May 5th Elections

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

May 5th Elections

Post by Rugby Gooner »

As you all know.tomorrow is Election Day.
The Scots,the Welsh,and the Northern Irish are all voting for their National Parliarments or Assemblies,whereas we English get to vote for who decides to cut our grass for another fucking year! They all get to drop tuition fees for THEIR students,abolish perscription charges for THEIR citizens,and still help to dictate what goes on in our Country via their seats in the British parliament in Westminster.I know this will be considered racist,but how about a bit of equality for England! When do we get OUR own parliament?!!
Don't forget to vote!!!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

id vote if there were some boobies in this thread :barscarf:

HashKads

Re: May 5th Elections

Post by HashKads »

Rugby Gooner wrote:As you all know.tomorrow is Election Day.
The Scots,the Welsh,and the Northern Irish are all voting for their National Parliarments or Assemblies,whereas we English get to vote for who decides to cut our grass for another fucking year! They all get to drop tuition fees for THEIR students,abolish perscription charges for THEIR citizens,and still help to dictate what goes on in our Country via their seats in the British parliament in Westminster.I know this will be considered racist,but how about a bit of equality for England! When do we get OUR own parliament?!!
Don't forget to vote!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its true. A Scottish MP on Question Time the other night admitted she voted to raise tuition fees even though she said she was against them prior to the election and her own constituents don't have to pay them because its in Scotland. Complete *word censored*.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

BournemouthRED wrote:id vote if there were some boobies in this thread :barscarf:
What about willy? :barscarf:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

They could start by looking at the Barnett Formula.

The whole system seems perversely out of sync.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

BournemouthRED wrote:id vote if there were some boobies in this thread :barscarf:
Cameron,Milliband and Clegg.Is that enough Boobies for you?!! :D :wink:

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

Are people voting in the Alternative Vote referendum? Yes for me! :D :barscarf:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

AA23Northbank wrote:Are people voting in the Alternative Vote referendum? Yes for me!
Limp wristed liberal ;)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

AA23Northbank wrote:Are people voting in the Alternative Vote referendum? Yes for me! :D :barscarf:
It's no for me.It costs too much,and people votes aren't equal.Some votes would get counted once,yet others would get counted 3,4,or more times depending on how the preferences are distributed-not fair.Full P.R. yes,half baked A.V. no.

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
AA23Northbank wrote:Are people voting in the Alternative Vote referendum? Yes for me! :D :barscarf:
It's no for me.It costs too much,and people votes aren't equal.Some votes would get counted once,yet others would get counted 3,4,or more times depending on how the preferences are distributed-not fair.Full P.R. yes,half baked A.V. no.
I'm not sure what I'm voting yet, so I'm not pro or anti. but just to point out - peoples votes won't get counted three or four times, just reapplied to a different canditate. That's the positive of an AV. If your #1 doesn't get is a pointless vote due to your candidate being last and the others not reaching the threshold then it will just be re-applied, not re counted.

I hadn't thought about the cost, but can't imagine av being ok much more expensive, just more of a ball ache!

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
I want full P.R ideally but I don't think it'll realistically happen, and I personally think AV is much fairer than the current system, under which the Lib Dems' 24% of the vote gives them less than 10% of seats and gaining a million votes lost them 5 seats. And I'm no fan of Clegg.

As for the costs, I think it needs looked into how much it would implement as the 'No' campaign for me has been full of lies, hate and bullshit. To be honest what do we expect from the Tories, The Torygraph and the other right wing wankers :evil: :banghead:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

AA23Northbank wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
I want full P.R ideally but I don't think it'll realistically happen, and I personally think AV is much fairer than the current system, under which the Lib Dems' 24% of the vote gives them less than 10% of seats and gaining a million votes lost them 5 seats. And I'm no fan of Clegg.

As for the costs, I think it needs looked into how much it would implement as the 'No' campaign for me has been full of lies, hate and bullshit. To be honest what do we expect from the Tories, The Torygraph and the other right wing wankers :evil: :banghead:
Agree with AA23 on this. In an ideal world, full PR would be my first choice. However, AV is going to have to be the stepping stone because under the Tories, PR will never happen.

The No campaign was farcical, the shit spewed out was utter bullshit. Having said that, Nick Clegg is still a sell out *word censored*.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

In an ideal world, student scum wouldn't exist.

:wink:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I am an Englishman living in Wales

and if you have ever been to Merthyr, Bridgend or Llanelli you will know why they have free prescriptions

they are all bone idle, sick notes who haven't worked in years and just sponge of the state you have to be a manic depressive or sucidal to live in either of those three places

Welsh Assembly throwing free prescriptions at them :lol: :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

JudoKilli wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm voting yet, so I'm not pro or anti. but just to point out - peoples votes won't get counted three or four times, just reapplied to a different canditate. That's the positive of an AV. If your #1 doesn't get is a pointless vote due to your candidate being last and the others not reaching the threshold then it will just be re-applied, not re counted.

I hadn't thought about the cost, but can't imagine av being ok much more expensive, just more of a ball ache!
Ok,"counted" was the wrong word.Some peoples votes would be "considered" ie:"re-applied" more than other peoples.....and that is not fair. One person,one vote.Not one person one vote,another person several re-applications.