Enough is Enough

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Serious question Gnuey why do so many Gooners say they don't like the way things are and want them changed but don't really want to talk about how to change them or what needs to be changed?

I'm genuinely curious.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

We cant do anything re-the goalkeeping situation untill at least january.
I will always love our manager Arsene,though im flummexed to know what he was/is thinking re-our goalie situation.
Ive followed The Arsenal for over 40 years now and will untill the day i die.
AND there will be more highs and lows along my way.
I do know 1 thing though martin..The Arsenal are there for every one of us fans.
When we have a really crap week we can look forward to going along to the ground and maybe just maybe we get 3 points.
But personally watching Arsenes team is like watching a beautiful lady undress..I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT.
ITS POETRY!

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

mrgnu1958 wrote:We cant do anything re-the goalkeeping situation untill at least january.
I will always love our manager Arsene,though im flummexed to know what he was/is thinking re-our goalie situation.
Ive followed The Arsenal for over 40 years now and will untill the day i die.
AND there will be more highs and lows along my way.
I do know 1 thing though martin..The Arsenal are there for every one of us fans.
When we have a really crap week we can look forward to going along to the ground and maybe just maybe we get 3 points.
But personally watching Arsenes team is like watching a beautiful lady undress..I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT.
ITS POETRY!
You express some wonderful sentiments - but you haven't answered the question, Gnuey.

My point is for that the very reasons you put so nicely we all love our club deeply hurt to see this happening and want to see a solution. Why do some people want to avoid discussion what may be the real problems as only then can we hope to try and find a real solution. Why is that?

I'm not here to ruin everyone's life - I genuinely believe that if we want things to be better at Arsenal we need to look at what might really be wrong first or we're just achieving nothing for ourselves or Arsenal but being angry and depressed.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I've got to agree with g88ner's post above, the situation that we have NOW, has been present for the last 4 seasons, and it gets boring churning out the same stuff, when we all know it's not going to be rectified, or we get a situation like we had during the summer, that Wenger had finally woke up from his 4 year slumber, and tried to sign a keeper, which, let's face it, was an half-arsed effort, not helped by his month long jolly up at the world cup.

Now, we've got Wenger for another 4 years, it's strange that there wasn't the usual, will he, won't he, sign, it appears on the surface that he couldn't sign it quick enough, and we all know why, he's got, to use Flash's phrase, his pet project, no one at the club will challenge him, the only ones that may have done, have been shipped off, he is surrounded by yes men, and that suits him just fine, he is beyond criticism within the club.

The DBs

Post by The DBs »

I cant see Arsenes (or was it the boards) logic in penny pinching over the Schwarzer or Given deals. In the 40+ years ive been going we have always been as tight as a Glaswegian on a friday night but everyone (and I dont believe the Manager or Board dont really think likewise) knew our GKs are a horrible joke.

All this means is come the Jan transfer window any GK we go in for will suddenly have his price inflated in any case, because it will be crystal clear to the selling club that we will be desperate. Im no city whizzkid but I think its known as supply and demand?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

The DBs wrote:I cant see Arsenes (or was it the boards) logic in penny pinching over the Schwarzer or Given deals. In the 40+ years ive been going we have always been as tight as a Glaswegian on a friday night but everyone (and I dont believe the Manager or Board dont really think likewise) knew our GKs are a horrible joke.

All this means is come the Jan transfer window any GK we go in for will suddenly have his price inflated in any case, because it will be crystal clear to the selling club that we will be desperate. Im no city whizzkid but I think its known as supply and demand?
Yes, we have always been a tight club, agreed, but Wenger, who we all know isn't stupid, has had plenty of proof over the last few seasons about the ability, or lack of it, in our goalkeeping department, stupid he isn't, stubborn and blinkered he most definitely is.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

g88ner wrote:To be honest, I'm struggling to find anything new, or even vaguely interesting, to say about Arsenal anymore.

We've stagnated.

There's nothing new to say about the 'keeper situation - we know he's shit, everyone knows he's shit, but he's here to stay... and he even captains the side on occasions.

We know, and have done for years now, that Van Persie, Theo, Diaby, and a hundred others, are injury prone, so what more can we say?

We know, and have done for years, that we don't defend properly; that we don't show enough respect or discipline in defence... but that shows no signs of changing, so what more can we say?

And, of course, despite this team having won fuck all, and having EVERYTHING to prove, they still lack focus and discipline for a league game against West Brom, despite a massively important 3pts available?? :? - it's insane. There's no way in the world we would have played like that against Barca or ManUre, and that attitude stinks. The worst thing we did was smash Braga 6-0, and take all the plaudits that came with it.

It's nothing new anymore. In fact, it's boring. It's stagnant.

I've seen enough this season to know that nothing's changed. The West Brom performance, and the attitude that came with it, told me everything I needed to know.... we'll bounce back, but that mental fragility that makes this team believe their own hype continues to undermine it's potential - the West Brom game showed that. Also, the inability to defend (and the desire to defend) will undermine the teams potential... and, of course, when all else is on track, then the 'keeper (whichever clown is in goal) will always chuck a spanner in the works...

The West Brom told us all we needed to know - we've stagnated. I would say it's Groundhog Day, but that's unfair on Bill Murray and a damn fine film... at least that had an end in sight... whereas Wenger has only just signed up for another 4 years! :shock:

I know this all sounds negative, but there are MANY positives, and this team is quality... but how many years can you make the same mistakes? and how many years can you put up with the same shit? - it's bizarre.
That's what I like g88ner, a man who can back-up his statements with proof :lol: :wink:

But spot on, stagnation mate. The same flaws by the same players and in the same areas of the team, no surprise. Wenger really seems to want to prove that he can build a winning team almost from scratch, and with a certain type of player. He really can't say that there's nothing better out there and available than what he has - he has no excuse.

:(

The DBs

Post by The DBs »

Agreed. Years ago we lost out on Morley, Townsend, Sutton (thankfully) even Cottee because we wouldnt pay the wages. Now we will pay far more then they deserve in salary yet wont pay the transfer fee!! I agree 100% Wenger is very stubborn but I cant see where he thinks this stubboness is going to take our great club coz it sure aint onto Wembley next May for the CL final!

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

OnlyGotOneSong wrote:Enough is enough, is enough.

NO MORE TEARS!

(Just looked at the word "enough" and it looks really weird)
Showing your age there mate................ :lol:

The DBs

Post by The DBs »

My first game was 40 years ago last weekend. Oddly against WBA and we beat them 6-2. I think having lived through the mid 80s and 90s things arent really that bad now, its just our expectations have increased!!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I honestly dont think Wenger plans to win anything for a while but plans on getting rid of the dept instead.
Yes the Goalkeepers are above all else the most crazy situation in Arsenals recent history but the Groundhog Day of the last 4 years also seems strange.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

supergeorgegraham wrote:I honestly dont think Wenger plans to win anything for a while but plans on getting rid of the dept instead.
Yes the Goalkeepers are above all else the most crazy situation in Arsenals recent history but the Groundhog Day of the last 4 years also seems strange.
He obviously wants to get rid of the Trophy Cleaning Department!! :wink:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

C'mon, it's not that bad, we're not Liverpool or Sp*dz.

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

psychoangus wrote:C'mon, it's not that bad, we're not Liverpool or Sp*dz.
Interesting point to be made tho, a lot of other fans from other clubs see our model as the way forward. Safc has said on here that Arsenal are well positioned for when the new regulations come in and Carragher said that he envies the way Arsenal are run. Saturday was bad, no doubt, and we do need a new goalkeeper but we're still only into September, there's still a long way to go. Keep The Faith :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

AA23Northbank wrote:
psychoangus wrote:C'mon, it's not that bad, we're not Liverpool or Sp*dz.
Interesting point to be made tho, a lot of other fans from other clubs see our model as the way forward. Safc has said on here that Arsenal are well positioned for when the new regulations come in and Carragher said that he envies the way Arsenal are run. Saturday was bad, no doubt, and we do need a new goalkeeper but we're still only into September, there's still a long way to go. Keep The Faith :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
We're a well run club but thats the point. The only thing our club cares about is profit, not improving upon the team and giving wenger a kick up the arse :banghead: