The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
Reg Niseth wrote: whoever displays that banner be prepared for shitloads of abuse. At the BSM we have received death threats via twitter for wanting a better relationship between boards and fans . . . so fuck knows what you'll get for this.

There's lots of support for what you're trying to achieve but I don't think it's inside the stadium.
The plums can give me and others as much stick as they want. I really don't care. 8)

Death threats? What a joke.
Be careful out there!!!!!
Nick... don't get this flag out without speaking to all of us first..... please.... guidance is needed here...

:?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

franksav63 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
Reg Niseth wrote: whoever displays that banner be prepared for shitloads of abuse. At the BSM we have received death threats via twitter for wanting a better relationship between boards and fans . . . so fuck knows what you'll get for this.

There's lots of support for what you're trying to achieve but I don't think it's inside the stadium.
The plums can give me and others as much stick as they want. I really don't care. 8)

Nick... don't get this flag out without speaking to all of us first..... please.... guidance is needed here...

Course mate. I think CFC would be fine though. Obviously I will consult you lads.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SWLGooner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:

Course mate. I think CFC would be fine though. Obviously I will consult you lads.
Good stuff... I wonder if Herd will help us out on the Chelski day..??? :? :? :wink: :lol:

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

franksav63 wrote:
Radford149 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
Radford149 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote: I was taking the picture mate.
Undoubtedly true, but that doesn't really bother me. It's worth the hassle.
radford asks why would you spend money on a flag that once AW is gone will be useless? bizzare
He had contributions to the flag mate.. he didn't plough all his own dough into it !!!

:roll:
radford still thinks its a waste of money. hey ho
That's your prerogative Radders, but at least we're trying to do something to get a situation changed that is now long overdue....
whilst radford understand the reasons behind the banner he feels that it is inappropriate.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Hats off to those organising the banner. Please don't listen to any AKB cults. The message is important to the future direction of the club. :bowing21:

Any pressure on the management of the club is welcome :barscarf:

That was my 1000th Post. Only taken me three and a half years :oops:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

franksav63 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:

Frank......STOP USING HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Seeing as Iceman has splashed it all over the AFC forum, you may as well use my name :lol: :awnker:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

DUFFMAN wrote:The board didn't force wenger to.....
spend £10m on koscielny
Spend £17m on arshavin
Spend £12m on Reyes
They dont insist he cant employ one of the many defensive legends we have in our past as a coach

They didn't hold a gun to his head and force him to play almunia
They certainly don't force him to overtrain the players to the point of knackered hamstrings and stress fractures. FUCKING FACT THAT ONE.

They don't force him to wrap the precious darlings in cotton wool and wipe their bums for them.

You're not their fucking playground supervisor wenger, you're their BOSS. you're paid to get the best out of them, not ensure they get home without a grazed knee and a tear in their eye.

This mollycoddled bunch of pussies that flop everytime someone puts it up them is not down to the fucking board is it?
To be fair, we, the fans forced him to spend 17m on Arshavin, that was a panic buy because it looked like Villa would get 4th and that's when the discontent started rearing its head, Cesc getting injured and 3 nil nils at home with plenty of groans saw to that.

Also, hindsight is a wonderful thing with Jack BUT we helped him play Jack for so many games when it was clear Denilson and Diaby were not going to make it here and their performances were not acceptable, no Arsenal supporter would have dreamed of resting him last year when he was standing out and Cesc wasnt, who were the alternatives?

While Wenger is responsible for most of the wrongness at the club but we can't go hiding for the part we may have contributed towards.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The JCLs are getting they're knickers in a twist over this :lol: roll on chelsea away :barscarf:

Arsenal not Arsene

Tonyb

Post by Tonyb »

AW, done so much but I find it hard to take each week's new excuse which normally sounds like a politician reading from the aged old script of excuses. If RVP contract saga run's it will surely make him realise no one is staying with him. The armband is just a sad final attempt to hang in to someone. Judge him in Jan or May? We all know deep done it's going to be a long and hard season,
:banghead:

REB

Post by REB »

SWLGooner wrote:Seeing as Iceman has splashed it all over the AFC forum, you may as well use my name :lol: :awnker:
just read that thread and was surprised you got a bit of support over there.not much but more then was expected :lol: take no notice of iceman, he just likes the sound of his own voice the dick :evil:

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

franksav63 wrote:
Reg Niseth wrote:I've not read all 13 pages so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said.

IMO, I would not be disappointed if the manager decided to leave tomorrow. we'll never know the truth about what has gone on behind the scenes until he writes his biog.

However, my dissent is aimed purely at the board. If the money is there and AW has not spent it why has no-one on the board challenged him. If there's no money what has the board done with it.

Gazidis is a puppet for Kroenke, we should be demanding Kroenke make improvements or fuck off.

whoever displays that banner be prepared for shitloads of abuse. At the BSM we have received death threats via twitter for wanting a better relationship between boards and fans . . . so fuck knows what you'll get for this.

Reg... with respect... please see my post and Duffmans.... the money is obviously there..... 10-12 million on another 17 year old.... Blimey... if we put together the fees for Koscleiny/Squilliachi/Silvestre.. we could have had a top quality centre half for 20 million and saved on the collective wages for these 3 useless tossers.....Wenger's economics just don't add up in what I've just quoted....
If the money is there then the board should insist he use it, if he refuses to do so, someone on the board needs to have a word.

Let's not forget they are meant to be his employers. If my staff fail to achieve the targets set them due to not spending their budget I would be on them for explanations. If I failed to do so, my investors would be asking questions of me.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Is Iceman the guy that made the false accusation of racism at the BSM march but then realised there were too many witnesses to the fact that nothing occurred?

If it is the same coward it makes anything he says redundant. If such a low life has an audience over there then it does not say much for their standards.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Cockerill's chin wrote:Is Iceman the guy that made the false accusation of racism at the BSM march but then realised there were too many witnesses to the fact that nothing occurred?

If it is the same coward it makes anything he says redundant. If such a low life has an audience over there then it does not say much for their standards.
yep

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

good luck with ya banner, and as expected - get ready for a load of abuse from AKB fans