RVP Saturday sing song

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

To slag off or not to slag off that is the question

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Gunner give it full barrels and sing that *word censored* to death
62%
Just say no song
No votes
Just say nothing
6%
Sing for the lads and ignore the new Manc darling
18%
Give RVP a warm round of applause
14%

Total votes: 50

olgitgooner

Re: RVP Saturday sing song

Post by olgitgooner »

Our away support at OT is always fantastic to hear on the telly.

Give RVP as much shit as possible lads. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

MutleyGooner wrote:Would be nice if little Jack starts and takes him out in the first few minutes, nothing too serious but a tackle at neck height would be appreciated :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :high5: 8)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Paul Smith wrote: So when he plays for us, he's not a rapist - but when he don't, he is? Song's a load of bollox and makes us look fucking divvy imo.
Agree with this. There's not many football chants that "wind me up" as it were but this is one of them. Not a fan.

Also I've just seen someone on twitter propose the "you're just a Dutch Jimmy Saville" chant :? Really?! Come on. You can't get on your high horse at Stoke for booing Ramsey or plastic mancs for calling Wenger a paedo and then endorse this kinda bollocks.

I hope he gets a load of shit but songs about rape/paedophilia? Not cool in my book.

wicklowgooner

Post by wicklowgooner »

Paddy Power offer 6/4 on a tackle on Judas is yellow card and 66/1 is red card.

I have not posted here in a while but "You know what you are, Judas you know what you are" Call me crazy but win is 4/1 and almost a year ago we were 9/2 to beat the chavs away and I backed that :barscarf: :barscarf:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Manu to win 6-1 is 125-1, that would be safer bet :wink:

Mike1
Site Admin

Post by Mike1 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Paul Smith wrote: So when he plays for us, he's not a rapist - but when he don't, he is? Song's a load of bollox and makes us look fucking divvy imo.
Agree with this. There's not many football chants that "wind me up" as it were but this is one of them. Not a fan.

Also I've just seen someone on twitter propose the "you're just a Dutch Jimmy Saville" chant :? Really?! Come on. You can't get on your high horse at Stoke for booing Ramsey or plastic mancs for calling Wenger a paedo and then endorse this kinda bollocks.

I hope he gets a load of shit but songs about rape/paedophilia? Not cool in my book.
Completely agree with these sentiments. I'm surprised at how many Arsenal fans are trying to justify the "She Said No" song. It's just wrong. I know Arsene is not popular with a lot of you, but if he left, would you sing the "sit down you paedophile" song at him? Maybe some of you would and don't have a problem with other fans singing it now, but I'd like to think as Arsenal fans we're better than that.

"Remember who we are and who we represent." It's not just the players that line applies to. In fact if anything it applies to the fans more than the players because we're the only ones who stick around.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Whatever bout calling him a judas piece of shit the fact people want to call him a rapist is a bit much,you just lower yourself to the level of scum and chav supporters by chanting stuff like tht.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah, just call him a Treacherous *word censored* with Balsawood Knees and Glass Ankles. :banghead:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Whatever bout calling him a judas piece of shit the fact people want to call him a rapist is a bit much,you just lower yourself to the level of scum and chav supporters by chanting stuff like tht.
Spot on....call him a c@@@, a w@@@@@ but don't descend to vile levels...Saville case should be enough to bring home how tragic that stuff is. Yes,give him dogs abuse but don't cross the line...we are better than that i hope

:barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Anything directed at RvP will probably get shouted down, but it will also spur him on to try that bit harder imo.
The singing by our supporters last year was the only positive and I fully expect the same again today. I shall lose my voice again, and I'm watching in the comfort of my lounge, (as usual).

I am sick to my stomach each time Le Prof kops the abuse at Old Shatford and would feel ashamed that RvP would get that song sung for him.

That said, who am I to tell anyone what they can sing/chant?

Personally, I think that positive support for our team rather than negative for one player on their team wins all day.

Now, go and enjoy our 3-2 victory today.

:barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nasri justified his (money grabbing ) exit from Arsenal by pointing to abuse from Gooners, Adebuyme done the same..It would be nice to be the collective bigger person today. I think Van P€r$i€ deserves abuse today but it's a fine line.

Post by 1989 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Whatever bout calling him a judas piece of shit the fact people want to call him a rapist is a bit much,you just lower yourself to the level of scum and chav supporters by chanting stuff like tht.
Guarantee you will hear that chant at least a few times today and very loud at that.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

1989 wrote:
Guarantee you will hear that chant at least a few times today and very loud at that.
Already happening apparently