Transfers that shook the world

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
lowerwest

Transfers that shook the world

Post by lowerwest »

Was on ESPN last night...featured the day we signed Sol Campbell.

Remember it like yesterday....smirking at all the Spurs fans at work.

Those were the days when we were top dogs and you felt proud to be a Gooner.

Havent felt like that for sometime.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ahhh the good ol' days before Arsene's labotomy. :banghead: I also remember the day we signed Thierry, I was absolutely buzzing.

It was so exciting to be a gooner in them days. Now it's fucking torture.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I remember that day still felt down about the 2001 cup final but when we signed Sol i felt really positive about 2002 which turned out to be right :barscarf:

A friend of mine went into the sp*rs shop in the local town centre where i lived that day and asked them if they put names on the back of shirts? When they said yes he pulled out an Arsenal shirt and said 'could you put Campbell on that please' :lol: They threw him out the shop :barscarf:

lowerwest

wheres it all gone wrong

Post by lowerwest »

contrast that feeling when we shoved it up spurs arse big time to the other side of the coin

2005-the day i first got really worried. we beat man u in the cup final but we were so crap it was daylight robbery

2005-selling viera. (no replacement)

2007-selling th (edouardo replacement)

2009-selling adebayor (chamakh replacement 12 mths later)

2011-seliing cesc and nasri.(arteta and the ox?)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Does it mention the transfer of SQ Park

That fucking shook my world

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:Does it mention the transfer of SQ Park

I fucking shook my head
Sorted.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

We lost to Valencia in the 2001 Champions League quarter final and a few weeks later handed the FA Cup to the victims . After the final Wenger made a comment about losing two big games in the same manner and the need to address it. He did and we won the double the following season. Now we are sliding further into oblivion every game and the manager does nothing.
As a 13 year old I remember being over the moon about the signing of Alan Hudson. Felt the same about Steve Williams. Bergkamp was the sign that Arsenal were taking things seriously again. Sol was fantastic for many reasons.
Non Arsenal bombshell was Mo Johnston joining Rangers after agreeing to rejoin Celtic...And today my local, club have signed a former Arsenal player. Shamrock Rovers have announced the signature of Kerrea Gilbert :barscarf:

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

I remember when we signed Henry.

I thought, "Not that gangly fucker who got ten minutes on the wing for France!"

In those days AW knew better than me.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Bradywasking wrote:We lost to Valencia in the 2001 Champions League quarter final and a few weeks later handed the FA Cup to the victims . After the final Wenger made a comment about losing two big games in the same manner and the need to address it. He did and we won the double the following season. Now we are sliding further into oblivion every game and the manager does nothing.
As a 13 year old I remember being over the moon about the signing of Alan Hudson. Felt the same about Steve Williams. Bergkamp was the sign that Arsenal were taking things seriously again. Sol was fantastic for many reasons.
Non Arsenal bombshell was Mo Johnston joining Rangers after agreeing to rejoin Celtic...And today my local, club have signed a former Arsenal player. Shamrock Rovers have announced the signature of Kerrea Gilbert :barscarf:
He's someone we need now. He was a bit of a loudmouth but he could play a bit and he always got stuck into the midfield battle. He wasn't that popular to begin with but when he formed a midfield with Rocky and Davis he looked decent.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

[quote="flash gunner"]I remember that day still felt down about the 2001 cup final but when we signed Sol i felt really positive about 2002 which turned out to be right :barscarf:

A friend of mine went into the sp*rs shop in the local town centre where i lived that day and asked them if they put names on the back of shirts? When they said yes he pulled out an Arsenal shirt and said 'could you put Campbell on that please' :lol: They threw him out the shop :barscarf:[/quote]

That is just class. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

flash gunner wrote:I remember that day still felt down about the 2001 cup final but when we signed Sol i felt really positive about 2002 which turned out to be right :barscarf:

A friend of mine went into the sp*rs shop in the local town centre where i lived that day and asked them if they put names on the back of shirts? When they said yes he pulled out an Arsenal shirt and said 'could you put Campbell on that please' :lol: They threw him out the shop :barscarf:
now THAT i funny :twisted:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Fabregas to BarcaWHORES.

It was a bolt from the blue.
I felt that I had been living in a cave, not to know this was possible.

Still taking the med's.