Warning regarding letting mates have tickets.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Warning regarding letting mates have tickets.

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I was talking to this fan the other day who went on holiday recently and couldn't make the Chavs game. He's been a ST holder for 20 years, sold his tkt to a mate for Face Value. His mate was on his way in and was randomly picked out by stewards and asked a couple of basic questions about his membership. Of course he didn't know all of the answers and came clean. The stewards confiscated the ticket, his mate was refused entry and the Club wrote to the ST holder telling him that he'd broken membership rules and relegated him back to ST Waiting List status.
Now I know they'll say rules is rules and all that bollocks but surely a warning would have been suffcient. Yet another example of the current day Arsenal looking after its loyal fans eh?
So if you're considering letting your mate go on your membership or even loaning your ST out for a season as some do, well there could be a sting in the tail. :(

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Re: Warning regarding letting mates have tickets.

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

Eboue-Why? wrote:I was talking to this fan the other day who went on holiday recently and couldn't make the Chavs game. He's been a ST holder for 20 years, sold his tkt to a mate for Face Value. His mate was on his way in and was randomly picked out by stewards and asked a couple of basic questions about his membership. Of course he didn't know all of the answers and came clean. The stewards confiscated the ticket, his mate was refused entry and the Club wrote to the ST holder telling him that he'd broken membership rules and relegated him back to ST Waiting List status.
Now I know they'll say rules is rules and all that bollocks but surely a warning would have been suffcient. Yet another example of the current day Arsenal looking after its loyal fans eh?
So if you're considering letting your mate go on your membership or even loaning your ST out for a season as some do, well there could be a sting in the tail. :(
Doesnt it say somewhere within the T&C's that the Season Ticket can be given away if you are unable to attend? Or has that now stopped since they invented the TX system?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Rocky Number Seven wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:I was talking to this fan the other day who went on holiday recently and couldn't make the Chavs game. He's been a ST holder for 20 years, sold his tkt to a mate for Face Value. His mate was on his way in and was randomly picked out by stewards and asked a couple of basic questions about his membership. Of course he didn't know all of the answers and came clean. The stewards confiscated the ticket, his mate was refused entry and the Club wrote to the ST holder telling him that he'd broken membership rules and relegated him back to ST Waiting List status.
Doesnt it say somewhere within the T&C's that the Season Ticket can be given away if you are unable to attend? Or has that now stopped since they invented the TX system?
To be honest I haven't read them for years but I think it will say that only the member is allowed to use it. Of course TX is a wonderful thing.....if you're happy with the 368% admin charge subtracted by the club. What's that for then, to pay for the electricity that runs the computer that sells your ticket on? :banghead:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Then why when we played Ac Millan away did the club have a statement on the website about knowing and understanding that some people have season tickets in other people’s names?

Its obvious people rent out and give tickets away. They know it goes on and if it was such a big thing then why don’t they release a press statement saying anyone found doing this will be banned

Seems very harsh that it happened to that guy

Rocky Number Seven

I was sure that I have read somewhere that you could pass your ticket on if you could not make a game but you wasnt allowed to benefit in any way finiancially and that doing such was a breach of the agreement you had when taking the ticket with the club??

Could very well be wrong but sure there used to be something in there along those lines. Not sure of the nature of the incident but the mate who was being asked the Q's should have said his mate was on holiday and gave him the ticket.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Rocky Number Seven wrote:I was sure that I have read somewhere that you could pass your ticket on if you could not make a game but you wasnt allowed to benefit in any way finiancially and that doing such was a breach of the agreement you had when taking the ticket with the club??

Could very well be wrong but sure there used to be something in there along those lines. Not sure of the nature of the incident but the mate who was being asked the Q's should have said his mate was on holiday and gave him the ticket.
That's the thing though, he told them the truth and it's backfired big time

Rocky Number Seven

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Rocky Number Seven wrote:I was sure that I have read somewhere that you could pass your ticket on if you could not make a game but you wasnt allowed to benefit in any way finiancially and that doing such was a breach of the agreement you had when taking the ticket with the club??

That's the thing though, he told them the truth and it's backfired big time
Dont agree with it whastoever, it seems like the club are trying to alienate fans more and more. You do tend to hear of more and more cases like this and its a shame because people will just result in leaving their seats empty than letting another person use them.

I just found this online its the closest I could find to "Dos and Donts" regarding the lending of spares.

The Season Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, assigned, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, or used for any other commercial purpose, save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/do ... 11_201.pdf

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

I have been an active supporter since 1968 and seen quite a bit re the Arsenal but this is quite "unbelievable".

:evil:

richpye

Post by richpye »

The rules say you have to get written permission from the club! And that's only if no money changes hands.
It also seems to indicate that this is discretionary, so guess you wouldn't get away with this on a regular basis.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Simple answer - if some jumped up steward stops you using a mates ticket then just pretend you don't understand them. A few years ago a mate of mine got stopped at an away game using an OAP concession ticket (he is in early 20's). As quick as a flash he pretened he was a deaf mute and the stewards got so embarrassed they just let him in :D

skipper

Post by skipper »

I often get in via my mates season tickets and rule #1 is: never mention money!

Saying that, he's extremely unlucky to be picked on :banghead:

Goose

Post by Goose »

skipper wrote:I often get in via my mates season tickets and rule #1 is: never mention money!

Saying that, he's extremely unlucky to be picked on :banghead:
I agree - as soon as you mention money you may as well change your name to stan flashman. my st is near one of the exits and loads of people aimlessly amble up to the stewards with season tickets asking where their seat is. They always direct them without question. They know what goes on but as long as you don't say any money has changed hands then no problems.

Tonyb

Post by Tonyb »

So what happens with all the club level seats that are exchanged all the time through the corporate buyers :?: but the club obviously would not upset these fans

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

It does seem like the club is deliberately trying to piss off their most loyal fans. I have a mate who runs his own v successful business. He has 2 STs and 2 club level seats. he mixes and matches family, friends and business contacts every game. God help the club if they interfere with that. They'll lose close to £10k in revenue.

We are in Thatcherite hell. Penny wise, pound foolish.