Barton could have been a Gooner!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rad

Barton could have been a Gooner!

Post by Rad »

Joey Barton has revealed that his on-pitch confrontation with Gervinho, which led to the Arsenal striker being sent off, ruined a possible move to Emirates Stadium.

Barton believes that an argument ended any chance of him joining Arsene Wenger's side and believes that his situation could have been different if that row hadn't taken place.

Barton eventually left Newcastle United for Queens Park Rangers last month.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Barton said: "If I hadn't played against Arsenal on the first day, I may have signed for them.

"There were a couple of conversations [with Wenger] but that's different to actually signing. The Gervinho incident happened and there's nothing I can do about it now.

"If it happened again, I'd like to think I'd deal with it differently. Things happen for a reason and there's a lesson to be learned from it. Right now, we sit above Arsenal in the table - hopefully that's the case in May."

However, despite the row - in which Gervinho received a red card - Barton was keen to underline his pleasure at having joined Neil Warnock's QPR.

"'There were a couple of offers on the table but now I'm really happy to be at QPR and in London," he said. "We play an expansive and exciting brand of football and can hopefully surprise a few people this season."

This article came from ESPN. Regardless of whether you like Barton or not. It shows once again the monumental dithering of Wenger who continues to stress that the new signings are in their pre-season. Well who's fault is that? I understand Wenger sometimes gets players watched up to 40 times before he decides whether to try and sign them.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

He is a classless fool and deluder...we have enough of them.

topcat

Post by topcat »

I thought he was a total twat! But I seen him on goals on sunday this weekend just gone and he made me laugh a lot! little things hes said like he grew that stupid moustache just to annoy his girlfreind. :lol: And he actually admitted he shouldn't have got involved with gerviniho but he was a bit bitter about being stamped on earlier in the game by Alex Song, fair enough i thought! Yeah he has been a c*nt in the past but i'd have had him at arsenal.

And one things for sure, he would have fought for the shirt!!! thats what were missing at the moment.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I've always been a fan. He says he regrets what he did, Wenger didn't necessarily dither, rather he pulled out because of what happened.

One thigns for sure, some of those fuckers would have got a kick up the arse (probably literally knowing Joey!)

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Wenger is most definitely an annoying ditherer...but in this case i'm glad he dithered...
Barton is poison, yes he may give us something we don't have and may even improve us, but the guy is the dregs of humanity who will cause and have problems every where he goes ...

Honestly, what kind of an annoying horrible c*nt must you be when a second rate club like Newcastle want rid of you even though you played well for them...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Part of me is glad, but a part of me wonders about the 'fun' we could have had...hearing about Barton gripping diaby or djourou by the throat in the dressing room...now THAT IS worth the price of a ST! :D :wink:

Even so, Wenger already knew about his temprament...and so any altercation with gervinho shouldn't have affected his decision on whether to sign the crimcunt or not....Just imagine our Third kit could have been white with red arrows all over.... :shock: :wink:

Get your Gooner Ball and Chains Ere!!!! :D

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Dont want this jail-bait crunt anywhere near my club. End of....

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

rigsby wrote:I've always been a fan. He says he regrets what he did, Wenger didn't necessarily dither, rather he pulled out because of what happened.

One thigns for sure, some of those fuckers would have got a kick up the arse (probably literally knowing Joey!)
I was a fan as well, even more so on a free. Always puts in 110% every game and it seems that we've not had enough players who will do that over the past few years.