No excuses,,, "Guardiola to leave barca

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: No excuses,,, "Guardiola to leave barca

Post by flash gunner »

Dan_85 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Wenger; "The philosophy of Barcelona has to be about more than winning or losing a championship" :lol: :? What else should it be about? I guess they should be working harder on achieving that fourth place trophy and bettering themselves in the Deloitte money league lol
Tell me youre fucking about and he didnt really say that!!!!!! :shock:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... diola-exit
:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

What the fuck is it all about then?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Arsene Wenger... the man's not well, is he? What a load of crap he's spouting off now.

I'd absolutely love it, just love it if we got Pep.

Gunnersaurus

Re: GUARDIOLA QUITS BARCA

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Babatunde wrote:Being reported in Spain that Pep has walked away.

If our club and board had ANY ambition or intelligence, they would be on the phone to him right now, telling him that after he takes his one-year sabbatical (which is what he is reported as doing), that he will be the next Arsenal manager in 2014. When Le Jester has buggered off outta town.

Of course though, I fully expect Arsene's acolytes to come on here and tell people 'Oooh Pep has no plan B' blah blah etc.

Look forward to hearing that one. If 'no plan B' means your plan A yields 12 trophies, amogst them 2 CLs and one of the finest teams ever seen, then give me Pep all day long. I'll guarantee you this, if Pep turned up, plenty of mercenaries sitting in a comfort bubble would suddenly be down the dole queue. I'm looking at you Messers Squillaci, Song, Chamakh, Park, Denilson, Bendtner, Gervinho, Almunia, Fabianski and all the assorted dross (amongst them coaching and medical staff) draining the club of serious wages.

:banghead:
To be fair the Spanish League is like the SPL with regards to competition, see your point but the only trophies that impress are his Champions League ones.

I like him but against Chelsea he seemed out of ideas to be able to change and break them down, it just looked like us but with better players.

Im not so sure that he is the Messiah and looks like he's getting out as he knows he's peaked, that's not a good thing after a season like this one for them.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

goonersid wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Offer him what ever he wants

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -Barcelona
A man who walks away at the first sign of pressure, I'd rather we didn't. Give me Mourinho any day of the week.
Arsenal would be the perfect place for him then becuase, if recent years are anything to go by, he would never be put under any pressure by our board of accepting losers.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Offer him what ever he wants

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -Barcelona
A man who walks away at the first sign of pressure, I'd rather we didn't. Give me Mourinho any day of the week.
Yep, Jose Mourinho, a model of longevity
When he has "walked away" it has been as a winner, not a quitter. His sacking from the Chavs was premature, and I have no doubt they would have won the clge by now had he stayed.
You could say Pep has personal pride and knowing he's taken them as far as he can needs a break or new challenge, if only Wenger had the same sense of pride he'd stop talking about the top 4 being a trophy and move on. All this said i dont want Guardiola at Arsenal id much rather have Mourinho but neither of them are at a club for any length of time but ive had enough of this legacy crap i keep hearing. Dont create a legacy - manage my team get us challenging again and in time stay or go but get us challenging again!!!!!!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Exactly Flash... let's get away from the tippy - tappy get no-where football, 80pct possession doesn't alway win games, the whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

ThomasMitchell

Re: No excuses

Post by ThomasMitchell »

donaldo wrote:
flash gunner wrote:The luckiest man in world football.
No that is Wenger.£7m a year to finish 4th.Money for old rope
Makes me laugh watching the news today to see all the brewhaha about the Chief Executive of Barclays receiving £6.3 million pound a year for running the 10th largest bank in the world with tens of thousands of employees and creating a turnover in the billions. Then on the other hand you have Wenger on the same money for managing a Club with a fraction of the turnover, 7 years of failure, tactical ineptitude and paying dross like Djourou, Song and Diaby £50,000 a week for continual failure. Maybe they are both overpaid – but the latter example is a total joke in the circumstances.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't believe that people are actually allowing themselves to dream that Pep Guardiola would join Arsenal

Honestly, its a story that would outstrip any of Red Member's top 10 pieces of comedy genius

The trophy hoarder working for the property development company that has their safeguarder of future wealth under contract until 2014.

Not a fucking prayer.

Anyone care to lay me odds of Wenger's contract being extended ?

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

SteveO 35 wrote:I can't believe that people are actually allowing themselves to dream that Pep Guardiola would join Arsenal

Honestly, its a story that would outstrip any of Red Member's top 10 pieces of comedy genius

The trophy hoarder working for the property development company that has their safeguarder of future wealth under contract until 2014.

Not a fucking prayer.

I shouldn’t even think our Board know who Guardiola is.

swick23

Post by swick23 »

I'm not going to lie. That just must of been a lot. First year he had a top team already made and they won Copa, champions league, and la liga. And then won 4 more the next year, and then champions after that. I'm not saying it would be awesome for a club to be winning the best trophies in their country and europe year after year...but its got to be hard. If you don't win the champions league, its a failure. Not just in the owners eyes (like chavs) but in the fans and the rest of the worlds eyes. Thats a whole lot of pressure for a man to handle. Especially when it comes from friends and family from your home country and your senior club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I can't believe that people are actually allowing themselves to dream that Pep Guardiola would join Arsenal

Not a fucking prayer.

I shouldn’t even think our Board know who Guardiola is.
You can imagine can't you. Lets just indulge ourselves for one second and pretend that Pep puts in a call to the office to speak to Ivan

10 minutes later Ivan would be on the phone to Wee Stanny Krankee - "Hey there Stan - just had some Pep dude on the phone claiming he was team principal at Barcelona, but I got his number. Tested him out and he knew nothing about real estate development and the Arsenalization of the arena"

Good fucking grief - how on earth did our proud and famous club, steeped in history and tradition, get lumbered with these third rate, cheap suited, marketeer corporates and a sodding chairman that knows everything about the rules of Eton Fives and cock all about chairing a supposed elite football club in the 21st century

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

the moog wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Just watching Valencia-Atletico, on talking about the departure of the Valencia manager at the end of the season Clive Tyldesley says "they've finished 3rd for the last two years. That's not good enough for their fans."

Surely they should be ecstatic at so comfortably securing the 4th place trophy, no?!
clive tyldesly is talking rubbish besides two titles under benitez thats been their highest place for over thirty years. they have constantly been out of the running for the title. i wish commentators would get their facts right.
Tyldesley was actually correct. Read this article:

Valencia: prisoners of their own success
Gunnersaurus wrote:To be fair the Spanish League is like the SPL with regards to competition, see your point but the only trophies that impress are his Champions League ones.
There have been 2 SPL champions since 1985, 4 Premiership champions (Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea) since 1995, and 5 La Liga champions (Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Deportivo La Coruna, Valencia) since 1995.

Are you impressed by Ferguson winning 12 (out of 19) Premiership titles or not? Considering that Man Utd have dominated the Premiership as much as Rangers (12) have dominated the SPL in the past 19 seasons.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Not a fucking prayer.

Hill-Wood on Guardiola coming to Arsenal "Who? Guardiola? No No, No thankyou, we don't want his sort at our club". :-P

I got a feeling that very few will give pep the respect he deserves. Oh well. And I can see a few here are itching for us to adopt a hoof-n-hope style of play. Bloody hell, Barca's rubbish tippy tappy style made them win 72% of their games, and destroy manchester utd in two European Cup finals. Yet people our itching for us to use a Chelsea style template??

We're not going to copy barca, but all we need is ambition, the style we play [attack] is not the problem its ambition, the will to win.