Arsenal v Olympiakos

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
k1tsun3

Re: Arsenal v Olympiakos

Post by k1tsun3 »

Clash wrote:Does anyone else find the atmosphere generated by fans of Greek and Turkish teams to be both annoying and monotonous?

They are clearly very passionate. But it seems to me that what they mainly do during a match is a lot of jumping up and down creating a repetitive and tuneless noise that bears no resemblance to what's happening on the pitch. Often they're not even looking at the pitch. And unlike a good British atmosphere they dont seem to influence what happens on the pitch the way the noise they generate should do.

I love a good atmosphere under the lights but fans of team like Olympiacos get on my bloody nerves :banghead:
Yeah, I'm passing on this one. I went last year and can't really be bothered to pay for this one. I am heading to the next one against Schalke. Their away support is suppose to be pretty good. By the time I was able to get a ticket I had to go upper tier, so I got seats just above the away support. It should be the best away support in this group, ans in turn, hopefully the best atmosphere and match during the group stage.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Clash wrote:Does anyone else find the atmosphere generated by fans of Greek and Turkish teams to be both annoying and monotonous?

They are clearly very passionate. But it seems to me that what they mainly do during a match is a lot of jumping up and down creating a repetitive and tuneless noise that bears no resemblance to what's happening on the pitch. Often they're not even looking at the pitch. And unlike a good British atmosphere they dont seem to influence what happens on the pitch the way the noise they generate should do.

I love a good atmosphere under the lights but fans of team like Olympiacos get on my bloody nerves :banghead:
Don't let Dan85 catch you saying these things.

:D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yes chanting the same thing over and over again from 3 hours before kick off until deep into the night. I don't know how I've survived going to football for 30 years without such excitement

Personally I wish they'd just sit there and watch the fucking game

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

arseofacrow wrote:

Don't let Dan85 catch you saying these things.

:D :wink:
:twisted: http://youtu.be/_-p034c1GBM

Yeah actually, gimme a few renditions of "stand up if you hate tottnum" any day. Oh, and then I really like the parts where we never manage to sing more than 2 rounds of a song, at best :roll: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I do wish that football would become a bit more like cricket so we could all sit there and enjoy the game

Can't all the people that want to jump around and sing moronic songs find something better to do......preferably involving a pier, a sack, some bricks and a nice taut piece of rope

Stand up if you hate Tottnum at a League Cup game against Coventry. Sorry I refuse to get up and participate in such shite. And if creating an 'atmosphere' is "Who are ya? Who are ya?" every time a goal is scored then clearly I'm in a minority that would rather have fuck all atmosphere.

Can we save the shit songs for next year's X Factor auditions - the perfect home for them

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

k1tsun3 wrote:

Yes, those rough oiks do rather put me off my G&T.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

The flat track bullies will win 5 or 6 nil, and everything will be rosy everywhere. :roll: :roll:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Good fans shit team.

:twisted:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

franksav63 wrote:The flat track bullies will win 5 or 6 nil, and everything will be rosy everywhere. :roll: :roll:
Yep, the great white hope Graeme Hick (sorry Giroud) will score a nice century (tap in) on a featherbed pitch whilst the Bangladesh military mediums (the Olympiakos strikers) toil in vain without reward

Come February when we draw Barcelona (Australia of the 90s and 00's), Mannone and Koscielny (Lathwell and Monte Lynch) will be trapped in the headlights as Messi and Cesc (McGrath and Warne) rip through the non-existent midfield (top order) all of which will be achieved under 'special circumstances' (a doctored pitch)

We're getting the hang of this now mate......

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Giroud must surely be fit to beat Roy Carroll :D .........shouldn't he :? ..........hopefully :| .....please :banghead:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Agreed

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

littlefire wrote:Good fans shit team.

:twisted:
People said exactly the same this time last year when Olympiakos were unlucky not to get something from the game after dominating us for large periods of the match. They're no worse now than they were 12 months ago...

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

As ^ said, there is no saying what would have happened had per played. Its not a poor decision, its an unlucky one. he was considering hazard vs per and didnt like the thought of it, i wouldnt either. Chelsea dont even have any real height in their side. Considering the season Kos had last year, it was a fair call.
Santi and giroud could have won it for us. Mannone was poor. Giroud better turn out to be the new henry, he's already cost us 4 points single handedly.

Post by 1989 »

We won't win and all will be rosy in the Babatunde garden.

wellingRed

Post by wellingRed »

Does anyone know if we can get a beer at Champions League games this season - I cant see anything on the website?