Thomas Eisfeld but Frimpong if u have to

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hugh jardon

Re: Thomas Eisfeld

Post by hugh jardon »

I was very impressed with Eisfeld last night, I remember he did well pre-season but this was the first time seeing him in the flesh and he certainly made a huge contribution in changing the game.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

SteveO 35 wrote:Why did Dortmund let him go ?
Because they have Götze and Reus.

Luckily he signed for us! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Looks a fantastic prospect and would like to see him named as a sub for the fist team.

Also has a good eye for goal.

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Saw him a bit in pre season, looked a talent then, scored 3 and toured with the first team

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Re Frimpong: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... first-team

Story on the day of the Reading game saying he needed two more 90 minute games for the 21s first. Odd.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

northbank123 wrote:Re Frimpong: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... first-team

Story on the day of the Reading game saying he needed two more 90 minute games for the 21s first. Odd.
So all these people saying he plays "billy big bollocks" have made a slight mistake here. If he did already think he'd made it, why come out with this? :rubchin:

I still think Frimpong will make it one day IF we play him as a proper DM.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DarylAFC wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Re Frimpong: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... first-team

So all these people saying he plays "billy big bollocks" have made a slight mistake here. If he did already think he'd made it, why come out with this? :rubchin:
eh? :? :lol:

All he's saying is that, after 9 months out, he's not yet match fit to play for our first team... which, based on Tuesday nights performance, is bloody obvious!

Whatever people's views are of Frimpong, that comment he made has got naf all to do with him being (or not being) a billy big bollocks.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

He might have read the reviews about himself and gave it a thought.
Fair play if he took criticisms on board. He is still billy big bollocks, but there is still plenty of time for the young fella to prove himself in an Arsenal shirt.
Drop the Dench and rapper stuff for five years or so and concentrate on trying your best to be a beast of a midfielder son.

Good luck.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Vinny1967 wrote:Looks a fantastic prospect and would like to see him named as a sub for the fist team.

Also has a good eye for goal.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Didn't realise Hashkads was putting together a side!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

g88ner wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:

All he's saying is that, after 9 months out, he's not yet match fit to play for our first team... which, based on Tuesday nights performance, is bloody obvious!

Whatever people's views are of Frimpong, that comment he made has got naf all to do with him being (or not being) a billy big bollocks.
But if he was as arrogant as people make out, he wouldn't admit a failing on his part would he? :wink:

I actually don't mind the whole rap thing, what else was he going to do while injured? He could reign it back a bit now, but so long as it doesn't interfere with his football I don't care. As for the Dench suff, well I'm guilty of having a couple Dench T-shirts (Actually a great convo starter when on the piss I find). Again, as long as it doesn;t interfere with the football, it's all good. Actually, it's Dench. 8)

Anyway, back to Eisfeld. I;d much rather see him start than Ramsey. Ramsey's had his chance and failed, give someone else the chance.

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

I've been really impressed with Eisfeld everytime Ive seen him. Forget Gnabry, this kid is the next star to be plucked from nowhere by AW :barscarf:

There is something about his style which reminds me a bit of a certain Jack Wilshire, just hope he doesnt have the same injury problems :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DarylAFC wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:

But if he was as arrogant as people make out, he wouldn't admit a failing on his part would he? :wink:

I actually don't mind the whole rap thing, what else was he going to do while injured? He could reign it back a bit now, but so long as it doesn't interfere with his football I don't care. As for the Dench suff, well I'm guilty of having a couple Dench T-shirts (Actually a great convo starter when on the piss I find). Again, as long as it doesn;t interfere with the football, it's all good. Actually, it's Dench. 8)

Anyway, back to Eisfeld. I;d much rather see him start than Ramsey. Ramsey's had his chance and failed, give someone else the chance.
Doesn't really admit a failing on his part, basically said he's not quite match fit again yet in his opinion. In fact he does say "when I come back into the team..." as if he was a mainstay until his injury. I posted it from the point of view that it was strange to see him thrown in when he clearly thought he wasn't fit, although I guess it was only League Cup. Also because this was obviously a mitigating factor in his shocker, although tbh his attitude stank too.

It's not the things he's involved in per se, it's the nature of his involvement that irks me. He lives a life of immense privilege and clearly thinks he can fuck around with what he likes because AFC will still pay him a huge wage regardless of being injured. He's not involved because he's passionate about those things, it's because he's trying to create this persona of himself and it's making him look like a mug.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The criticism of Frimpong's off field activities comes from fans who are worried he is going to waste a golden opportunity by spending too much time on things that are not his bread and butter.

It is quite common for American Basketball stars to make entire Hip Hop albums, my perception is that very few people mind because they focus on their sport first and the albums are an off-season side show.
Frimpong does work with the Ghanaian community in London, and I guess he has done a fair bit of charity stuff too as well as profiling with his cousin.
But,
Frimpong has achieved next to nothing on the pitch, and until he does so he runs the risk of ending up another Jay Emmanuel-Thomas or Henri Lansbury, legends in their own world on Twitter but not the football mega-stars that they and only they perceive themselves to be.

At his age he has to make a choice, is it to be Match of the Day or Strictly Come Denching?

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

T. E

Not

E . F

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote: At his age he has to make a choice, is it to be Match of the Day or Strictly Come Denching?
strictly come denching?! - you'll be giving him ideas, Quartz! :banghead: :lol: