Caster Semenya! Whats Your View?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Caster Semenya! Whats Your View?

Post by goonersid »

With the tests on the athlete reportedly likely to show that she has an intersex condition, what would in your opinion define her as a woman.
Surely if she has a womb etc, then she is a woman, and any natural high testosterone levels she might have are purely good fortune given her chosen career.

Mikegooner87i

Post by Mikegooner87i »

flash? :shock: :lol:

Magic Merse
Location: Stanford-le-hope, home of the world famous Dougie from McFly

Post by Magic Merse »

I think that she will be very popular with...

Womans Rugby Selectors
Womans Football Selectors
Womans Swiming Selectors
Womans Boxing Selectors
Womans Hockey Selectors

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Did they test Susan Boyle?

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

marcengels wrote:Did they test Susan Boyle?
theres as yet no test to define humans from alien.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Rumour is she an hermaphrodite or has a mixed gender.

g88ner

Re: Caster Semenya! Whats Your View?

Post by g88ner »

goonersid wrote:With the tests on the athlete reportedly likely to show that she has an intersex condition, what would in your opinion define her as a woman.
Surely if she has a womb etc, then she is a woman, and any natural high testosterone levels she might have are purely good fortune given her chosen career.
Maybe, but she doesn't have a womb and she has testes instead, so clearly the lines are blurred in this case! :?

The Times says.. "The source, who is said to be close to the IAAF investigation, claimed that the 18-year-old athlete had internal testes and no womb or ovaries."

Either way, it's very sad. The poor girl would have worked so hard to become an athlete and her hopes and dreams are now in tatters, and yet it seems she's a vicitm of genetics and not something she's done wrong. :(

I cannot even begin to imagine how upsetting that must be for her; she's only 18 after all, and probably thought she has a long, successful career ahead of her, and now... nothing. :(

I just hope something can be done for her, so she can still compete at the top level, because no human being deserves to go through this... especially with the eyes of the world on you!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

g88ner wrote:
goonersid wrote:With the tests on the athlete reportedly likely to show that she has an intersex condition, what would in your opinion define her as a woman.
Maybe, but she doesn't have a womb and she has testes instead, so clearly the lines are blurred in this case! :?

The Times says.. "The source, who is said to be close to the IAAF investigation, claimed that the 18-year-old athlete had internal testes and no womb or ovaries."

Either way, it's very sad. The poor girl would have worked so hard to become an athlete and her hopes and dreams are now in tatters, and yet it seems she's a vicitm of genetics and not something she's done wrong. :(

I cannot even begin to imagine how upsetting that must be for her; she's only 18 after all, and probably thought she has a long, successful career ahead of her, and now... nothing. :(

I just hope something can be done for her, so she can still compete at the top level, because no human being deserves to go through this... especially with the eyes of the world on you!
It must be such a kick in the balls for her!

:wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Boomer wrote: It must be such a kick in the balls for her! :wink:
Good one, Boomer! 8) :lol:

That's how I should have finished my post! :lol:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Boomer wrote: It must be such a kick in the balls for her!
:coffeespit:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Well imagine how i fecking feel..A 2inch cock!!!.Im closer to having a vagina here than most of you men, :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

surely an X - Y chromosome test would show gender. You either have XX or XY thats that. Any other variation on physical and or physiological form is just freak of nature stuff.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I am right in thinking that a couple of years ago a "female" tennis player was cleared to play on the womans circuit after it became public knowledge that "she" was a transexual?

This being the case, surely this poor girl has to be allowed to continue competing.

You have to say it is a fucking harsh way though to find out you have a condition like this though.

Feel very sorry for her.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

12thGooner wrote:surely an X - Y chromosome test would show gender. You either have XX or XY thats that. Any other variation on physical and or physiological form is just freak of nature stuff.
I think I agree, 12th.

I could be wrong, but I understand that it's likely that she has Androgen insensitivity syndrome so her type of chromosomes are likely to be XY, which would indicate male, even if she looks female.

I noticed a lot of South Africans say she looks female, was brought up female and should be treated as female, but that's an emotional response and is highly flawed as if she does in fact have Androgen insensitivity syndrome then she may have all the female characteristics, but is genetically male.

I've even read that she may be able to have some sort of treatment to allow her to compete again, but if her chromosomes are in fact XY, then surely any treatment should be to enable her to compete against other men :?

It's certainly an interesting case, and as I said in my previous case, I really feel for the young girl. :(

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Wouldn't it be lovely to find out that Eboue was female and so couldn't play for us!