City / Citeh Drinking and match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Metalheadz Gooner

Re: City / Citeh Drinking and match thread

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
topcat wrote:
armchair supporter wrote: On the other hand we have the "AKB's
They see this as a good result against the champions.
They think we should stop complaining and "get behind the team" ??
Clearly a dig at me be cause i replied "Try just getting behind your team instead of whinging about everything even when we get a good point away at the champions!" to babatwat its means im an "AKB", :lol: i cant be anything else, i must be an "AKB" lol.

I just think people on here whinge at the wrong time and just can't ever be satisfied! They were probably whinging that we didn't win all 4 trophies in 2004, probably whinged that we didn't win the treble in 2002.....These sorts of fans will just not look on the positive side about anything. They aren't going to change anything, they aren't going to help, theres nothing they can possibly do to change Arsenal so they may as well just shut up and enjoy watching some pretty good players run rings around most teams we play, cos thats what we do.
Yes great argument that. They moaned when we went unbeaten right? And you know this because....
:rubchin:

Oh yeah hold on. You know jack shit.

Moving along please... :roll:

Baba, I bet you moaned that there were too many draws.
But there were!!! :lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
topcat wrote:
armchair supporter wrote: On the other hand we have the "AKB's
They see this as a good result against the champions.
They think we should stop complaining and "get behind the team" ??
Clearly a dig at me be cause i replied "Try just getting behind your team instead of whinging about everything even when we get a good point away at the champions!" to babatwat its means im an "AKB", :lol: i cant be anything else, i must be an "AKB" lol.

I just think people on here whinge at the wrong time and just can't ever be satisfied! They were probably whinging that we didn't win all 4 trophies in 2004, probably whinged that we didn't win the treble in 2002.....These sorts of fans will just not look on the positive side about anything. They aren't going to change anything, they aren't going to help, theres nothing they can possibly do to change Arsenal so they may as well just shut up and enjoy watching some pretty good players run rings around most teams we play, cos thats what we do.
Yes great argument that. They moaned when we went unbeaten right? And you know this because....
:rubchin:

Oh yeah hold on. You know jack shit.

Moving along please... :roll:

Baba, I bet you moaned that there were too many draws.
Didn't Ferguson?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i lived up in South Manchester for four years, and went to City quite a few times with lads from Withington & West Didsbury, and they were a nice bunch of lads.

when they were in league two/division three they were still taking 5,000 away and having gates of 30,000.

so i have a lot time and respect for those real City fans, yes they now have some know-it-all mouthy JCL wankers but then so do we - even on here, don't we ? :wink: :?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This match showed how ridiculous Wenger's claims are that this is his best squad yet. Yes, it was a very good point given City's home record, and we arguably deserved all three, and I absolutely loved seeing the whole team going mental when we scored. BUT The Invincibles would have punished such a lacklustre City performance, Vieira would have really torn their midfield apart time and time again with his ball-carrying ability and had Henry had half the opportunities Gervinho had he would have probably headed home with the matchball.

Not knocking the performance at all and this is the most positive I've felt about the team for a long long time, but The Invincibles would piss all over the current PL competition.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:This match showed how ridiculous Wenger's claims are that this is his best squad yet. .
yeah we know that, but he's talking them up ahead of Chelsea :wink: :box:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The Evening Standard continued their Wenger love in yesterday. Apparently those that doubted Wenger have been silenced once and for all, and that his transfer policy has been well and truly vindicated

Yep, you heard it folks. All of us moaning about the problems of the past seven years have been well and truly proved wrong on the back of two wins and three draws before the end of September.

I'm in full agreement with Herd and the others that we should always be behind the team, but what happened to a bit of perspective in September from the goldfish brains. Just as the world won't end if we lose to Chelsea next up, if we draw or beat them neither does it prove that Wenger is the right man once and for all. Five games into the season FFS - on that basis Steve Clarke is the manager of the decade for getting West Brom into the Champions League. :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

But I’m puzzled why you think it’s a buried myth that Wenger has had funds. Surely the myth is that he hasn’t had funds? To be able to spend/waste £120m or so a year on wages must mean he’s had money. Over £50m made in profits in the transfer market since we left Highbury must also mean he has had money. Where has that money gone? The stadium debt is the myth. It is easily paying for itself with the extra revenue it generates

Wenger doesn't negotiate the wages so it isn't him spending it ,the club negotiate the player deals as they always have done ,we sell every year and do not spend more than we have received in sales its all pretty simple !

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:But I’m puzzled why you think it’s a buried myth that Wenger has had funds. Surely the myth is that he hasn’t had funds? To be able to spend/waste £120m or so a year on wages must mean he’s had money. Over £50m made in profits in the transfer market since we left Highbury must also mean he has had money. Where has that money gone? The stadium debt is the myth. It is easily paying for itself with the extra revenue it generates

Wenger doesn't negotiate the wages so it isn't him spending it ,the club negotiate the player deals as they always have done ,we sell every year and do not spend more than we have received in sales its all pretty simple !

So are you honestly claiming that wenger has no input into contract negotiations ? :shock: This is a guy that was heavily involved in choosing the decor for the new London colney and you think that he would allow fiszman, kroenke and gazidas decide which players are worth keeping and at what price ? This is Wenger's State and nothing and I mean nothing gets done without his say so

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

SteveO 35 wrote:The Evening Standard continued their Wenger love in yesterday. Apparently those that doubted Wenger have been silenced once and for all, and that his transfer policy has been well and truly vindicated

Yep, you heard it folks. All of us moaning about the problems of the past seven years have been well and truly proved wrong on the back of two wins and three draws before the end of September.

I'm in full agreement with Herd and the others that we should always be behind the team, but what happened to a bit of perspective in September from the goldfish brains. Just as the world won't end if we lose to Chelsea next up, if we draw or beat them neither does it prove that Wenger is the right man once and for all. Five games into the season FFS - on that basis Steve Clarke is the manager of the decade for getting West Brom into the Champions League. :D
How wrong was I?
Goalkeeping situation? What 'situation'? Did you not see Don Vito's imperious handling skills!

Lack of cutting edge up front in RVP's absence? What lack of cutting edge! Did you see Lionel Gervinho up front? His name even sounds Brazilian! He's the Brazilian Eboue! Even wears his shirt! :roll:

And yes we've all been proven wrong because Arsenal sit below the might West Brom and Everton in the league table! :barscarf:
Oh and all the meanwhile Van Persie has won Man United 6 points from games they deserved nothing in, whilst Arsenal's 'striker' have managed between all 3 of them, less goals than Ricky Lambert of Southampton. :oops:

Still. What is that 8 years without a pot? Only Arsene can 'prove people wrong' whilst sitting below West Brom in a league table :roll:

I expect to be told after we finish 4th this seaosn by Arsene and his rebel forces 'Ah see look what happened! You all claimed Arsenal would finish 15th this season and look, Arsene has OVER-ACHIEVED AGAIN'! :rubchin:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Herd wrote:But I’m puzzled why you think it’s a buried myth that Wenger has had funds. Surely the myth is that he hasn’t had funds? To be able to spend/waste £120m or so a year on wages must mean he’s had money. Over £50m made in profits in the transfer market since we left Highbury must also mean he has had money. Where has that money gone? The stadium debt is the myth. It is easily paying for itself with the extra revenue it generates

At last year's AGM, Ivan Gazidis clarified - in the presence of Arsene Wenger - that Wenger has 100% control over the wage decisions and contractual details of every single member of the playing staff.
Check for yourself.

Don't let the facts get in the way mind...
:roll:

Block_5_Gooner

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

FrenchGun wrote:Many may not share my opinion but I thought Arteta had a pretty poor game today, according to his standards. I won't be too much on his back since he's been nothing but outstanding since the begining of the season. But today he was a bit below. Quite a few misplaced passes, sometimes caught out of position. Doesn't really sound like him. I guess it was a one off. Diaby as well. At some moment I thought he was reverting to his old self when he started turning on himself too much, staying on the ball for too long, and in the end getting caught in dangerous positions. (I even think one of his lost ball almost ended up in a goal for Shitty in the second half) Gervinho.... Well... All has been said already. Eboué never left. He just put a wig on.
Interesting how people have different perceptions on what they see or in some case what they choose to see.

Ignoring the point whether Arteta overall had a poor game or not but regarding the "misplaced passes".....Arteta was the the most successful passer of the game. (100/106) 94%.

Infact the top 5 passers were all Arsenal players in order: Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla Gibbs & Diaby. The first Citeh player was Yaya who was 7th, after Jenko, with 55/63 passes on 87%
:proudtosay:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Block_5_Gooner wrote:
FrenchGun wrote:Many may not share my opinion but I thought Arteta had a pretty poor game today, according to his standards. I won't be too much on his back since he's been nothing but outstanding since the begining of the season. But today he was a bit below. Quite a few misplaced passes, sometimes caught out of position. Doesn't really sound like him. I guess it was a one off. Diaby as well. At some moment I thought he was reverting to his old self when he started turning on himself too much, staying on the ball for too long, and in the end getting caught in dangerous positions. (I even think one of his lost ball almost ended up in a goal for Shitty in the second half) Gervinho.... Well... All has been said already. Eboué never left. He just put a wig on.
Interesting how people have different perceptions on what they see or in some case what they choose to see.

Ignoring the point whether Arteta overall had a poor game or not but regarding the "misplaced passes".....Arteta was the the most successful passer of the game. (100/106) 94%.

Infact the top 5 passers were all Arsenal players in order: Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla Gibbs & Diaby. The first Citeh player was Yaya who was 7th, after Jenko, with 55/63 passes on 87%
Didn't think he had a poor game overall, but there were a few times when he perhaps uncharacteristically gave the ball away.

Everybody knows stats can be manipulated, like how all United fans pointed towards Scholes having 97% pass rate or whatever in his return against City in the FA Cup last year as evidence that he was running the game, even though it was absolutely obvious to anybody watching the game that he had a stinker, his few misplaced passes cost the team a goal and were lucky not to do so on other occasions, and the vast majority of those passes were 5-yard backward passes because City were out on their feet having had 10-men for most of the game and couldn't pressure the ball.

Block_5_Gooner

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Block_5_Gooner wrote:

Didn't think he had a poor game overall, but there were a few times when he perhaps uncharacteristically gave the ball away.

Everybody knows stats can be manipulated, like how all United fans pointed towards Scholes having 97% pass rate or whatever in his return against City in the FA Cup last year as evidence that he was running the game, even though it was absolutely obvious to anybody watching the game that he had a stinker, his few misplaced passes cost the team a goal and were lucky not to do so on other occasions, and the vast majority of those passes were 5-yard backward passes because City were out on their feet having had 10-men for most of the game and couldn't pressure the ball.
Are you DB10? :lol:

Back to Mikel, 6 misplaced passes out of 106 can't be classed as a poor pass rate.
Fair enough overall he may have been poor but I didn't see that. He may have lost the ball in possession or positional bad but unfortunately when the question is "Mis-placed passes" the stats can't lie.

When you look deeper into the stats you can see he's sitting and holding as a DM. Which may explain why we didn't see Arteta as we're used to

stg

Post by stg »

Reading some stats from yesterdays match and last season match away at city.

2011-passes MC=319 Arsenal=377
2012-passes MC=343, 24 more passes, Arsenal=561, 184 more passes than last season and 218 more than city in the same match

and another thing

Pantilimon=£3 million
Kolarov=£17 million
Mattija Nastasic=£12 million
Rodwell=£15 million
Barry=£12 million
Tevez=£25.5 million
Balotel=£24.5 million

Man city bench worth £109 million

Tevez=£25.5 m
Baloteli=£24.5 m
Dzeko=£27 m