Goodbye Sagna

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Goodbye Sagna

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Chippy wrote:AW this morning
Wenger on Sagna: 'I don't understand the speculation. He has one and a half years on his contract and we are in positive negotiations'
What Wenger didn't say was who the negotiations are with...Inter Milan perhaps.
no it's Juventus.....PV4 put them in touch when he knew wenker was looking to make some more profit for silent stan by selling one of our best players... :evil: :twisted: :banghead: :cussing: :censored:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would anybody actually blame Sagna for rejecting this derisory offer?

No doubt AKBs will be out in force about how it's a huge amount of money and how Sagna is greedy and ungrateful given his injuries last season.

What will be interesting is if Feo goes seeing as he tends to be a fans' favourite amongst Wenger-lovers, no doubt we'll also hear a change in tact from them lot too about how he is also greedy and ungrateful and actually not that good despite all the spunked trousers at the Wengerdome whenever he performs.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Typical Wenger contract negotiations.

That is all.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

northbank123 wrote:Would anybody actually blame Sagna for rejecting this derisory offer?
Most certainly not. :banghead: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

TeeCee wrote:
Sagna is quality and Arsenal are heading for self destruct
Heading for? Mate, it started at least 6 years ago!!

Why are people surprised? It was obvious Sagna was going to be one of the two big names out the door this season. It's called asset stripping and when the job is done, Uncle Arsene will walk away and leave Arsenal in a place where it will take 5 years to recover at least and he'll pick up a big fat bonus from Ivan the Terrible and Silent Stan the Assassin for making bigger profits whilst cutting the wage bill.
Sagna out, Debuchy in, it's going to happen.
I think it will get worse. I dont see any Champ League football next season it was only Van Persie that gave us that gift last year. I dont see top players wanting to come to this club. I see Mourinho going to United and making them successful while Chelsea and City will battle for the other top players and Trophies.
In a sentence its all over for us for quite and while with or without a new manager.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Sagna is quality and Arsenal are heading for self destruct
Heading for? Mate, it started at least 6 years ago!!

Why are people surprised? It was obvious Sagna was going to be one of the two big names out the door this season. It's called asset stripping and when the job is done, Uncle Arsene will walk away and leave Arsenal in a place where it will take 5 years to recover at least and he'll pick up a big fat bonus from Ivan the Terrible and Silent Stan the Assassin for making bigger profits whilst cutting the wage bill.
Sagna out, Debuchy in, it's going to happen.
I think it will get worse. I dont see any Champ League football next season it was only Van Persie that gave us that gift last year. I dont see top players wanting to come to this club. I see Mourinho going to United and making them successful while Chelsea and City will battle for the other top players and Trophies.
In a sentence its all over for us for quite a while with or without a new manager.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Judging by his last few performances, my guess is Bac is off to PSG in the Summer & who can blame him after getting such an insulting offer :banghead:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Maybe if he'd learnt how to cross a ball in the last seven years, the offer wouldn't have been so insulting.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Agreed, possibly the worst crosser in the premier league. Decent defender though (2nd goal was his fault against Swansea). Fact is, Wenger sees hom as another cash cow, he wants to raise money to earn his bonus and Sagna is one of the last few saleable assets. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He is one of the best defenders at that position in the league ,he isn't a great crosser but then again ,when do we ever get men into the box for him to cross to 'cos 90 times out of a hundred times we have 1 person in there who is double covered ,2/3 times there may be 2 and the rest of the times there is no one !

Sagna should now be sold as he viably no longer cares !

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Poor crossing is endemic of the whole Arsenal side and I believe that comes down to a lack of focus on it in training. It's not just a coincidence that Ferguson's United are absolutely wicked crossers of the ball.

Sagna is an athlete, is capable of leading by example on the pitch, and would easily improve this area of the game with enough focus on it.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

I really don't understand how some of you can think he is the best right back in the works, not even the top 3 of the PL!

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

burns718 wrote:I really don't understand how some of you can think he is the best right back in the works, not even the top 3 of the PL!
Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Sagna.

Makes it in my book, or at least did, until he came back from injury and lost the will to live after contract shenannigans.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Herd wrote:He is one of the best defenders at that position in the league ,he isn't a great crosser but then again ,when do we ever get men into the box for him to cross to 'cos 90 times out of a hundred times we have 1 person in there who is double covered ,2/3 times there may be 2 and the rest of the times there is no one !

Sagna should now be sold as he viably no longer cares !

This is spot on. How many times have we seen a ball being crossed just for 3 defenders and a keeper to sweep up? He is wasted on us. He has to learn to pass backwards, (tippy tappy) to the half way line. Not to waste possession on crossing into the pen area.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

officepest wrote:
burns718 wrote:I really don't understand how some of you can think he is the best right back in the works, not even the top 3 of the PL!
Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Sagna.

Makes it in my book, or at least did, until he came back from injury and lost the will to live after contract shenannigans.
I would have had Raphael in there myself, sagna's complete inability to cross the ball into a dangerous area, regardless of wether or not there is a team mate capable of winning the header is criminal at this level!
You may say he's a defender first, but modern full backs are secondary wingers now, and being able to cross a ball is a required skill!