Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Demun210 wrote:What worries me most is that Mertesacker really is bobbins...yeah he's a big lump, but he's about as mobile as an oil tanker. I'd honestly say Squillaci > Mertesacker.
:shock:
Absolutely not imo.
Mertesacker is not as good as Vidic, but he´s much much better than Squillaci. On the ground and in the air.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Billy Bender has been sold

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Billy Bender has been sold
Source.... Sauce....???? How much, who to? :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

To who and how much did we have to pay em :wink:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Facebook page Arsenal 49ers claim it

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Facebook page Arsenal 49ers claim it
Oh!!! :?

jaysa123

Post by jaysa123 »

Just saw the Bendtner thing on Arsenal49ers so came on here to find out but it seems as though the Arsenal49ers are ahead of the online gooner forum??

Sporting or one of the Turkish sides I suppose?

Good luck Bomber.

He'll do well in Portugal..

bradders

Post by bradders »

Peeman wrote:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

To who and how much did we have to pay em :wink:

:lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerN5 wrote:
dbrien wrote:Scott Dann medical Thursday I am told.
Great, more second-rate shit, Wenger you really are the complete c**t
10 years ago he would have been the equivalent of Upson - 4th or 5th choice centre half at best.

These days he'd go straight in alongside TV5 if it were my choice. More reliable than any of Djourou, Koscielny and I can barely bring myself to say it Ssssss...qqqqq.........oh you know who I mean, the latter day Gus Caesar

SammyDroppedHisShorts

SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
10 years ago he would have been the equivalent of Upson - 4th or 5th choice centre half at best.

These days he'd go straight in alongside TV5 if it were my choice. More reliable than any of Djourou, Koscielny and I can barely bring myself to say it Ssssss...qqqqq.........oh you know who I mean, the latter day Gus Caesar
stop dissing Gus :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:

stop dissing Gus :lol:
Yes sorry Sammy that was a bit harsh on Gus.

I should have referred to Shittachi as the new Stepanovs :D

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I'm a hgue fan of Danns, I spoke about him earlier in the summer. For anyone calling him second rate, I'll remind you that the main reason Brum went down was he was injured. Before that his partnership with Johnson was one of the toughest in the league. Liverpool have also been in for him.

He's a really good defender. I'ld be happy with him (be great if we could get 2 in)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The fact is Wenger put in a(pathetic) bid for Jagielka and so by doing so he has demonstrated that he "Knows" we need a CB otherwise why put in a
bid (*)...and yet when they reject the offer...he doesn't or at least so it would seem follow it up, so WTf is he playing at.....

If he knows we need a CB which the rest of the world and its dog also know....why on earth hasn't he either gone back with an improved offer, OR gone in for another CB (Cahill or Samba or????) ????

(*) I know some might suggest that the bid for jagielka was just a ruse, so he could say he tried to buy someone, but if he's paying £12mill for an under 21yr old who has yet to prove himself, why the fuk hasn't he spent the wonga on our most urgent need a F'ing C.back?????

WHY!? OH! FUCKING WHY???? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: The guy is doing my fucking head on!!! :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Wenger would be long gone now if he had not inherited that amazing back four......

There..said it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rigsby wrote:I'm a hgue fan of Danns, I spoke about him earlier in the summer. For anyone calling him second rate, I'll remind you that the main reason Brum went down was he was injured. Before that his partnership with Johnson was one of the toughest in the league. Liverpool have also been in for him.

He's a really good defender. I'ld be happy with him (be great if we could get 2 in)
More to the point he's spent his career playing in this country and is used to the pace and physical nature of the game here.

If he's available at the reported £5m-£7m level then people should ask what they'd prefer - Dann or another €10m wasted on a Ligue Deux lightweight like Koscielny or €5m on a 30 year old that has spent his career in the non contact leagues in Spain or France

To be honest if Everton want 18m for Jagielka they can fuck right off. Cahill is someone I would be prepared to pay 15m for.

But Dann for less than half of that is a decent buy