THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by clockender1 »

Look at Liverpool - replaced King Kenny with Rodgers...how's that working out after two years ?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

moyes did the minimum at everton to be called a success, ie finishing 6th every season, they replace him with martinez, a young, attacking-minded manager and they'll probably achieve a similar finish playing much better football and being taken seriously by the top clubs. I see this as inspiration for replacing wenger, just as the akb's look at the man utd situation. the truly hilarious thing is, they still see wenger as the arsenal equivalent of ferguson. thats where I can't take part in a debate with them. it's still 2005 in their heads

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:SteveO wanted Moyes 18 months ago :shock: :D
I certainly did and I can't believe the guy has become a terrible manager overnight. Its been a disaster at United but in the same way AKBs defend Wenger's lack of activity as being down to 'board constraints' is it possible to lay the blame solely at Moyes's door for their ageing squad and lack of investment

I will grant that he should still have been capable of getting them above Everton and Spurs, so that has been very poor......but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns up at another club and does a decent job like he did at Everton for more than 10 years

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
I certainly did and I can't believe the guy has become a terrible manager overnight. Its been a disaster at United but in the same way AKBs defend Wenger's lack of activity as being down to 'board constraints' is it possible to lay the blame solely at Moyes's door for their ageing squad and lack of investment

I will grant that he should still have been capable of getting them above Everton and Spurs, so that has been very poor......but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns up at another club and does a decent job like he did at Everton for more than 10 years

Agree Steve O - ironic that the king of flip floppers (flash) is taking the piss out of you over previous comments :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

and to be fair, I said i'd rather have Moyes than Wenger. I still would.

I also said i'd rather have Billy Davis or Nigel Pearson. I still would.

I said in early 2013 that Wenger wasn't fit to manage a pub football team and nothing i've seen changes that.

despite a highly talented squad and a 100million in the bank, our top of the table form was shown to be a fluke based on a run of poor opposition, our CL campaign fell apart as usual, and our cup campaign is based on the success of those players not 'rested' by Wenger in favour of the failed CL and League Campaigns. again.

this team largely wins inspite of Wenger, not because of him.

how else do you explain a whole summer of training and preparation (LOLs) and activity in the transfer market, resulting in a 3-1 home loss to Villa. Villa.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

moyes hasn't become a bad manager because he took on a demotivated over performing squad with players who had egos that didn't respect him.

likewise it wasn't his fault he had a moron, rookie transfer negotiator at the same time to cock up a transfer window spectacularly.

the whole woodward thing has been grossly underplayed if they had sorted their signings out this wouldnt have happened

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Agree Steve O - ironic that the king of flip floppers (flash) is taking the piss out of you over previous comments :wink:
Yep, its all Simeone and Costa now Atletico are top of the league

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

:lol:

topcat

Post by topcat »

SydneyGooner wrote:
topcat wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
markyp wrote:had a run in with an akb this morning in my coffee shop.the blokes been a gooner since 54,he should know better.i haven't seen him since the wheels have dropped off,i said to him ' I told you Wenger has got to go' he said ' you just wont acknowledge success,youre as bad as the rest of them,and wheres your man now who you wanted to take over,Michael Laudrup,sat at home doing nothing'!!!! unfuckingbelievable,success what success,what a moron.he then bleated on about had we not lost wally,ramsey etc etc then we would have won the league,i tried to explain that these injuries are down to Wenkers ott pre season so he has brought it on himself,but again I was hitting my head on a brick wall,what is the fucking point with talking to some people,talk about Stockholm syndrome :banghead: :banghead:
I was in a forum full of these fuckers until I got booted. Looking back now it was probably the best thing that could've happened. Any longer and Image.
what forum is that mate? I want to join.
As much as I despise Wenger's laissez faire approach to squad management, I don't think managers like Rodgers, Martinez, Simeone, Klopp etc deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.
With his contract, Wenger can do what he likes. Fans have no right to ask for him to be sacked, Wenger is beyond that. The club also leaves it to Wenger to decide what he thinks is best - when he leaves, if he leaves, doesn't he want a 2 or 4 year contract etc.

Wenger can do what he likes and we fans should respect and accept that, Wenger has put in the work to earn that sort of freedom.
Refresh our memories: What kind of managerial experience do YOU have?

Have you won the League? Have you won the Cup? Have you won the Double? Have you had an unbeaten season? Have you gotten into the Champions League Final? The Semifinals? The Quarterfinals? The Round of 16? The Qualifying Rounds? Have you ever been paid a penny to manage any professional team at any level?
arsenal-mania.com :barscarf:

You're welcome.
changed my mind.

wibble

Post by wibble »

clockender1 wrote:
:shock:

Now you're just being silly!

Post by 1989 »

Used to read Arse mania in the past. Joke forum. AKB's galore.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

wibble wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
:shock:

Now you're just being silly!

they know how to play 4-4-2.

at least our talent would have a system.

Wimbledon won the FA Cup with little else.

we have a lot of very expensive talented players. its not difficult.

:rubchin:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

topcat wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
topcat wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
markyp wrote:had a run in with an akb this morning in my coffee shop.the blokes been a gooner since 54,he should know better.i haven't seen him since the wheels have dropped off,i said to him ' I told you Wenger has got to go' he said ' you just wont acknowledge success,youre as bad as the rest of them,and wheres your man now who you wanted to take over,Michael Laudrup,sat at home doing nothing'!!!! unfuckingbelievable,success what success,what a moron.he then bleated on about had we not lost wally,ramsey etc etc then we would have won the league,i tried to explain that these injuries are down to Wenkers ott pre season so he has brought it on himself,but again I was hitting my head on a brick wall,what is the fucking point with talking to some people,talk about Stockholm syndrome :banghead: :banghead:
I was in a forum full of these fuckers until I got booted. Looking back now it was probably the best thing that could've happened. Any longer and Image.
what forum is that mate? I want to join.
As much as I despise Wenger's laissez faire approach to squad management, I don't think managers like Rodgers, Martinez, Simeone, Klopp etc deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.
With his contract, Wenger can do what he likes. Fans have no right to ask for him to be sacked, Wenger is beyond that. The club also leaves it to Wenger to decide what he thinks is best - when he leaves, if he leaves, doesn't he want a 2 or 4 year contract etc.

Wenger can do what he likes and we fans should respect and accept that, Wenger has put in the work to earn that sort of freedom.
Refresh our memories: What kind of managerial experience do YOU have?

Have you won the League? Have you won the Cup? Have you won the Double? Have you had an unbeaten season? Have you gotten into the Champions League Final? The Semifinals? The Quarterfinals? The Round of 16? The Qualifying Rounds? Have you ever been paid a penny to manage any professional team at any level?
arsenal-mania.com :barscarf:

You're welcome.
changed my mind.
What made you change your mind? As one of the minority AKBs on this forum I thought those sort of posts would be music to your ears.

topcat

Post by topcat »

SydneyGooner wrote:
What made you change your mind? As one of the minority AKBs on this forum I thought those sort of posts would be music to your ears.
I've signed up to that one before, its full of mongs that don't know anything about the club.

As annoying and irritating as it gets on here with all the negativity I get the feeling that the majority are genuine old school gooners which I like 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm hearing remi garde is bieng groomed to take over !