Just put the round thing in the net!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stg

Just put the round thing in the net!!!!

Post by stg »

Arsenal PL record this season 216 shots on target for, 39 scored, goal every 5.5 shots.

They are creating the chances but why cant they beat the GK??????

Teams against Arsenal this season
122 shots on target against, 33 scored, goal every 3.6 shots on target

Thats 84 less shots but only 6 less goals :banghead:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Even though it appears we are creating chances galore, the truth is that I can't remember a time when we've troubled opposition goal-keepers less than we have done over the past couple of seasons. I have memories of rival goalies almost always having great games against us and inevitably ending up man of the match regardless of the final score. How many times does that happen nowadays? :banghead: :banghead: :roll:

IrishGunner

Post by IrishGunner »

Our first defeat at the bowl is the last game I remember us battering a team, was against west ham and in typical emirates era arsenal style we lost to one of their few attacks

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

We only have Van Persie as a proper striker.

Chamakh and Park have yet to prove they can cut it.

Afobe is injured.

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

We have plenty of possession, so usually end up having a shot. However, we've normally given the opposition plenty of time to get in position so we're not creating good chances.

Seeing wave after wave of pacy attack against Villa (in the second half) showed that we can do it and it works. We looked like the old Arsenal and Villa were bricking it. Against Bolton, with players like the lampost that is Zak Knight, we reverted to a snail's pace and paid the price.