Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DarylAFC

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by DarylAFC »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:Problem is if you send him out on loan, who'd want him in the Premier League? Plenty of Championship teams would but that wont do him any good, he needs top flight experience to see if it truly is just off-form or if he really is only fit for the second tier.
:? Ramsey would easily get a loan to a premier league club. Quite possibly a decent mid-table one at that. You don't think even the likes of Fulham, Everton, Sunderland might be interested? Never mind the Villas, West Broms, Boltons (if they stay up) etc. He's got it all to prove & he's struggling no doubt but have you seen some of the shite that plays in the premier league?
Like Yankee said, I can't see them wanting him. If he did go there on loan, he'd be on the bench as a back up, so still not getting the experience he needs. I honestly believe a loan could be good for him but we'll struggle to find someone who'd want him.

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

DarylAFC wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:Problem is if you send him out on loan, who'd want him in the Premier League? Plenty of Championship teams would but that wont do him any good, he needs top flight experience to see if it truly is just off-form or if he really is only fit for the second tier.
:? Ramsey would easily get a loan to a premier league club. Quite possibly a decent mid-table one at that. You don't think even the likes of Fulham, Everton, Sunderland might be interested? Never mind the Villas, West Broms, Boltons (if they stay up) etc. He's got it all to prove & he's struggling no doubt but have you seen some of the shite that plays in the premier league?
Like Yankee said, I can't see them wanting him. If he did go there on loan, he'd be on the bench as a back up, so still not getting the experience he needs. I honestly believe a loan could be good for him but we'll struggle to find someone who'd want him.
Reading

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

What? :rubchin: :rubchin:

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

LeGinge (Northern Branch) wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:
Reading
Doubt it, but who knows eh? Hopefully someone would take him but I cant see it.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

No - I mean what is he reading? :-P :lol:

Bloody took so long for someone to reply to my post I thought the opportunity for that gag had gone. :banghead: :lol: :lol: :wink:

(Edit: just realised that it wasn't even the original poster and thus have had to adjust my post! :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :roll:) :lol: :wink:

EC3

Post by EC3 »

From last night's Evening Standard reference the boo boys

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... 78227.html

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

EC3 wrote:From last night's Evening Standard reference the boo boys

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... 78227.html
This always gets my fucking goat.... the ''Boo Boys''.... bloody hell, he's hardly getting boo'd mercilessly everytime he steps out.... it does make me laugh, I remember Graham Rix used to get hell from the fans at home, despite, if he was having a bad game, working his bollocks off.... Ok Eboue got stick, but rightly so, imo, people go on about Greedy being boo'd, christ, had we known what he turned into since leaving he should have been boo'd everytime he came onto the pitch for us.... I also think that Diaby gets off light this way, imo, he should be boo'd every time he makes an appearance until he gets the message.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I've not heard him booed once :rubchin:

I think most sensible fans blame wenger for playing him anyway , obviously your going to get a few moans from the fans when your doing badly but we still support him.

:roll: journo bollocks

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Well Yann M'Vila is getting slaughtered by his own Rennes fans at the mo so maybe we could do a swap :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All this stuff about the Arsenal 'boo-boys' is getting on my tits now. They have to claw up the incident with Eboue - when was that, 3 to 4 years ago now? Like we're the only team in the league that have got a couple of players the fans don't like.

Honestly, we were down in 18th at the start of this season. When Liverpool were down in lower mid-table under Hodgson they were chanting "Dalglish" after a few weeks ! And this is the same "great fan base" that booed their team off after a 0-0 draw at home to West Ham when Benitez had them top of the league.

Those supposedly wonderful Geordie fans are quick to turn on their own, Man Utd booed Ferdinand a few years back when he was stalling over his contract, Villa fans boo at just about every fucking match.

On one hand its the Highbury Library, on the other its a cauldron of hate against our own players. The supposed 'jeering' of Walcott was a few grumbles when we were 0-2 down against our biggest rivals and he was having another stinker - there was no mass booing.

I'd love to know which other supposed big club would be so fucking patient after years of underachievement. I can just see Barcelona fans staying for a lap of appreciation 7 years after Pep last won them a trophy, and those all so understanding United fans I'm sure will be calling for Fergie to retire if City win the league

Such a load of old bollocks. We have the most patient fans anywhere in the land (although perhaps I'm not one of them :D )

AFCjames

Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

Post by AFCjames »

Sorry if there is already another thread on this but i would like to make several points about the boy.

1. He's a Central midfield player so why play him out wide? two massively different positions
2. Ramsey never stops running unlike several players, always making the effort
3. Fans are too quickly to jump on his back. He tries a through ball doesn't work and people are shouting crap like 'sell him, he's f***in useless'. Cazorla tries a through ball and it doesn't work 'unlucky, your still class'. I'm not comparing the two players just using examples of what I heard yesterday.
4. I'm not a Ramsey fan boy, just feel the lad gets too much abuse when actually he doesn't do that much wrong and there are others that some weeks play a lot worse than he does.

Once again, apologies if there is another thread on Ramsey

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

I agree with all of the points you have made here. People are far to quick to jump up and abuse him which is wrong when the mistakes he makes are identical of those around him.

Given the Diaby injury (even the slightest thing keeps him out for a month at a time) it would seem Ramsey will be playing a far more important role now and we should get behind him all of the way

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

1.He was and is shit in the middle which is maybe why.
2.He's not Forest Gump so it makes no difference if he's playing badly.
3.People jump on his back because we had a year of fancy flicks and holding on to the ball and slowing down play, its not personal, to compare his contribution to Cazorla is lunacy even if Cazorla has only played 7 games.
4.He gets no more abuse then any of the other passengers. Infact he gets less because he broke his leg.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I'm afraid he isn't good enough for the way we play, broken leg or no.

Needs too much time on the ball and is grindingly average in all aspects. One to add to the long list of players who need shipping out.

Failing that, get a head coach who actually knows what he's doing and instill some tactical discipline into him i.e. "this is your defined role in the team" as opposed to telling all 11 blokes to just "play your natural game".

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

he's the new Denilson,

:D