McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
HashKads

Re: McDowell's VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by HashKads »

Rohan wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:My pal from the training ground has spoken... 8)

RVP has demanded new players into the squad if he is to sign a new contract. Wenger has told him that he will give him no reassurances. He runs the Club and no-one else. We have to sell before we can buy. Fringe players are up for sale including Bendtner, Vela, Denilson and Squillaci. Once they go, we can buy. Basically Wenger won't be told what to do by anyone. RVP is peed off and has joined up with Holland. Wenger hasn't learned from last Summer when exactly the same happened. Gazidis is exasperated as he can see the fall out with Season Ticket holders and sponsors etc. It's getting messy already.

:banghead:
What happened to M'Villa guy we are trying to sign before WBA game.
Nothing will be announced until announced until the French League is over this Sunday.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I've heard that its still on, that we're thrashing out the price, so probably offering them 10 quid and a pair of Sammy Nelson's old shorts.

Baba is he worth the 17 mil they're apparently quoting? Only seen flashes of him. I know you're pretty in tune with the french league.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

clockender1 wrote:flappy's off - says he 'hopes his Arsenal adventure has come to an end..."

sorry mate, but so do we.

we gave you five years. time to go.

dumb question, but why don't we ever sign English kids as prospects or a kid from div 2/3 ?
Best news of the window so far - I don't think I've hated any Arsenal player (whilst still at the club) as much as that useless turd in 30 years

I'll be forever grateful for that truly stunning display in the 5-1 shame at the Lane, throwing away Arshavin's 4 goals at Anfield, charging out of the goal at Wembley to hand the Chavs a place in the FA Cup Final, two of the most pathetic mistakes I've ever witnessed in the same game at Porto, conceding 3 in 10 minutes at Wigan, letting Chelsea back into the game in the Carling Cup final........oh fuck it, the list is endless, but thankfully his Arsenal career isn't.

Get the fuck out of our club. I'll pay for the one-way ticket

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

SteveO 35 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:flappy's off - says he 'hopes his Arsenal adventure has come to an end..."

sorry mate, but so do we.

we gave you five years. time to go.

dumb question, but why don't we ever sign English kids as prospects or a kid from div 2/3 ?
Best news of the window so far - I don't think I've hated any Arsenal player (whilst still at the club) as much as that useless turd in 30 years

I'll be forever grateful for that truly stunning display in the 5-1 shame at the Lane, throwing away Arshavin's 4 goals at Anfield, charging out of the goal at Wembley to hand the Chavs a place in the FA Cup Final, two of the most pathetic mistakes I've ever witnessed in the same game at Porto, conceding 3 in 10 minutes at Wigan, letting Chelsea back into the game in the Carling Cup final........oh fuck it, the list is endless, but thankfully his Arsenal career isn't.

Get the fuck out of our club. I'll pay for the one-way ticket
It says it all that Wenger would rather play an injured Szczesny, injecting his shoulder before the game for the last 5 weeks than play that useless twat.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

clockender1 wrote: dumb question, but why don't we ever sign English kids as prospects or a kid from div 2/3 ?
You mean like Chamberlain and Jenkinson?

They were signed from Southampton and Charlton only last summer. Not many before that I suppose, apart from Ramsey and Theo.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Grant Holt hands in a transfer request at the Canaries.

Oh dear, I wonder where this will go?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

HashKads wrote: What happened to M'Villa guy we are trying to sign before WBA game.
Nothing will be announced until announced until the French League is over this Sunday.[/quote]

Could be a bit like Nasri where we had to wait until July to announce it because of French tax reasons.
IF we have signed him that is.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Probably wants one lucrative contract before he retires. He's been lower league all his playing days.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Realistically, what would you offer wages wise RVP if you were in Gazidis' position?

PatRiceKnows

Post by PatRiceKnows »

around the 140k mark, best striker in the world right now imo. Has to stay.

MadRich

Post by MadRich »

HashKads wrote:Realistically, what would you offer wages wise RVP if you were in Gazidis' position?
140k 4 year contract with 7.5m sign on bonus

works our around 180k per week.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Please look back at the summer rumour threads for the last 6/7 years. They are all like this and we end up signing Chamakh. For the sake of your mental health guys you need to realise you are going to be bitterly dissapointed. Sorry.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

U know my mate then....same one who told me about Goetze

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

RVP has demanded new players into the squad if he is to sign a new contract. Wenger has told him that he will give him no reassurances. He runs the Club and no-one else. We have to sell before we can buy. Fringe players are up for sale including Bendtner, Vela, Denilson and Squillaci. Once they go, we can buy. Basically Wenger won't be told what to do by anyone. RVP is peed off and has joined up with Holland. Wenger hasn't learned from last Summer when exactly the same happened. Gazidis is exasperated as he can see the fall out with Season Ticket holders and sponsors etc. It's getting messy already.

1.At least that means that he does want to stay.

2. No he fucking doesn't. He is employed by the club to manage the team. He does not (shouldn't anyway) run the club, bunch of spineless, sell out tossers who were our "custodians" need to put him in his place. :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

g88ner wrote:
clockender1 wrote: dumb question, but why don't we ever sign English kids as prospects or a kid from div 2/3 ?
You mean like Chamberlain and Jenkinson?

They were signed from Southampton and Charlton only last summer. Not many before that I suppose, apart from Ramsey and Theo.

sorry mate - i wasn't very clear there. I meant keepers .

we seem to invest a lot of time and money in young foreign goalkeeping prospects who technically may be good (sometimes) who then either are too weak physically, or too panicky to make it in the big league.

wouldn't we be better to take some kid from the lower divisions that has strength and a cool head and improve their technique ?

when was the last time we had an english keeper on the bench let alone the team ???