Prem league fixtures Sept28-30/Champs League Match day 2

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Premier league fixtures Sept28-30

Post by mcdowell42 »

Everton giving newcastle a bit of a pasting 3-0 ,the loan of the season so far lukako has scored 2 and has an assist in the other goal scored by barkley.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

mcdowell42 wrote:Everton giving newcastle a bit of a pasting 3-0 ,the loan of the season so far lukako has scored 2 and has an assist in the other goal scored by barkley.
Very surprised by Everton, thought Martinez would be out of his depth but they're doing well. I reckon the Twatish One has dropped a bollock by letting Lukaku go on loan again.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

mcdowell42 wrote:Everton giving newcastle a bit of a pasting 3-0 ,the loan of the season so far lukako has scored 2 and has an assist in the other goal scored by barkley.
Newcastle played a Martinez team perfectly in the 1st half, gave them time on the ball and let them play out from the back, now they're harrying them chasing everything down. They will get done on the counter though because Lukaku looks in the mood for a hat trick.

The not-so-happy one's decision to shaft us by keeping Ba and sending Lukaku on loan looks so inspired now :oops: :roll:

Can the get him back in January ?

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

It'll be interesting to see how Everton cope with Shutty on Saturday lunchtime, they play such a high line that if they concede first, they could get opened up more easily than a aging hooker.

The game should be safe, Everton are 3-1 up and yet still run the risk of being done on the counter. they should be putting a foot on the ball slowing the game down and buying cheap fouls to suck the life out of Toon's revival.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Dowd you useless tw*t, that was deliberate handball, why is Barry still on the field, should be a 2nd yellow. :evil:

1st half Toon show you how Not to play a Martinez team, 2nd half they show exactly how to play them

3(Lukaku 2,Barkley)-2(Cabaye,Remy) Game on

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

3-2 remy

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

can anyone eplain why WBA and Manure wore their first team strips yet we have our yellow and blue when away at WBA :?:

Its not like theres much similarity to blue and white stripes for our first team strip :?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Theoperator wrote:can anyone eplain why WBA and Manure wore their first team strips yet we have our yellow and blue when away at WBA :?:

Its not like theres much similarity to blue and white stripes for our first team strip :?
Probably because it's the first away kit in about 10 years that doesn't cause bleeding from the eyes, so we're milking it. 8)

Post by 1989 »

Lukaku is a beast.

topgoon

Re: Prem league fixtures Sept28-30/Champs League Match day 2

Post by topgoon »

Shitty 0-1 Bayern

Howler from Shitty...well from Hart, not the best start.

Our u19s 1-0 up against Napoli u19s at Borehamwood tonight. Akpom penalty.

2-0 for our u19s, Lipman 50thmin, as I type, they score again, Lipmann again 3-0 53rdmin :shock: :barscarf:
Last edited by topgoon on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Joe Hart doing his best to repeat his antics of 2011/12 where he cost Citeh any chance of getting through the groups with a string of massive mistakes.

I just think the guy lacks concentration - the number of mistakes he makes with relatively straightforward long shots (whether it be flapping, poor handling or pushing them straight back out) has always been too high for somebody of his ability and I just wonder if he switches off a bit when somebody pulls the trigger from far out.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

northbank123 wrote:Joe Hart doing his best to repeat his antics of 2011/12 where he cost Citeh any chance of getting through the groups with a string of massive mistakes.

I just think the guy lacks concentration - the number of mistakes he makes with relatively straightforward long shots (whether it be flapping, poor handling or pushing them straight back out) has always been too high for somebody of his ability and I just wonder if he switches off a bit when somebody pulls the trigger from far out.
I actually think Foster is a pretty good keeper and if he wasn't injured a lot, Hart's mistakes might have seen him ousted. Fraser Forster looked good last night but haven't seen him under pressure from crosses in the box so don't know if he's another Dracula goalie.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Napoli get a goal back 3-1 :( , 5mins after Akpom misses a 2nd penalty

Akpom makes up for his pen miss by putting the game beyond Napoli 4-1 :barscarf:

And thus it ended 4-1, 100% record in the group 3pts clear of the rest and a +6gd :barscarf:
Last edited by topgoon on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

topgoon wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Joe Hart doing his best to repeat his antics of 2011/12 where he cost Citeh any chance of getting through the groups with a string of massive mistakes.

I actually think Foster is a pretty good keeper and if he wasn't injured a lot, Hart's mistakes might have seen him ousted. Fraser Forster looked good last night but haven't seen him under pressure from crosses in the box so don't know if he's another Dracula goalie.
Have to say I don't rate Ben Foster at all - one of many many keepers that will generally be good at a small club where his camera saves may make MOTD highlights but his errors will be glossed over or completely ignored, but at United was exposed for the massive flapper he is.

If you're wanting to be a keeper at a club knocking around near the top of the table your flaws are going to get hammered. Think of de Gea the start of his United career, think of Paul Robinson when Spurs starting challenging for CL football - a keeper who had previously been very impressive was suddenly under a lot more scrutiny, and once teams identified his aerial weakness he was finished at Spurs because teams were putting crosses into the 6-yard box knowing he wouldn't come and get them and it was costing them regularly.

A lot of people will probably see this as harsh but I'd have put Jaaskelainen in the same bracket - a very good keeper for a team of Bolton's standing but for all his blinders against top opposition there would be two soft goals conceded against Fulham, Wigan etc, and I don't think his lack of aerial commanding would have stood up to scrutiny at a huge club.

Haven't seen much of Forster so can't really add anything to the media conjecture.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Muller with a cool finish to make it 2 for Bayern.

Would love to have him at Arsenal :mrgreen: