2011-12 Gooner Tippers League - fixtures, results & stan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

Sunderland v Newcastle 12:00
Arsenal v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Everton v QPR
Norwich v Stoke
Swansea v Wigan
Wolverhampton v Fulham
Chelsea v West Brom
Bolton v Man City
Man Utd v Tottenham

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xDAVEYx wrote:Sunderland v Newcastle 12:00
Arsenal v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Everton v QPR
Norwich v Stoke
Swansea v Wigan
Wolverhampton v Fulham
Chelsea v West Brom
Bolton v Man City
Man Utd v Tottenham
Did you tip last week Davey?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Just seen you didnt Davey but i won so im happy 3-2 :D

Great website Sammy well played mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

augie wrote:Do senior citizens get an extra point for reaching a certain age ? :? I am counting olgit getting 4 points not 5 and believe me given my history in this comp I need every win I can get :oops: A bad start could see me fighting relegation by the season's end :worried: :wink:
sorted

Score was Augie 5 -4 Olgit

lagerisgood1981

Post by lagerisgood1981 »

Sunderland v Newcastle 12:00
Arsenal v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Blackburn
EVERTON v QPR
Norwich v Stoke
Swansea v Wigan
Wolverhampton v Fulham
CHELSEA v West Brom
Bolton v MANCITY
MAN U v Tottenham

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
augie wrote:Do senior citizens get an extra point for reaching a certain age ? :? I am counting olgit getting 4 points not 5 and believe me given my history in this comp I need every win I can get :oops: A bad start could see me fighting relegation by the season's end :worried: :wink:
sorted

I demand a recount. :(

(Young Augie, you're taking this competition far too seriously. And you will be well disappointed when I walk off with the title ten weeks before the season ends. :-P :lol: )

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Sunderland v Newcastle
Arsenal v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Everton v QPR
Norwich v Stoke
Swansea v Wigan
Wolverhampton v Fulham
Chelsea v West Brom
Bolton v Man City
Man U v Tottenham

augie

Post by augie »

olgitgooner wrote:
sorted

I demand a recount. :(

(Young Augie, you're taking this competition far too seriously. And you will be well disappointed when I walk off with the title ten weeks before the season ends. :-P :lol: )

I think sammy is trying to sort that out for you :lol: I am beginning to smell a conspiracy here.........now if only I could think of somebody that could investigate it :hmmthink: :wink: :lol:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Where are the rules for this sum bitch again?

If you don't tip you still get default points is it?

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Number 5

The rules on defaults are posted below.

Defaults are scored by dividing the combined scored of all those who tipped by the number of players who did tip

So 145 could be the total for the 40 players out of 45
145/40 = 3.6

I will for defaults round that down to 3

So if you tipped and got 3 then you draw....it's unfortunate but it works

SammyDroppedHisShorts

PLEASE READ THE RULES IF YOU CAN, ITS NOT VITAL YOU DO, BUT IF YOU DONT WANT ME WINNING ITS BEST YOU GET AN IDEA OF THE BORING SMALL PRINT ON OFFER they are lengthy but should help you understand any of the issues that may arise.

In this comp we tip the FAPL (English Premiership League) football games --- each week we go head to head against another participant in the comp to see who can tip the most games correctly. Scoring is the same as in the English Premier League.

RULES

1) EVERYONE is expected to post tips for EVERY round (even if you have a bye)

2) Tip each premier league game for the round --- Pick either team to win or pick a draw

3) Score 3 points if you get more correct tips than your opponent --- score 1 point if you and your opponent have an equal number of correct tips --- score 0 points if your opponent has more correct tips

4) Deadline for posting tips is kick-off of the first game each round

5) For a bit of fairness and to prevent my inbox overflowing with private PMs....the second person in a match up needs to try and make one of the fixtures different in outcome to prevent draws. This may occur later in the game when it heats up...i would like it that for example if Projoe was to play Rebel, whoever tips second makes sure they try and change at least one different outcome. For some people like myself i just tip and will probably not compare.

6) Players must tip once when possible, editing selections can cause problems for me as i have to keep up to date with these edits and may place results based on the original tips. The idea of this game is to tip a set of fixtures, changing your mind after selecting tips really goes against the spirit of the game. I will feel the need to penalise all players who edit their tips. If i am correct in saying edit times are shown, so as long as those edits are placed BEFORE the deadlines i will accept them. If an edit has been made AFTER a deadline then points will be deducted. Complicating this game makes it less enjoyable, if you do select then you should stick to your original tip. If you later find that a player has tipped identical to you, then thats the way it goes. I suspect someone will make this issue a problem and with this i have only as much patience as the next guy.

7) If any one player fails to tip three tips running they will be removed from the competition and all results carried over to any person who is in reserve. If there is no reserve then the fixtures for that person will be expunged and the division the tipper was in will have a 28 game league as opposed to 30 game league.

Sign-up & Default: You must sign-up to participate in the Gooner Online tipping comp. I really need people that will tip every round ... it will be a nightmare to run this comp with people tipping once in a while.

Frequent defaults by one or more participants may skew/greatly affect the results & standings tables, effectively ruining the comp for those participants who post tips each week.

16 tippers is the maximum I can have for this competition in two divisions.

Hopefully there will be no defaults ... defaults will be closely tracked.

In the event of a default, all outcomes (win, loss, or draw) will still be possible / we will have to earn any points we receive for the match.

The scores of everyone except the opponent of the defaulting tipster who posted tips for the round will be averaged to determine default (this default score/average of all posted tips except those of the opponent of the defaulting tipster will be the defaulting person's score) --- the non-defaulting tipster will get 0 points/a loss if they score less than default/the average of all posted tips except those of the opponent of the defaulting tipster ... 1 point/a draw if they score equal to default/the average of all posted tips except those of the opponent of the defaulting tipster ... 3 points/a win if they score higher than default/the average of all posted tips except those of the opponent of the defaulting tipster

example: Player A forgets to lodge picks vs Player B

Default score for Player A would be determined by averaging the scores of all participants except Player B (Player B's score is not included when determining default) who posted tips for the round ... the average is 4.67 ~~ default/Player A's score would be 4

... if Player B had 6 right, he wins 6-4 and Player A gets a 4-6 loss
... if Player B had 4 right, it's a 4-4 draw for both players
... if Player B had 3 right, they lose 3-4 and Player A gets 4-3 win

When a bye (Average Al/Alu) is your opponent: Bye will receive default as its score -- your score will be your tips -- scoring for the standings will then be as per all other match-ups.

EXAMPLE: Player A vs Average Al / Player B vs Average Alu

Average Al's score will be default / default is the average of all players except Player A (Player A's tips are ignored for purposes of determining default for their opponent) who posted tips ... Average Alu's score will be default / default is the average of all players except Player B (Player B's tips are ignored for purposes of determining default for their opponent) who posted tips (Note: Bye 1 and Bye 2 will not necessarily have the same default score)

If you default and your opponent is Average Al/Alu ... Bye's score will be whatever the most accurate tipper (highest goals for to the end of the previous week / from the standings table) scored for the week and your default score will be determined as per usual for the comp

EXAMPLE: Player A vs Bye1, Player A defaults

Player A's score will be the usual default -- average of all tippers (except their opponent, which in this case is bye) who posted tips for the round ... score for bye will be whatever the most accurate tipper (highest goals for to the end of the previous week (from the standings table) scored for the week / if there are multiple tippers with the most goals for, average their tips only to determine the score for bye

ie Player B has the most goals for (most correct tips) to the end of the previous round -- Player B scores 7 for this round, bye would get 7 (Player B's score) as their score

or

Player B and Player D are tied with the the most goals for (most correct tips) to the end of the previous round -- Player B scores 7 and Player D scores 5 for this round, bye would get 6 (average of Player B and Player D's scores) as their score

Sorry for the long length of the above but it is one area that really needs clarifying.

I hope you all enjoy this and we can have some fun.

Any questions feel free to ask but can i ask if they are of personal issues such as colaltion of results and so on could you PM me...i wont answer questions on here that are to do with collation of results....i may make one or two mistakes along the way with the amount of data being put together.

THESE ARE THE RULES STIPULATED FROM LST SEASON AND RECTIFIED FOR THIS SEASON

17TH AUGUST 2011
Last edited by SammyDroppedHisShorts on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Can I ask why my name isn't in the B group?

:?

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Percy Dalton wrote:Can I ask why my name isn't in the B group?

Because you havent asked to join

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Percy Dalton wrote:Can I ask why my name isn't in the B group?

Because you havent asked to join

Oh fair enough!

:lol: :lol:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

But if you wish to join you are more than welcome