fabregas at barca game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankdamien

fabregas at barca game

Post by northbankdamien »

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... e+-+Wenger

what do you guys and girls think of it? it makes me sick. on a off day fair enough but on the same day we are playing. he should be there waching from the stands. I know he is a barca fan but thats no exuse

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

The weather in Prague was crap and the match was even worse, I think he made the right choice. 8) :lol:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Top Footballers in day-off watching football and not having sex-orgy disgrace

Two top premier league football were mired in disgrace last night after it was revealed that they had a quiet night of watching a football match.

The two shamed Arsenal stars, Cesc Fabregas and Alexandr Hleb, blatantly disregarded manager Arsene Wenger by taking the stipulated days off. They then didn't insult airline passengers on a flight to Barcelona, ignored all decency by not getting drunk and pissing in fountains. The final insult was when they didn't get thrown out of their hotel, get in a fight in a nightclub, snort cocaine off a postitute's tits or video themselves in a sex orgy with spanish party girls.

"They are a disgrace to English Football. This is just another case of foreign footballers coming in and changing everything", oinked a reporter before going on to accuse Alex Hleb of not cheating on his wife.

REB

Post by REB »

if you got a few days off and you went home :wink:

nothng wrong with what he did,,
we all know he;s goin to end up there at some stage.. lets just hope we get the best out of him before that happens :(

RaM

Post by RaM »

Wenger gave them time off. If you were on holidays would you still go to work??

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Last night Barca looked like they would struggle in the premiership,to many big egos in the team

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Heven forbid a young guy has gone back home on his day off and watched a game of football which was dubbed the bigest game that week and a team he once supported, dear oh dear whats this world coming to :roll: :lol: :wink:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

From what i hear from interviews with players it is not an enjoyable experience watching your own team play, you're always thinking of what you would do if you were on the pitch, it's even worse if things aren't going well, I can understand why they would want to go to another game.

Football is a game which is mentally taxing, Wenger may even have ordered them not to go to the slavia game so that they could have an actual break as opposed to a busman's holiday.

I think it says something that we have players that enjoy the game so much that they use their time off to go and watch a football match. Le Boss watches a shitload of football in his spare time, does it come as any great surprise that players he has chosen do the same?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Cesc is in todays sunday times saying he is staying for life. I've started a new thread on it.
http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3005

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

rebel gooner wrote:if you got a few days off and you went home :wink:

nothng wrong with what he did,,
we all know he;s goin to end up there at some stage.. lets just hope we get the best out of him before that happens :(

I have to agree with Rebel on that one

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

He's a Barca fan and a Catalan. He had a couple of days off so he went home and watched the team he has supported all his life, maybe met up with some mates, got pissed and came back. Its no big deal imo.

Justin-the-Gooner

Post by Justin-the-Gooner »

He maybe a Barca fan but tbh why would he not go and watch the club he wants to stay with "all his life" actually its ok as long as he does not do so every week I guess if I was playing for Barca I would want to go and watch Arsenal so its ok.

Mickey Cannon

Post by Mickey Cannon »

But the thing is though, were all the players offered time off? I remember many a time when Henry was allowed a break but players who had played more games were not, what must that do to team spirit?