player who we have never heard of but the guy from bordeaux cannot be in that catagory at 25 years of age :roll: :?
Don't worry Arsene Knows :wink: :lol:

jesper arnsbjerg

Post by jesper arnsbjerg »

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

jesper arnsbjerg wrote:Huntelaar turns down Stuttgart
Good news.
C´mon AW, splurge!

projoe

Post by projoe »

Damien Comolli: St. Etienne May Have To Sell Blaise Matuidi
Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton have been alerted by the news that St. Etienne may sell Blaise Matuidi if a big club comes in for him.

Speaking to FourFourTwo, the club's sporting director, Damien Comolli, stressed that they were still hoping to keep hold of Matuidi, saying, "He is not for sale.

"We are not looking for an offer.

"However, it would be difficult to prevent him from leaving if a top 10 European side came in for him."

Given those comments, Arsenal would appear to be the favourites, especially as Commoli was once a scout with the Gunners. He also has links with Tottenham, having spent some time as their director of football.
http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/ ... se-matuidi