Spuds game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Spuds game

Post by northbank123 »

Key battle in this game is Bale v Sagna. If we keep Bale quiet it'll completely cut off the supply line, they really struggle to create without him

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

AvB should play him on the right...

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

highburyJD wrote:AvB should play him on the right...

If Gibbs is not back, which is more then likely because he's a permacrock, it's only logical to push our left side till it breaks.

So we rely on Gibbs fitness, great plan Wenger.

gavbacon

Post by gavbacon »

I'm going, and it's going to be great! We're gonna win 4.2, Wenger isn't going to play Ramsey in the wing, Vermalen will get his form back and we're gonna sing the spuds out of the ground!

You heard it here first...

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

jamjc64 wrote:Just to make you all happy. we have Howard Webb as the prick in the middle :banghead:
i'll say this with my tin hat on, but from all the tossers i'd say howard webb strikes as me one of the least incompent :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Why are so many people talking Spurs up? They're one point ahead of us for fuck's sake, we've both played City and United away and Chelsea at home, the only theoretically tough games other than that are Mousers and Stoke away for us and Barcodes away for them so nothing in it really. They've also been fucking dismal in Europe and LC (with full sides in both).

They play a similarly negative formation with one up top and what they have over us out wide with Bale and Lennon they really lack in CM (Tom Twentystone will start ffs), especially with no Dembele. They're not quite as bad defensively but have only kept one clean sheet and have conceded 5 more than us. The main difference is Friedel is having a great season and our keepers have been turd.

We might be playing shite but fucking hell Spurs are hardly setting the PL alight, we're more than capable of beating them without some divine miracle. Even if I won't relax until we're 5 goals ahead.
spot on

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

northbank123 wrote:Key battle in this game is Bale v Sagna. If we keep Bale quiet it'll completely cut off the supply line, they really struggle to create without him
What was Fulham's supply line? :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

donaldo wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Key battle in this game is Bale v Sagna. If we keep Bale quiet it'll completely cut off the supply line, they really struggle to create without him

Us. :(

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Tets and Rambo were their supply line

never seen Arteta play for us so badly
don't care if I never see Rambo play for us again

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

donaldo wrote:
Fulham were !!! because they looked up at 0-2 down and realised "we can do what we fucking like here"

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Must do the spuds

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

I have a bad feeling about this.

I think we´ll lose 2-3 after a 2-0 lead... :cry:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

This is the longest week ever. What I'd give for a crappy Milk Cup game tonight to have something to take my mind off Saturday for a few minutes.

After the Fulham game is anyone else having nightmares of 2010? :twisted:

Have to beat the vermin on Saturday :twisted:

:barscarf:

burns718

Post by burns718 »

3-3

Herd

Post by Herd »

I love and hate this game,cant sleep for days before hand ,feel physically sick on the actual day,cant eat properly cant drink either have butterflies in my stomach and enough adrenaline pumping to win the Tour de France .
Afterwards I feel utterly exhausted drained completely .
Beating them is the only thing I care about and I cannot contemplate a loss .
If we do lose then I sulk badly,refusing to look at the TV or newspapers ,snubbing family and friends however my work productivity goes through the roof as I need to find ways of not thinking about it .