The Wenger Quote Thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Post by 1989 »

"Fabregas is not injured but he can't play because he has been out for a long time"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't that what friendlies are there for? To help you up your fitness after returning from an injury?

There is no stop to his baffling statements.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Not only that but also Fabregas wont play the start of the season because he lacks match sharpness??

Such aload of bollocks hes had long enough out now with a nothing injury grow some fucking bollocks manager.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Irish Gooner wrote:Not only that but also Fabregas wont play the start of the season because he lacks match sharpness??

Such aload of bollocks hes had long enough out now with a nothing injury grow some fucking bollocks manager.
Surely a 20 minute run out would have helped in that regard :banghead: Wenger is mugging us all off and he thinks we are too blind and/or stupid to question him :roll:

Babu

Post by Babu »

1989 wrote:"Fabregas is not injured but he can't play because he has been out for a long time"

Isn't that what friendlies are there for? To help you up your fitness after returning from an injury?

I've mentioned before that I heard Fabregas was fit to play the last few games of last season, but refused to.
He was training every day, but didn't play.

In a way* I feel some sympathy for AW, because if Cesc goes then it's the final nail in his coffin, as his 'youth project', where he chooses the most promising youngsters and gives them huge wages in the hope that they will be loyal to him, has failed.

His idea was 'interesting', especially if he had been manager of some two-bob outfit out in the sticks, but NOT for the biggest team in London.
Alternatively it might have made quite a nice project when playing FIFA 06 - 11, after he got home from work, but NOT when it's in the 'Real World' and you are fucking about with the biggest and longest love affair all of us have ever had.

* He's trying to do things the 'decent and honourable' way, although what the french know about that could be written on a petit pois. Pretentious load of twats. Can you imagine Ferguson or Mourinho putting up with this state of affairs?

Stand up and admit that you were wrong, Wenger!
That is the quote I am waiting for!
That takes real bollocks!

bradders

Post by bradders »

"I DIDNT SEE IT!!"

:roll:

bradders

Post by bradders »

"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
:lol: I'm sick of sausage now!!

"A company works best when everybody does the job he is paid to do." :shock: :shock:

"We do not buy superstars. We make them."
Yes, and then they fcukoff to City :evil: :banghead:

Babu

Post by Babu »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nuses.html

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Fabregas had not been ‘ready to play’.
Wenger added:
Wenger wrote:'He’s not injured. He’s training normally but hasn’t played since Bolton, which is two and a half months.
Exactly what my 'source' said at the time. He's not injured, he's training, but he's not playing!!!

bradders

Post by bradders »

'You could see that we missed many players' :shock:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I love that avatar Bradders. 8) Taken from one of my favourite ever South Park episodes. :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :wink:

The Joy of Cesc

Post by The Joy of Cesc »

A couple of his latest soundbites from arsenal.com

"So we want to add not quality but super quality.â€

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Babu wrote:
1989 wrote:"Fabregas is not injured but he can't play because he has been out for a long time"

I've mentioned before that I heard Fabregas was fit to play the last few games of last season, but refused to.
He was training every day, but didn't play.

In a way* I feel some sympathy for AW, because if Cesc goes then it's the final nail in his coffin
Babu mate - sorry but I can't feel ANY sympathy for Wenger because he is the reason for all of the problems Arsenal are currently facing. He's paid nearly £7million a year to manage and the Fabregas saga proves that he can't manage.

We all know Cesc desperately wants out so sell him now and invest the money in replacements. How long did Man U take to fleece £80million from Madrid??

Today however Wenger has said that he doesn't expect Cesc's situation to be sorted until the last week of August - by which time it will be too late to bring in any major new faces. He asked for a transfer in May for f**k's sake.

I've gone from being one of Wenger's biggest supporters to despising the man, because of shite like this. :banghead:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

i believe we showed great spirit and determination,but lacked maybe a little bit of sharpness and experience' sometime in the 2011-2012 season

arsehole :roll:

bradders

Post by bradders »

Todays words of wisdom were.....

“I don’t think there is any reason to have a bad mood. All we can do is prepare well.â€

usb

Post by usb »

'I'm a c**t and everyone knows I am'

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

"If we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that,"