Buy back Cesc Fabregas, or let Man Utd buy him?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: Buy back Cesc Fabregas, or let Man Utd buy him?

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote: But how can it save face frank ? If wenger goes in for him and is turned down then it will be a huge public rebuke but if he sits back and does nothing as cesc goes to manure then I think the stadium will be burnt to the ground with rioting fans 8) I would think that wenker getting knocked back would be the lesser of two evils for our c.unt in charge :roll:
Wenger's hardly going to come out and say 'Cesc doesn't want to come back to Arsenal because he doesn't see us as being ambitious' or just 'Cesc doesn't want to come to Arsenal', so if Cesc goes to ManU, it will be seen as us sitting on our hands, no doubt about it.

Could it happen? Quite possibly, but I don't see Cesc leaving Barcelona anytime soon.

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:
augie wrote: But how can it save face frank ? If wenger goes in for him and is turned down then it will be a huge public rebuke but if he sits back and does nothing as cesc goes to manure then I think the stadium will be burnt to the ground with rioting fans 8) I would think that wenker getting knocked back would be the lesser of two evils for our c.unt in charge :roll:
Wenger's hardly going to come out and say 'Cesc doesn't want to come back to Arsenal because he doesn't see us as being ambitious' or just 'Cesc doesn't want to come to Arsenal', so if Cesc goes to ManU, it will be seen as us sitting on our hands, no doubt about it.

Could it happen? Quite possibly, but I don't see Cesc leaving Barcelona anytime soon.

Cesc is no fool.....if he see's barca willing to accept transfer bids for him then he will know that he isnt viewed as an important player to them and he will fcuk off out of there at the first opportunity and I am sure we would all do the same in that position. This situation will come down to one issue....are barca willing to sell him and I suspect that they are and if so we as a club are going to be jammed up like never before - as I previously said, bid and get knocked back or dont bid and get lambasted by football fans everywhere (not just Gooners) for allowing your rivals to strengthen AGAIN

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

augie wrote:
franksav63 wrote:This must surely be a final slap in the face to any Wenger worshippers if Cesc goes to Man U. Even though we've got first refusal on him, the signs are we're not even going in for him, I wonder why? Could it be that he's already indicated he won't be rejoining so the club doesn't want to lose face? He saw the signs 2 years ago when he left, the the signs are still there, bigger and larger, that we're just a bunch of losers, with a rag tag mob of average players save for 1 or 2 who are slightly above average.

But how can it save face frank ? If wenger goes in for him and is turned down then it will be a huge public rebuke but if he sits back and does nothing as cesc goes to manure then I think the stadium will be burnt to the ground with rioting fans 8) I would think that wenker getting knocked back would be the lesser of two evils for our c.unt in charge :roll:
I think it would save face for himself with his cult, I disagree though, if he feigns disinterest in bidding for him I think this would appease his supporters... perhaps we should ask JD, who seems adamant that he's not going to Manure! :?

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

augie wrote:
begeegs wrote:

Cesc is no fool.....if he see's barca willing to accept transfer bids for him then he will know that he isnt viewed as an important player to them and he will fcuk off out of there at the first opportunity and I am sure we would all do the same in that position. This situation will come down to one issue....are barca willing to sell him and I suspect that they are and if so we as a club are going to be jammed up like never before - as I previously said, bid and get knocked back or dont bid and get lambasted by football fans everywhere (not just Gooners) for allowing your rivals to strengthen AGAIN

I don't think Wenger actually wants Fabregas back or sees him fitting in into his plans. He sees Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey as his midfield, so it would mean one of those losing out to accomodate Fab and i don't think Wenger will do that. If he leaves Barca i do think it'll be for United.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Quite funny that most of the AKBs love off Cesc still and continue to claim that he left us to go back to his boyhood club as opposed to leaving us because he was carrying the whole squad on his own and we were selling players left right and centre.

If anyone honestly believes Cesc would have gone back that early in his career if we were consistently challenging for top honours, they're almost as deluded as Wenger seems to be.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth to those very same AKB/Cesc lovers if United had a bid accepted, Arsenal had their buy back bid activated, and Cesc chose to go to Old Trafford.

gra001

Post by gra001 »

Why are Skysports News keep saying that if Barcelona accept the offer from Man scums then Fab wants to go there, don't think i can stomach that, Van and Fab there, what is going on, thought we had 1st option, why doesn't Venger come out and say something aaaahhhh!!!!! wants again fucking laughing stock, end up with some french player that no one has
heard from!!!!! good old Arsenal !!!!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

gra001 wrote: what is going on, thought we had 1st option
We do have first option if,

a) we're prepared to match Utd's offer
and b) if Fabregas actually wants to come to us, and to be honest why would he?

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

IF cesc goes to utd then it two fingers up at the club and more so...us fans. I'd take him back but if he ends up there, then I've lost all respect for him.

gra001

Post by gra001 »

We want him back, what a boost that will be all round!!! but yes you are right why would he want to come back as this is the shitiest team weve had for years!!!

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

worthing_gooner wrote:Quite funny that most of the AKBs love off Cesc still and continue to claim that he left us to go back to his boyhood club as opposed to leaving us because he was carrying the whole squad on his own and we were selling players left right and centre.

If anyone honestly believes Cesc would have gone back that early in his career if we were consistently challenging for top honours, they're almost as deluded as Wenger seems to be.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth to those very same AKB/Cesc lovers if United had a bid accepted, Arsenal had their buy back bid activated, and Cesc chose to go to Old Trafford.

is a Cesc lover the same as a AKB :shock:

Cesc left us because he wanted to win trophies, he went to Barcelona because they were his boyhood club. He didn't choose to go to Madrid or utd or city or whoever.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

franksav63 wrote:
augie wrote:
franksav63 wrote:This must surely be a final slap in the face to any Wenger worshippers if Cesc goes to Man U. Even though we've got first refusal on him, the signs are we're not even going in for him, I wonder why? Could it be that he's already indicated he won't be rejoining so the club doesn't want to lose face? He saw the signs 2 years ago when he left, the the signs are still there, bigger and larger, that we're just a bunch of losers, with a rag tag mob of average players save for 1 or 2 who are slightly above average.

But how can it save face frank ? If wenger goes in for him and is turned down then it will be a huge public rebuke but if he sits back and does nothing as cesc goes to manure then I think the stadium will be burnt to the ground with rioting fans 8) I would think that wenker getting knocked back would be the lesser of two evils for our c.unt in charge :roll:
I think it would save face for himself with his cult, I disagree though, if he feigns disinterest in bidding for him I think this would appease his supporters... perhaps we should ask JD, who seems adamant that he's not going to Manure! :?
He won't go to ManUre. He's a Gooner.
BTW disagree with Franks "we all would" statement.
I know people in various jobs who have turned down big money through loyalty, or a desire not to move.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

highburyJD wrote:He won't go to ManUre. He's a Gooner.
Mate, come on. He's a good player who has an affection for our club. He's not one of us though, very few players are or have ever been. Footballing-wise he'd be stupid to come back to us, i'm sure he can see that. We're in worse shape than than we were when he left, RvP has gone up north and won the league, Cesc has gotta see that and think he wants a piece. If he could look at us and see that ok maybe we're trying to put things right, show some ambition and start challenging again, then perhaps I could entertain the thought that he might come back. But this summer ain't gonna fill him with much confidence is it? He must be looking at us and thinking "oh, more of the same shit then."

We're not an attractive proposition for the world's best players anymore. We don't offer the ambition, trophies or wages that Utd/City/Chelsea do. I would like to see him back in an Arsenal shirt because he's a great player but I would be very surprised and shocked if it happened, it's simply not the best option for him.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

It's unlikely United would be pursuing Cesc as they are without any sort of indication from Cesc or his agent that he would be happy to join them, specially knowing that we have a buy back clause. However I don't think the whores will be willing sell him unless Cesc himself hands over a transfer request. He will probably stay in Barca for one more season and then assess his options.

I doubt that our players see us as a direct rival to United anyways that a move to them would be seen as an act of betrayal. They don't tend to dwell on history like we fans do.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:He won't go to ManUre. He's a Gooner.
Mate, come on. He's a good player who has an affection for our club. He's not one of us though, very few players are or have ever been. Footballing-wise he'd be stupid to come back to us, i'm sure he can see that. We're in worse shape than than we were when he left, RvP has gone up north and won the league, Cesc has gotta see that and think he wants a piece. If he could look at us and see that ok maybe we're trying to put things right, show some ambition and start challenging again, then perhaps I could entertain the thought that he might come back. But this summer ain't gonna fill him with much confidence is it? He must be looking at us and thinking "oh, more of the same shit then."

We're not an attractive proposition for the world's best players anymore. We don't offer the ambition, trophies or wages that Utd/City/Chelsea do. I would like to see him back in an Arsenal shirt because he's a great player but I would be very surprised and shocked if it happened, it's simply not the best option for him.
Exactly - if "No 1 Arsenal fan" RvP can do it so can Cesc, especially as he wouldn't actually be joining them directly from us. He has been surrounded by players of the highest calibre this past couple of years both for club and country winning everything in sight. I can't the 4th place trophy becoming an attractive proposition any time soon when you've won the World Cup.

It is possible for someone to still love a club and join another. Wrighty still talks about how much it hurt him when the Palace fans used to give him shit and maintained that he always loved the club......but he could hardly turn a move from them to us could he ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

For whose benefit have United leaked two bids and made a massive deal both with the media and via Moyes about their chief exec returning to deal with transfers? The fans. This is just a publicity ploy to placate the restless fans who are feckin nervous about how they'll start under Moyes and worried about the changes at Citeh and Chelsea.

I don't think they believe they can really sign Fabregas - especially not at that price, it's crazy (even though I've actually seen a number of people on BBC forum claiming that £30m is far too steep for him). But it will keep their moronic fans busy until they sign Fellaini. The old unrealistic bid and subsequent excuse to the fans that so-and-so wasn't available is straight out of Arsene's transfer tactics booklet.