Bendtner; The Leg-end

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: The "Nicklas Bendtner progress" thread

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
1989 wrote:Bendtner acting the greedy *word censored* is believable though. :-P

100% agree with you there i read in 1 of the papers @ the weekend he wanted arsenal to drop their supposed asking price of 6.5m but hes not willing to drop his wages
I don't doubt that we'll let him go for next to nothing. The transfer fee isn't scuppering a deal - the wage demands do that on their own.

It would be far more beneficial financially for us to let him go for free now than to loan him out and let him go at the end of his deal having paid half his wages for 10 and a half months.

He's perfectly entitled to milk his contract (as much of a cock as that makes him) but he can't then turn round and suggest Arsenal are the only thing standing between him and greatness when he's willing to put his career on hold for years by efusing to move permanently.

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

Don't know whether been already suggested, but can't we force him 'on loan' for his final year, ie to suffer and not be in the 'shop window' for his sad future?

Suggest Grimsby, Macclesfield or Accrington - even if we pay the full wage, let the sod suffer. Surely we can demand where he goes? Greedy git! :heads:

markyp

Post by markyp »

I say with the lack of transfer activity we may as well bring him back,he'll be like a new signing :banghead:

manninger

Post by manninger »

Seen load off pictures of him on holiday...saw one today...should he not be back at club training? I mean no klub will buy a player so far behind in pre season training..and furthermore he is not gearing his value if not being In training

Herd

Post by Herd »

Couldnt agree more , he should be in the uk training with the under 21's or on his own but training he should be !
Simply dont understand why he's swanning round Copenhagen pissing it up on our expense !

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

can someone take him to the london dungeons :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Simply dont understand why he's swanning round Copenhagen pissing it up on our expense !
Because he's a cúnt? :| :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Herd wrote:Couldnt agree more , he should be in the uk training with the under 21's or on his own but training he should be !
Simply dont understand why he's swanning round Copenhagen pissing it up on our expense !
It really speaks volumes as to the culture of mediocrity and underachievement that we've fostered that a bloke who we pay a couple of million a year can mouth off about the club and go out on the piss like he does. The problem is these players shouldn't have been offered these deals in the first place but whilst they're legally entitled to see them out you have to imagine that it wouldn't be so comfortable and welcoming for them to do so at other clubs.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

"We will look to Internal Solutions"

:rubchin:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Morning,
I'm just checking the Arsenal online shop
http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/icat/kitbuilder/
and came across the shirt for Nick. Why on earth does he has the number 52 :lol: ?

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Tomáš wrote:Morning,
and came across the shirt for Nick. Why on earth does he has the number 52 :lol: ?
According to the man himself:

"Before it starts I wanted to change my squad number from 26 which I’ve obviously had for a number of seasons now. I chose to move to 52 because it’s a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season..."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... uad-number

But some say his shirt number has been inspired by his £52k salary :lol:

Tomáš

Re:

Post by Tomáš »

Red Gunner wrote:
According to the man himself:

"Before it starts I wanted to change my squad number from 26 which I’ve obviously had for a number of seasons now. I chose to move to 52 because it’s a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season..."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... uad-number

But some say his shirt number has been inspired by his £52k salary :lol:
Well, thanks :-P could it be that 52 is just the double of 26 :mrgreen: ? and Nick thought then he has double luck or so :lol: !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Might saftm start a new 'Vito Mannone, clearly the best goalkeeper in the world' thread? I'm sure he will appreciate his exquisite handling and dominance under the high ball.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

GranadaJoe wrote:Might saftm start a new 'Vito Mannone, clearly the best goalkeeper in the world' thread? I'm sure he will appreciate his exquisite handling and dominance under the high ball.
I think watching Don Vito for any length of time will drive him to drink.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

also his great mate Adebayor when at the Arsenal wore the number 25 shirt, so maybe Nik thought i'd wear 52 just so it is a mirror effect of my pal Ade,

also for what he is, Adebayor what a good judge of character, came on as a sub and said to our Nik "I've only come on, because your shit". Addy knew, i'm telling ya Addy Knew :D :D