Swansea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Swansea

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Herd wrote:
northbank123 wrote:They are dirty Jack bastards though. Just saying.
I rarely agree with anything you say but in this instance I fully concur !

Only one I ever liked was Hartson !
Add Dylan Thomas and you've got the complete list.

In all seriousness what they've done is phenomenal. The club was a complete mess in the late 90s and watching them ploughing around that dump of a ground in Div 3 must seem like another life to their fans.

They have a good footballing philosophy and are actually run very well sensibly. They aren't dependent on any one player or even manager, and their chairman thinks about what's right for the club and for the fans. Yes, there's a glass ceiling because they'll always be a selling club by virtue of their size but their so-called 'star players' like Allen and Sinclair have been sold for well over their value and replaced with no visible detrimental effect on their squad. At the end of the day I'd rather see clubs like Swansea coming up than teams like Stoke and Sheffield United who just want to kick lumps out of people.

Their ability does need to be put into context though. They've had some phenomenal results this year and must be in dreamland but some people (especially on here) talk about them like they're unbeatable. A lot of people think they're genuinely a far better team than us. They're still level on points with Stoke and below Liverpool and West Brom, too far off the average teams chasing top 4 to be challenging for that. They may have had a handful of players missing but when we turned up for 40 minutes last weekend we showed how good they really are: they couldn't string a few passes together or get the ball out of their half until we went 2-1 up and decided we fancy a replay.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

:-P :wink: :wink:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

northbank123 wrote:
Herd wrote:
northbank123 wrote:They are dirty Jack bastards though. Just saying.
I rarely agree with anything you say but in this instance I fully concur !

Only one I ever liked was Hartson !
Add Dylan Thomas and you've got the complete list.

In all seriousness what they've done is phenomenal. The club was a complete mess in the late 90s and watching them ploughing around that dump of a ground in Div 3 must seem like another life to their fans.

They have a good footballing philosophy and are actually run very well sensibly. They aren't dependent on any one player or even manager, and their chairman thinks about what's right for the club and for the fans. Yes, there's a glass ceiling because they'll always be a selling club by virtue of their size but their so-called 'star players' like Allen and Sinclair have been sold for well over their value and replaced with no visible detrimental effect on their squad. At the end of the day I'd rather see clubs like Swansea coming up than teams like Stoke and Sheffield United who just want to kick lumps out of people.

Their ability does need to be put into context though. They've had some phenomenal results this year and must be in dreamland but some people (especially on here) talk about them like they're unbeatable. A lot of people think they're genuinely a far better team than us. They're still level on points with Stoke and below Liverpool and West Brom, too far off the average teams chasing top 4 to be challenging for that. They may have had a handful of players missing but when we turned up for 40 minutes last weekend we showed how good they really are: they couldn't string a few passes together or get the ball out of their half until we went 2-1 up and decided we fancy a replay.

I agree, still hate them.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Michu reminds me very much of Santa Cruz, very good midtable player, but probably won't cut it at a top top club, so would suit us really well ;)

REB

Post by REB »

they will be gone in 2-3 years never to return :wink: but fair play to them now , good team with what looks like a good bunch of guys who want to play for the manager.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

REB[b] wrote:they will be gone in 2-3 years never to return [/b]:wink: but fair play to them now , good team with what looks like a good bunch of guys who want to play for the manager.

I hope not, I would take them over all the north western Fergie arse-licks that all roll over anytime whiskey nose and his team arrive in town...Wigan,Sunderland. Thank christ we at least got rid off B'burn and Bolton.

Just get rid of the rugby league team, swap them with someone new for a change, that shows Whiskey nose no respect and has a go at them.