SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerball

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by Wengerball »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Ozil.html

Arsenal confirmed the re-signing of midfielder Mathieu Flamini on a free transfer and have also been offered former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou

The solution to all our striking problems- SteveO might need an extra box of tissues if this happens :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:According to The Express: Gazidis flew to Monaco today for the draw but never made into the auditorium as had urgent business to deal with.
11:36pm - 29 Aug 13
Yes, he got to the car park and tried to re-negotiate the fee as he thought it was overvalued. He then went elsewhere to look for a cheaper car park and ended up in Strasbourg.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wenger has a problem in that he only played Poldi against Fulham and Fernebache to put him in the shop window as there are 2 German clubs after him but Arsenal are trying to squeeze 15 million for him which had the currants baulking .
The Poldi sale would have allowed Wenger to spend a bit more than 4 pence on the open market .
His injury which will probably not see him return to action this year has scuppered this possibility.
Thus I do not expect to sign more than 1 player of any quality but perhaps another 1 or 2 injury prone or untested Africans before the window closes.

He starts a negotiation
He can even finish it
Hes talking a lot
But hes not paying much
Gazidis nothing to say
His lips are sealed
Say nothing once why say it again ?
Arsene Wenger Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa cuk all in signings
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away

Post by 1989 »

With Flamini in the team, say goodbye to getting bullied in midfield! :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:With Flamini in the team, say goodbye to getting bullied in midfield! :barscarf:

Hope somebody breaks up the money grabbing wh*re in his first game back - the signing of greedy prix sums up everything that is wrong with modern day AFC and the quotes from arsole wenker since his signing has shown up the level of hypocrisy that runs right through him :evil:
I will never cheer for this mercenary :censored: even if he does the footballing world a favour and breaks john terry's 2 legs :evil: :evil: :evil: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

Look what the modern day AFC does to fans like 1989.......earlier in the transfer window he was overflowing with confidence that we were going to buy top quality, and now he is celebrating the signing of a d*ckhead that has spent the past 5 seasons getting splinters in his arse on the milan bench and is so highly rated that even though he was on a free no other club wanted him :roll: :oops: :oops:

Happy days eh :banghead: :banghead:

jaybee

Re: Flamini

Post by jaybee »

Lemme get this right?

Despite being at AC Milan for 5 seasons, his first season he was deployed pretty much at RB, but it wasn't all rosy.

But when back as a def midfielder helped them win the title 09/10.

He was out then for pretty much 2 seasons! 10/11 and 11/12 due to a serious knee injury! same ol eh?

June last year 2012, he was to leave, but Milan offer him a 1 year extension but supposedly at a massive wage reduction of £28k per week! So clearly had their doubts about a player who had hardly kicked a ball in 2 seasons!

And then comes charity case Wenger, now get this (though not seen on the club website - actual term of contract) but he's suddenly been offered a massive £40k per week and a 3 year contract! So we know better than the club he's been at for the last 5 years yeah?

fckn idiot Wenger - you really are a tssr!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:hammer: :fryingpan: :dancingbanana: :duh: :tickedoff:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:With Flamini in the team, say goodbye to getting bullied in midfield! :barscarf:

Hope somebody breaks up the money grabbing wh*re in his first game back - the signing of greedy prix sums up everything that is wrong with modern day AFC and the quotes from arsole wenker since his signing has shown up the level of hypocrisy that runs right through him :evil:
I will never cheer for this mercenary :censored: even if he does the footballing world a favour and breaks john terry's 2 legs :evil: :evil: :evil: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Don't understand how the club can put quotes from Flamini like "once a Gunner always a Gunner" and "unfinished business" on the website and think that's not a complete joke.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote::hammer: :fryingpan: :dancingbanana: :duh: :tickedoff:

Chill DB10......not worth getting frustrated about - until you learn to accept that Arsenal Football Club is dead (afc plc reigns supreme) then you will never be able to move on. Never been happier that I gave up my season tickets - it isnt that I am chilled cos of the money saved, but more due to the fact that having been put through this for so long I am now all stressed out (I think) 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:On 3rd Sept I'm sure we'll hear about the man who earns over £140k/w despite not getting near winning anything whilst the fans fork over record amounts paint us a picture of a martyr who sticks to his admirable principles through great personal sacrifice.

The man who thinks that his opinion cannot be challenged because he has 3 decades professional experience will presumably deliver his expert analysis on the world of business and predict the economic future of football as he has done so often in the past, what with his degree and 0 years of professional experience.

This will then be followed up by a lecture about how crazy the transfer fees are - from the man who received £22m for Anelka in 1999, £25m for Overmars in 2000, £24m for sulky Nasri who had given us 6 good months in 3 years and was nearly out of contract, £25m for greedy flash in the pan Adebayor, £16m for perenially overweight Toure, £15m for donkey Song and £35m for Fabregas in effect (which although we should have got more is still twice as much as we've ever spent on any player). Expects clubs to pay us these sorts of prices but then sell theirs to us for half that.

Nicely and succinctly put mate.....

now that Flamini has been persuaded to re-join our inglorious leaders failing project...I can see the week-ends headlines now:

Adebaywhore re-joins Arsenal on one year loan from scum

Arsenal sign Torres for £14million on a 3 year deal

Arsenal fail in a last ditch attempt to sign Rooney for £26million + £1

Manure come in with £20 million bid for Wilshere

QPR goalkeeper offers his services free to Arsenal but Wenker says we have enough special, special super, super, top, top quality goalkeepers

Arsenal sign Joey Barton 2 minutes before the close of the transfer window for £4million

Arsenal miss out on Cabaye deal by 20pence

Arsene wenger flies to Madrid to persuade Benzima, Ozil and Di-Maria to sign for the Gunners...But gets arrested en-route when haggling over the taxi fare.

(I REALLY would not put it past the French fool)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

afcforever wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
afcforever wrote:I still believe we will sign a couple of top class players, if we don't its beyond the joke.
Yes Rooney is coming as you have been saying all summer! :rubchin:
A txt I got a couple of weeks back, told me Rooney is coming. I have no reason not to believe the person who sent it to me.I showed it to a few mates against Villa.
I hope it happens, surely Wenger has something up his sleeve?

So Mourinho has got your mobile number!? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:On 3rd Sept I'm sure we'll hear about the man who earns over £140k/w despite not getting near winning anything whilst the fans fork over record amounts paint us a picture of a martyr who sticks to his admirable principles through great personal sacrifice.

The man who thinks that his opinion cannot be challenged because he has 3 decades professional experience will presumably deliver his expert analysis on the world of business and predict the economic future of football as he has done so often in the past, what with his degree and 0 years of professional experience.

This will then be followed up by a lecture about how crazy the transfer fees are - from the man who received £22m for Anelka in 1999, £25m for Overmars in 2000, £24m for sulky Nasri who had given us 6 good months in 3 years and was nearly out of contract, £25m for greedy flash in the pan Adebayor, £16m for perenially overweight Toure, £15m for donkey Song and £35m for Fabregas in effect (which although we should have got more is still twice as much as we've ever spent on any player). Expects clubs to pay us these sorts of prices but then sell theirs to us for half that.
Agree 100%, but the reason Wenger can pretend to be an authority on 'the right' way to do things in the transfer market, is due to the media. In every press confrence, he sprouts nonsense, which the media rarely call him out on.

The reason for that is pure and simple if anyone asks any questions not part of the (pre) agreed agenda they do not get invited back, and so lose that connection that enables them to fill a few columns of print in their chosen rag every week....ALL of those media interviews are conducted under the most stringent of measures of censorship....Anyone who dares get uppity and ask pertinent questions get's the elbow for any future interviews. That isn't stated, but it is understood. Arsenal's Media and Press people who surround wenger (and the players) are adept at spotting 'trouble and trouble makers' a mile off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

afcforever wrote:
Lee1 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
afcforever wrote:I still believe we will sign a couple of top class players, if we don't its beyond the joke.
Yes Rooney is coming as you have been saying all summer! :rubchin:
A txt I got a couple of weeks back, told me Rooney is coming. I have no reason not to believe the person who sent it to me.
I showed it to a few mates against Villa.
I hope it happens, surely Wenger has something up his sleeve?
You can't be serious......afraid you will be sadly disappointed.
Hopefully I wont be, like I said, surely Wenger has something up his sleeve.

He most certainly does! Short arm/s and long pockets :cry:

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:Look what the modern day AFC does to fans like 1989.......earlier in the transfer window he was overflowing with confidence that we were going to buy top quality, and now he is celebrating the signing of a d*ckhead that has spent the past 5 seasons getting splinters in his arse on the milan bench and is so highly rated that even though he was on a free no other club wanted him :roll: :oops: :oops:

Happy days eh :banghead: :banghead:
I'm not celebrating mate, it's just a joke. :wink:

This is the most underwhelming signing ever. Fuck Wenger.