The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MM99

Post by MM99 »

frankbutcher wrote:
MM99 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
MM99 wrote:Got a couple questions for you Nick if you don't mind answering?

1. What do you see the aims of the banner being and what effects are you hoping it will have? Either short term or long-term.

2. Do you feel as though the banner will have any impact on Wenger leaving in the near future?

3. Do you believe that, should this banner cause Wenger to resign, the ethos and philosophy of the club will change?
1. The intended effect is hopefully to counteract the 'In Arsene We Trust' banner, and to force Wenger to recognise that many fans are not happy with him. If that makes him go, good, if it delivers a shock to the system and we return to winning ways, even better.

2. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, we certainly had it made with that in mind.

3. No. But I think Wenger is acting outside the ethos and philosophy of the club anyway.
So if you don't think Wenger leaving will lead to fundamental change why only focus on him? If you have the whole boardroom sharing the same view as the manager, what difference is it going to make in the long run by only forcing the manager out?
Also, could you expand on what you mean by Wenger is acting outside the ethos of the club?
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Always someone else's fault.

- The Board have allowed Wenger the 4th highest wage bill in the country.
- The Board sold Fabregas at the behest of Wenger.
- The board sold Nasri for top money when Wenger was demanding we let him go on a free the next season.
- The Board allowed Wenger to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain for multi-millions.
- The Board indulge Wenger.
- Wenger has free rein over the Club.

Why is it the Board's fault?

- Do the Board organise the defence?
- Did the Board play Almunia as No.1 for four seasons.
- Is the Board tactically inept.
- Do the Board motivate the team?
- Do the Board talk about mental strength, handbrakes, special circumstances and rugby tactics to deflect from the team?

Wenger is at fault for the team. If he is being constrained by the Board, why is he still at the Club? £7m per year? We've got no prospect of winning anything, so he must still be here because of the money. I'd say Wenger is as much a hypocrite as Clichy, Adebayor and Nasri.

Finally.....Why all the questions about our banner? When have all of you AKBers ever questioned the In Arsene We Trust Banner? Rank hypocrisy. :twisted:
I was going to reply back to your post but then noticed the "When have all of you AKBers ever questioned the In Arsene We Trust Banner" at the end. If you're going to label people with no merit then i'll do the same to you, you're an attention seeking *word censored* whose life has such little meaning that you derive pleasure from logging onto an internet forum for the sole purpose of acting a *word censored* all the while hoping that somebody replies to your nonsene so you can finally have that last tug of your cock and achieve the sad twisted pleasure that you had been looking forward to all day. Now shut the fuck up and let others debate about important things while you bang on about 'the clique'.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

MM99 wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
MM99 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
MM99 wrote:Got a couple questions for you Nick if you don't mind answering?

1. What do you see the aims of the banner being and what effects are you hoping it will have? Either short term or long-term.

2. Do you feel as though the banner will have any impact on Wenger leaving in the near future?

3. Do you believe that, should this banner cause Wenger to resign, the ethos and philosophy of the club will change?
1. The intended effect is hopefully to counteract the 'In Arsene We Trust' banner, and to force Wenger to recognise that many fans are not happy with him. If that makes him go, good, if it delivers a shock to the system and we return to winning ways, even better.

2. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, we certainly had it made with that in mind.

3. No. But I think Wenger is acting outside the ethos and philosophy of the club anyway.
So if you don't think Wenger leaving will lead to fundamental change why only focus on him? If you have the whole boardroom sharing the same view as the manager, what difference is it going to make in the long run by only forcing the manager out?
Also, could you expand on what you mean by Wenger is acting outside the ethos of the club?
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Always someone else's fault.

- The Board have allowed Wenger the 4th highest wage bill in the country.
- The Board sold Fabregas at the behest of Wenger.
- The board sold Nasri for top money when Wenger was demanding we let him go on a free the next season.
- The Board allowed Wenger to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain for multi-millions.
- The Board indulge Wenger.
- Wenger has free rein over the Club.

Why is it the Board's fault?

- Do the Board organise the defence?
- Did the Board play Almunia as No.1 for four seasons.
- Is the Board tactically inept.
- Do the Board motivate the team?
- Do the Board talk about mental strength, handbrakes, special circumstances and rugby tactics to deflect from the team?

Wenger is at fault for the team. If he is being constrained by the Board, why is he still at the Club? £7m per year? We've got no prospect of winning anything, so he must still be here because of the money. I'd say Wenger is as much a hypocrite as Clichy, Adebayor and Nasri.

Finally.....Why all the questions about our banner? When have all of you AKBers ever questioned the In Arsene We Trust Banner? Rank hypocrisy. :twisted:
I was going to reply back to your post but then noticed the "When have all of you AKBers ever questioned the In Arsene We Trust Banner" at the end. If you're going to label people with no merit then i'll do the same to you, you're an attention seeking c**t whose life has such little meaning that you derive pleasure from logging onto an internet forum for the sole purpose of acting a c**t all the while hoping that somebody replies to your nonsene so you can finally have that last tug of your cock and achieve the sad twisted pleasure that you had been looking forward to all day. Now shut the fuck up and let others debate about important things while you bang on about 'the clique'.
It is quite clear that you're acting the [email protected]'ve put forward my opinion, with no insults, and no malice. You come on here and ignore all of the valid points that I have made and then get all personal. Why? Talk about OTT.

Quick question. How have I acted the c@nt on here with that last post?

Post by 1989 »

I want to call you a *word censored* MM99 but your sig is just too good mate. :lol: :wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:People are free to make their own choices as far as I'm concerned. If someone wants the mug gone, then so be it. The club need to know that people are pissed off and have had enough. Getting a banner like this on display makes it obvious to the club and the media that not all fans are behind Wenger and a lot of people want him gone.Knowing our club though, they'd claim that the words actually say: "Arsene thanks the memories, sign a contract for another 15 years and keep saving money. Here's to another price increase and shame on all you doubters."
So... what are you trying to say Perry?? I know that it needs to be displayed at a low point (lower than even now).... but please explain??? :? Once it get's unfurled, we all need to stay together around it, because the one who does the business will get total stick... it needs planning!!!
What I'm saying is that the people who don't approve of this sort of thing need to realise that their point of view is not the only one that matters. As far as I'm concerned, Wenger is a decent bloke but is now totally out of his depth and he's only got himself to blame. I think we need regime change as everything's gone stale over the last few years and any other so called 'European super power' would have given him the boot 3 years ago and if not, almost certainly had him gone after the shit we've been served up since February. I'm all for putting the banner up as the club have said themselves that Wenger won't be removed until public pressure mounts. Sticking this up will show the club and Wenger that there is significant pressure on him to go.
The banner will get publicity and rightly so, fans of other clubs would have been on his back three years ago. He's been given an easy ride for too long and the Wenger Out crew need to be heard. We just need to pick the right time to unfurl it. During a game that we're losing pathetically is always the best time. So, take your pick from any of the forthcoming fixtures.
Yes, agree, good post Perry, the thing is, that this banner deserves to be publicy aired and SWL needs to be protected once it is.... if we win our next 1 or 2 games then the public displaying will go down like a lead balloon... so we need to get together, see what happens over the next 5 games and go from there... (obviously winning our next 5 games or 10 games will change nothing),,, we really do need to sieze the moment with this....

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

SWLGooner wrote:
Peeman wrote:Nice Flip Flops :lol:

Excellent Banner :barscarf:
I was taking the picture mate.
REBEL GOONER wrote:i do feel it is time for wenger to go but i also feel you will be leading yourself into a lot of trouble from other gooners when you display that . so be careful.
Undoubtedly true, but that doesn't really bother me. It's worth the hassle.
radford asks why would you spend money on a flag that once AW is gone will be useless? bizzare

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Radford149 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
Peeman wrote:Nice Flip Flops :lol:

Excellent Banner :barscarf:
I was taking the picture mate.
REBEL GOONER wrote:i do feel it is time for wenger to go but i also feel you will be leading yourself into a lot of trouble from other gooners when you display that . so be careful.
Undoubtedly true, but that doesn't really bother me. It's worth the hassle.
radford asks why would you spend money on a flag that once AW is gone will be useless? bizzare
He had contributions to the flag mate.. he didn't plough all his own dough into it !!!

:roll:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

First of all I have to say the banner looks great. 8)

Read the thread and have had a couple of thoughts: If you're going to unveil it at Chelsea then perhaps it would be useful to wait to see how the game is going. If we're winning, it will probably look silly but if we're losing/have lost, then it will be relevant and probably have the impact required.

Also, if you're bringing it to the Sunderland match and are unsure/worried about the stick and threats you may get from other gooners, try to make sure you're surrounded by a few like-minded fans in case it does turn confrontational. Alternatively, why don't you give it to our mate safcftm to hold up in the Sunderland end? 8) :lol:

Most importantly of all, where ever you do decide to give the banner is first airing, remember one thing: timing is everything!!! :lol: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Radford149 wrote:
Could always use it as a quilt. 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:First of all I have to say the banner looks great. 8)

Read the thread and have had a couple of thoughts: If you're going to unveil it at Chelsea then perhaps it would be useful to wait to see how the game is going. If we're winning, it will probably look silly but if we're losing/have lost, then it will be relevant and probably have the impact required.

Also, if you're bringing it to the Sunderland match and are unsure/worried about the stick and threats you may get from other gooners, try to make sure you're surrounded by a few like-minded fans in case it does turn confrontational. Alternatively, why don't you give it to our mate safcftm to hold up in the Sunderland end? 8) :lol:

Most importantly of all, where ever you do decide to give the banner is first airing, remember one thing: timing is everything!!! :lol: :wink:
That's exactly what I was alluding to IHH....

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

franksav63 wrote:

Well maybe if you hadn't 'alluded' to it frank and just came out and said it straight I wouldn't have needed to send in my post!! :banghead: :banghead: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

Well maybe if you hadn't 'alluded' to it frank and just came out and said it straight I wouldn't have needed to send in my post!! :banghead: :banghead: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Well, perhaps Drugs DO Work... :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

There's no 'perhaps' about it!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:There's no 'perhaps' about it!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

The first point you raise is undoubtedly valid -- however, I'd say only unfurling it if we are losing will look a bit reactionary and fickle.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

The first point you raise is undoubtedly valid -- however, I'd say only unfurling it if we are losing will look a bit reactionary and fickle.