Groundhog summer transfer window thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: January transfer rumours thread

Post by arseofacrow »

Goonuz71 wrote:According to bookies ....wonga gonna splash the cash on ................................................Demba Ba ............
here we go ..................along with Joe Cole ? ? :banghead:
Ba
Cole
Kalou

are all coming.

:barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Are we in with a chance of getting Gonalons?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3011179
No, Gonalons isn't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

PatRiceKnows

Post by PatRiceKnows »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-arsenal

I feel like he has unfinished business here, a definite improvement on the backup we have, why not

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

PatRiceKnows wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-arsenal

I feel like he has unfinished business here, a definite improvement on the backup we have, why not
Why not? How about because for most of the time when he came back from injury he was paceless and too lightweight, and we let him go for good reason

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Steve0 ain't coming

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Messi is definitely 100% not coming

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

There will be one signing this month and that will be wenger and his brand spanking new fandabbydozy 8 million pound a year contract :barscarf:

He deserves every penny :wink: :lol:

Now that is news to cheer up a Monday :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

going is not coming

:barscarf:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Anouk Hoogendijk has come :barscarf: :D :wink:

markyp

Post by markyp »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Why not? How about because for most of the time when he came back from injury he was paceless and too lightweight, and we let him go for good reason
to be fair Eduardo wasn't really given much of a chance after his injury,we only saw fleeting glimpses which to be fair we poor but I keep saying it and I will say it again players need time,Ramsey is a prime example,many here would have been glad to have seen the back of him last season but look at him now,Eduardo has been playing regularly again and no doubt scoring,he knows the premier league, im sure he'd hit the ground running,id welcome him back any day :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Are we in with a chance of getting Gonalons?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3011179
No, Gonalons isn't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Hitzlsperger isn't coming. In any women, that is. :D

Too soon? :rubchin:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

to be fair Eduardo wasn't really given much of a chance after his injury,we only saw fleeting glimpses which to be fair we poor but I keep saying it and I will say it again players need time,Ramsey is a prime example,many here would have been glad to have seen the back of him last season but look at him now,Eduardo has been playing regularly again and no doubt scoring,he knows the premier league, im sure he'd hit the ground running,id welcome him back any day :barscarf:
Hmmm... not convinced Ramsey has actually proven everyone wrong... yet... he's had what exactly? A half a good season. After two years of appalling performances. Accepted he is out injured but he was reverting back to crap in his last 3 or 4 games before injury (giving the ball away cheaply, trying the stupid backheels that never work etc) and wasn't playing near the level he had reached early in the season, which was admittedly incredibly high to be fair. I hope he'll come back and hit that level again but I won't be convinced by him and I certainly won't admit I got it badly wrong with him until he puts in a whole season at that level (excluding injuries obviously).

markyp

Post by markyp »

DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

we wouldn't be sat where we are without Rambo and that is certain.if we have just seen the best of him then I will gladly take it cos his efforts alone have put us in a great position,hes been a game changer,match winner.if he goes back to being crap does it matter that much,hes done a lot this season already,alot of others wont even reach that kind of form ever.Rambos been worth his weight in gold so far
Hmmm... not convinced Ramsey has actually proven everyone wrong... yet... he's had what exactly? A half a good season. After two years of appalling performances. Accepted he is out injured but he was reverting back to crap in his last 3 or 4 games before injury (giving the ball away cheaply, trying the stupid backheels that never work etc) and wasn't playing near the level he had reached early in the season, which was admittedly incredibly high to be fair. I hope he'll come back and hit that level again but I won't be convinced by him and I certainly won't admit I got it badly wrong with him until he puts in a whole season at that level (excluding injuries obviously).

stevefox7

Post by stevefox7 »

Would love a signal of Intent from Wenger, give us a good boost with a good proven signing, maybe hard to find World Class at this time but a player looking for a big move eg. Cabaye/Michu would do just nicely!

p206ab

Post by p206ab »