Arshavin - Cutting The Mustard?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Summed up when he tried to sprint off to be substituted when in fact it was Chamackh coming off. Once the 50% tax thing came in Arshavin has stopped playing. And some on here still declare him world class?? Sweet fucking lord.
Exactly!

We've got many worse players than Arshavin but what makes him so much more frustrating is that he has so much ability but he plays like he just doesn't give a fuck.

His Arsenal career is a mirror image of Adebayor's -

good when he first joined,
scored some great & important goals,
crowd adopt him as a favourite,
crowd invent a song for him,
his ego runs away with him,
he stops trying and thinks he's the most important bloke about.

I wonder when Man Citeh will put in a bid for him?
You're right, the croŵd aare already turning on him. :shock: :(

swords

Post by swords »

perhaps more like kanu?

kanu dined out on that hat trick at chelsea for the next four years

arsh has dined out on the 4 at anfield.......

its not helping that the crowd turn on his every mistake
,though,,,,,,,,,,,

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Only echoing what has already been said...

Arshavin couldn't give a toss about Arsenal. Whether he's playing first XI or second string, he doesn't look bothered. He's wasteful in possession, gets caught in possession, is a sloppy passer, can't finish one on ones anymore. His flicks and tricks never come off, but he keeps doing them. He can't tackle and never tracks back.

So he has a few assists and a few goals. Most of his assists haven't exactly been defence splitting passes but merely 2 yard passes in the box.

This guy needs to be shipped out quick, along with:

- Denilson
- Rosicky
- Bender
- Squilacci
- Eboue
- Alumina

*word censored* the lot of them!

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

He was useless today.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

frankbutcher wrote:Only echoing what has already been said...

Arshavin couldn't give a toss about Arsenal. Whether he's playing first XI or second string, he doesn't look bothered. He's wasteful in possession, gets caught in possession, is a sloppy passer, can't finish one on ones anymore. His flicks and tricks never come off, but he keeps doing them. He can't tackle and never tracks back.

So he has a few assists and a few goals. Most of his assists haven't exactly been defence splitting passes but merely 2 yard passes in the box.

This guy needs to be shipped out quick, along with:

- Denilson
- Rosicky
- Bender
- Squilacci
- Eboue
- Alumina

c**ts the lot of them!
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Arshavin but I think that is almost irrelevant looking at your list below which is pretty spot-on, although you could also add Carlos Vela(maybe not a shit player but simply in the wrong League for him) and Abou Diaby (I keep hoping he'll come good but it seems he'll never get that chance really).

The point is even just looking at your list as-is and adding in the fact that

- most of us can see we still need two or three additions without replacing any of those players really

- that we still have no reason to be fully confident we can keep Cesc without winning a major trophy

I'm not sure we can afford to ship Arshavin out and all these other players as well. Worse I would expect us to ship him out and keep one of the players you rightly list above. So knowing us in recent years its Arshavin out with another year of Rosicky and Cesc out with another year of Denilson, and not a peep of complaint from anyone running the club.

Post by 1989 »

I'm starting to hate him nearly as much as I hated Adebayor, lazy *word censored* who clearly has zero passion or desire to do well for the club. Wanker, fuck off back to Zenit, you *word censored*.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Its a shame how it has turned out, before he signed and for the first few months he looked like a world class player.

Sadly he is nothing more than a luxury player anymore.

thearsenal

Post by thearsenal »

he needs to either put a lot more effort in or fuck right off, hes really starting to get on my nerves

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

thearsenal wrote:he needs to either put a lot more effort in or fuck right off, hes really starting to get on my nerves
i dont think he will suddenly up the work rate, its not in his nature from what i see.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

I think he will be sold in the summer

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

defleppardisking wrote:I think he will be sold in the summer
It wouldn't surprise me realluy.

But that doesn't mean it's the best course of action

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

We've got Arshavin, fuck adebayor :roll:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Arse-shavings.... Has there ever been a more dissapointing world class ???? player ????? at Arsenal ?

OneBardGooner

Re: Arshavin - Cutting The Mustard?

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rob - Admin wrote:Due to family commitments I was unable to see the Chelsea game last night. IN years gone by I would have moved heaven and earth to be there or see it with family taking a back seat. I firmly believe had I made the effort we'd have not one - I am the centre of the universe you know!

Having only seen the goals today I wondered what was different - in a moment of clarity I had a very srong feeling that Arshavin had not played yesterday which I just read was the case.

Does anyone else think this is significant, for me he has just not done very much since scoring 4 at Anfield. He reminds me of Berbatov, when he's on form he's World class but that sadly is one game in 10. The rest of the time he just looks like he can't be arsed and doesn't care.£18m - you can see why Wenger is reluctant to spend on the big names!

Rob.
Bang on the nail there Rob...I have become that pissed off with his attitude, I actually registered on his website (address below) ajust so that I could ask him why he is now considered by the majority of Gooner's (myself included) to be "Lazy" and seeming not to give a damn when he is playing....I don't hold out much hope of getting a reply - as the mods on there will probably close my membership and he'll never get to see the question....a bit like the way all the Arsenal players are 'protected and Pampered' by the Arsenal media people I guess!?

My senses tell me he just wants to go back to Russia.....

address below maybe if enough of us ask him he might shift his lazy arse and reply...mind you if his attitude to his website is anything like his attitude on the pitch I guess I'll be waiting a Loooooong time... :roll:

http://arshavin.eu/en/

benlaimwolf

Post by benlaimwolf »

He doesn't look fit to me. I would look a giving him a couple of weeks off and send him to one of them training camps - like Rooney.

He is a class player, who is playing really shit. Putting him out there every week to be booed by his own fans isn't going to help. He looks to have no confidence.

There is an issue which needs to be sorted. If not for him playing well for us again, then simply to maximize any transfer fee.