Cashley, Outrage and the Police (13 Dec)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
lisa_gooner

Homophobic?

Post by lisa_gooner »

I think that the Police would be right to stop truly Homophobic chants, but football is about banter and I understand that we abuse Martin Jol's wife as a 'whore' and Posh Spice as, well, several things. In the same token we should be able to wind up C*ntley C*nt as a C*nt or a person who sticks stuff up his arse. I am gay and have campaigned for gay rights many times in the past (i.e. changes in the law about equal age of consent etc. which are now in place) I don't find this abuse of Cole offensive, just funny. I don't find the AIDS song funny, but I wouldn't sing about Cancer either.

Where are the police when the racist twats at Chelsea are shouting stuff? I really think a line should be drawn and swearing should be allowed at football matches. The banter and piss taking is what makes it fun. Otherwise we might as well all watch it in the pub - or in the Club Level bar.