Wenger Out Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A dallying Gus Caesar

Re: Wenger Out Banner

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

Well done to those lads for bringing out the banner last night. By doing so they proved they are not fickle.

Regarding last night's win, one swallow does not make a Summer.

markyp

Post by markyp »

brilliant guys for getting the banner aired at last!!what i found really sad though after listening to that five live link is the fact that chappers couldnt see why it was out,he says something along the lines of 'arsenal are now fith in the table after a 5-2 victory ' .this shows where we now stand in peoples perception of us a football force that we should be happy with 5th place!!ffs this is Arsenal not shitty little fulham,west ham etc etc,we want to be challenging for the title not also rans where finishing in the top four is a fucking trophy that we should be grateful for.we need changes quick,we are no longer a threat to the top 3 in other peoples eyes,sad very sad :(

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

markyp wrote:brilliant guys for getting the banner aired at last!!what i found really sad though after listening to that five live link is the fact that chappers couldnt see why it was out,he says something along the lines of 'arsenal are now fith in the table after a 5-2 victory ' .this shows where we now stand in peoples perception of us a football force that we should be happy with 5th place!!ffs this is Arsenal not shitty little fulham,west ham etc etc,we want to be challenging for the title not also rans where finishing in the top four is a fucking trophy that we should be grateful for.we need changes quick,we are no longer a threat to the top 3 in other peoples eyes,sad very sad :(
Good point.

Post by 1989 »

Herd wrote:Walking up to the swamp with a "Spurs Boss caught Kerb Crawling T shirt on " sitting in the swamp lower tier amongst them whilst floating blow up dolls across the pitch takes some cheek !
Standing in Radplussen Square with 3000 Turks trying to stab you takes a wee bit of Bottle !
Smashing the ice cream firm from Plaistow to the Bowlyne ,that takes nerve !
Sticking a banner up at Reading after 95 percent of the paying public have fucked off hardly qualifies for
a bravery award does it .
Chippy keep petitioning ,u might make 500 by Christmas !
Fuck, you're so hard. I'm so jealous of how hard you are.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
Excellent. More of that hopefully over the coming weeks. Well done again to all involved.
Cheers mate! Good to see you yesterday. As you saw, the vast majority of people actually coming up to us were shaking our hands and offering congratulations. :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SWLGooner wrote:
ThomasMitchell wrote:
Excellent. More of that hopefully over the coming weeks. Well done again to all involved.
Cheers mate! Good to see you yesterday. As you saw, the vast majority of people actually coming up to us were shaking our hands and offering congratulations. :barscarf:
Any aggro at all?

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Herd wrote:Walking up to the swamp with a "Spurs Boss caught Kerb Crawling T shirt on " sitting in the swamp lower tier amongst them whilst floating blow up dolls across the pitch takes some cheek !
Standing in Radplussen Square with 3000 Turks trying to stab you takes a wee bit of Bottle !
Sticking a banner up at Reading after 95 percent of the paying public have fucked off hardly qualifies for
Are you saying you did all of these things?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
you had to ask, didn't you... :cussing: :blah: :lol:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

g88ner wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
ThomasMitchell wrote:
Any aggro at all?
None. Two lads we know moaning but they know us well enough to accept our opinions. Plenty of people giving it the hard man act over Twitter but nobody who's actually going to front up and cause trouble.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

g88ner wrote:
ThomasMitchell wrote:
you had to ask, didn't you... :cussing: :blah: :lol:
Oops, sorry! :oops:

Post by 1989 »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
Careful mate, you don't wanna question him. He's gonna come and get ya, 'ard as fucking nails he is.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

I know there is a big difference between being Ante Kroenke and pro Usmanov and although known as pro Usma I might not even care if in the end they both sell out to a 3rd party but I still believe the cancer eating away at Arsenal Plc is being majority owned by SK and all efforts and campaigns should be focused on that and not AW.

Bad signings and decisions all been flogged to death but seen little praise for example in signing of Santa Caz,just reminders of the errors.

Our erratic performances and form will continue and will always undermine the credibility of an ante Wenger protest but the only true test of Wenger in the future is if we had a change of ownership and he was offered a war chest and refused it- until then it is all cloudy and we are living in the wilderness not knowing who and what to blame as to whether he has true money to spend or will not spend it.

Like any business, new owners would sit down with the management and explain their vision and strategy and expect the management to embrace it.If that happened and he said no thanks wont spend then he would go , but if he went out and spent large but hopefully wise then perhaps we would know the truth but not until then.

The big shift in press and media generally in the space of 4 days from Thursday to Sunday and the attack on Stuart Robson (verbally) from the likes of Bob Wilson shows that the general strength of the ante Wenger campaign I believe will be very hard to mobilise and will be solely dependant on results.

An attack on SK and the general lack of strategy, direction , passion , involvement , attendance,communication,investment,board experience, chairman and generally not being suitable to carry Arsenal plc forward for the next 25 years would be far more productive.

I am not saying it means Usmanov is the alternative for those that are ante (and agree that many will never support him and that we have to see his detailed manifesto and plans before many will back him as the next owner )....
BUT what is clear to me is that SK is not right and never will be

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

georgeknows89 wrote:I know there is a big difference between being Ante Kroenke and pro Usmanov and although known as pro Usma I might not even care if in the end they both sell out to a 3rd party but I still believe the cancer eating away at Arsenal Plc is being majority owned by SK and all efforts and campaigns should be focused on that and not AW.

Bad signings and decisions all been flogged to death but seen little praise for example in signing of Santa Caz,just reminders of the errors.

Our erratic performances and form will continue and will always undermine the credibility of an ante Wenger protest but the only true test of Wenger in the future is if we had a change of ownership and he was offered a war chest and refused it- until then it is all cloudy and we are living in the wilderness not knowing who and what to blame as to whether he has true money to spend or will not spend it.

Like any business, new owners would sit down with the management and explain their vision and strategy and expect the management to embrace it.If that happened and he said no thanks wont spend then he would go , but if he went out and spent large but hopefully wise then perhaps we would know the truth but not until then.

The big shift in press and media generally in the space of 4 days from Thursday to Sunday and the attack on Stuart Robson (verbally) from the likes of Bob Wilson shows that the general strength of the ante Wenger campaign I believe will be very hard to mobilise and will be solely dependant on results.

An attack on SK and the general lack of strategy, direction , passion , involvement , attendance,communication,investment,board experience, chairman and generally not being suitable to carry Arsenal plc forward for the next 25 years would be far more productive.

I am not saying it means Usmanov is the alternative for those that are ante (and agree that many will never support him and that we have to see his detailed manifesto and plans before many will back him as the next owner )....
BUT what is clear to me is that SK is not right and never will be
It's got to the point where the issues are becoming more and more distinct. Clubs whose footballing expenditure has been a fraction of ours year on year have won trophies and are now competing on the same level as us. Cazorla was a great signing but a better manager would get more out of him by not being so predictable and allowing the opposition to set up to nullify him, and I have to question that given that he was available at the same price last year why didn't we sign him then? A season of him with RvP instead of playing Ramsey there would have been interesting.

In Kroenke's ownership and Wenger's management we have 2 checks on our ambition.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Agreed , but the point I am making is that if you focus on getting rid of Kroenke then you are more likely to get rid of Wenger but just pressurising for Wenger to go is unlikely under SK ownership and IG in his role as all is a cosy triangle for them all so the root of the problem has to be focused on SK and then the rest is more likely to happen

Old Rosie

Post by Old Rosie »

Sod the Usmanov/Kroenke debate.

The most alarming thing on this thread is how people cannot separate supporting Arsenal and supporting Wenger!

Glad the banner went up..................trust me the media will grab hold of this and Patrick Barclay is probably shitting a kitten now!

8)