Arsenal in Cardiff – Pride, frustration, hope (Feb 26)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Arsenal in Cardiff – Pride, frustration, hope (Feb 26)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter. haven't even attempted to get any news on the FA response to the brawl near the end of the game. don't want to think about it. it'll be over the top though. of that we can be sure :roll:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

we should keep our heads held high and not remember it for the sillt *handbags*

it should be remmebered fot this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xzb9VVGaOQ

and a great display from the boys

the futures bright the futures red n white :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Absolutly. We have every right to be proud. The media can say what they want about Arsenal fans being frustrated at not seeing the big guns but we know the club and what they are trying to achieve and are fully behind the club's ambitions. The fans were great the boys were great and now we have to make sure everyone we talk to about the final knows that we are the proudest fans in the world because we were fantastic and Chelski were the worst support we've ever seen.

Good old Arsenal, We're pround to say that name.

Gooner_getcha

Post by Gooner_getcha »

First of all hi! I'm new here! As a lifelong Gunners fan, I was dissapointed to see my team lose, but never have I been so proud of my team in defeat. I feel the game should not be remembered by the brawl, but by the quality of youth in Wengers team. It was unbelievable to imagine that only Kolo and Cesc appeared as the only Premiership regular. I also had even greater respect for our manager, as he stuck to his policy of youth and I can guarantee you he has no regrets of that. He compiled a team with an average age of 6 years less than that of Chelsea's and also with a combined fee, at a fraction of that of Schevchenko's transfer and took them to the wire! I feel Sunday was agreat triumph for Arsenal. Although we lost, Aresene Wenger sent 11 boys on that pitch to battle with the greatest crop of football stars in the world and after just one football match they came out as men.

Woody

Post by Woody »

Great article. Spot on.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Hello Woody, good to have you onside mate.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Excellent summary of the day - and far, far better than any of the biased versions I've read in a variety of the dailies. Only one thing to add: the boys were clearly delighted that so many fans stayed to applaud them off after a memorable display, even if it did eventually mean a 6 hour drive home. Even if I'd known that I'd have stayed and it was worth it to see the looks on their faces - had me close to tears. Let's hope they can pick themselves up for tomorrow; there may yet be another trip to Cardiff...

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Anyone who can remember the no shows v Ipswich 78, West Ham 80 and Galatasaray in 2000. Will know why we were so proud of the boys. Not one of our team froze.No gooner i met after the game and since have been upset,just proud.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Just want to echo everyone else's comments. Great team performance and I was very proud. I still say we look better without Henry. We came away with the most credit because by sticking to his guns Wenger was in a no lose situation. The negatives are that we shouldn't have got involved in the brawl because we still had a chance to win. Secondly Senderos needs to learn fast or he may be on his way. As a centre half you cannot allow forwards to get in front of you like that. Get your body in the way. I know he is young but there are certain things you should do as a centre half and once again Drogba has won their battle. I doubt we will keep Baptista if Wenger's outburst directed at him after the second goal went in is anything to go by. Failed to get to the ball and hold it up and he never looks like going past people.

I read the post match report by Howard someone in the Sun and fuck knows what game he watched. How on earth did he give Ballack 6 and Lampard 7 and Diaby, Denilson and Cesc 7?

Other negatives...the Chelsea fans?????? Scumbags who pelted our players and failed to sing anything all day. Where will they be when the bubble bursts? They are woeful!

So all in all a very positive day. I have never seen so many fans so positive in defeat. Next year could be our year with one or two additions. How good is Diaby? Better then Viera is all I am saying. Denilson is superb.

The future is bright...... the future is Arsenal!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

donaldo wrote:Anyone who can remember the no shows v Ipswich 78, West Ham 80 and Galatasaray in 2000. Will know why we were so proud of the boys. Not one of our team froze.No gooner i met after the game and since have been upset,just proud.
.....Valencia 80, Luton(!) 88, Paris 95. Proud is the word. I was terrified before the game - FOR THEM. Just praying that they wouldn't look like rabbits in the headlights. They are our kids for gods sake. We've seen them growing up! They came through with flying colours.....and Mourinho knows jack shit if he thinks Arsene's youth policy doesn't work!!!!