THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by northbank123 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
armchair wrote:
afcforever wrote:Not the biggest Wenger supporter, but not really disappointed hes signed a new contract.
Just hoping we are going to spend big and buy some class players.
"I'm not an AKB but......" :lol: :barscarf:
being called an AKB carries the same embarrassment and shame as being called racist! :wink:
I'm not an AKB, I have loads of friends who hate Wenger :lol:

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

One last chance for me, if he can't sort out our boys against the big teams and actually compete in the transfer market then he can fuck right off.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Augie- just a bloody brilliant post.

The club no longer seems to even acknowledge that there were great Arsenal teams before Wenger.
Very sad.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Demun210 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Demun210 wrote:This is good news, I just hope he makes the most of these 3 years, and the resources available to him.
When he doesn't and we endure three more years of failure to mount a serious challenge for the league (one that lasts into the final three games at least) will you finally admit he has to go?
I don't buy into this idea that we've had season upon season of failure, but that's besides the point. He'll be going anyway as this in all likelihood is his last contract, but yes I'd be baffled if he didn't make the most of this supposed period where we're not as financially constrained, and could mount a better title challenge.
Please stop with the "financially constrained" bullshit. It's one of the weakest arguments there is. Arsene has pissed away literally millions in the last 9 years on bumper pay deals, pay rises and contract extensions for average and shit players, often extending their contracts and upping their wages based on nothing but average performances and long after every fucker and his cousin could see most of those players were not good enough. The money was there, he just misspent it in a vanity driven effort to produce his idea of the perfect light framed tippy tappy purist football team. And then there is the fact he had no problem accepting £7million a year whilst talking about financial constraints stopping him buying better players. :oops: :|

Diaby has (allegedly) been paid in excess of £27million from Arsenal and delivered fuck all. That is shameful. I wonder how much Bendtner robbed us of?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Demun210 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Demun210 wrote:This is good news, I just hope he makes the most of these 3 years, and the resources available to him.
When he doesn't and we endure three more years of failure to mount a serious challenge for the league (one that lasts into the final three games at least) will you finally admit he has to go?
I don't buy into this idea that we've had season upon season of failure, but that's besides the point. He'll be going anyway as this in all likelihood is his last contract, but yes I'd be baffled if he didn't make the most of this supposed period where we're not as financially constrained, and could mount a better title challenge.
Please stop with the "financially constrained" bullshit. It's one of the weakest arguments there is. Arsene has pissed away literally millions in the last 9 years on bumper pay deals, pay rises and contract extensions for average and shit players, often extending their contracts and upping their wages based on nothing but average performances and long after every fucker and his cousin could see most of those players were not good enough. The money was there, he just misspent it in a vanity driven effort to produce his idea of the perfect light framed tippy tappy purist football team. And then there is the fact he had no problem accepting £7million a year whilst talking about financial constraints stopping him buying better players. :oops: :|

Diaby has (allegedly) been paid in excess of £27million from Arsenal and delivered fuck all. That is shameful. I wonder how much Bendtner robbed off us ?
Between £18 and £22 Million :cry: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DON'T BLAME ME - IT IS ALL THAT EVIL F*CKER'S DB10'S FAULT!. He resurrected this piece of puke inducing imagery.

Yeah! - Enjoy the nightmares lads - and yes the bleach in the eye sockets does work but only after the tenth rinse!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:Question for all you c*nts that are celebrating wenkers new contract.
Are you talking to me?

:D :barscarf: :wink:

topcat

Post by topcat »

If this club dosnt acknowledge our great history and thinks that its "arsene fc" then why was a herbet chapman statue put up in 2011 and not an arsene wenger one. :?

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

topcat wrote:If this club dosnt acknowledge our great history and thinks that its "arsene fc" then why was a herbet chapman statue put up in 2011 and not an arsene wenger one. :?

:|

topcat

Post by topcat »

where the hell is that!? still got one of chapman, so our club hasnt forgot our history pre wenger.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

topcat wrote:where the hell is that!? still got one of chapman, so our club hasnt forgot our history pre wenger.

It used to be housed in the marble halls of Highbury, now I presume it's situated somewhere within the Emirates - probably in the boardroom, seeing as he's their God...

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

topcat wrote:If this club dosnt acknowledge our great history and thinks that its "arsene fc" then why was a herbet chapman statue put up in 2011 and not an arsene wenger one. :?
Im not sure its as straightforeward as what statues are where, its more the ethos thats changed, sadly a lot of the ethos is hard to statisicise- so to some it "doesnt matter", its the feeling for the club towards supporters, the Pravdarisation through the website, the inexplicable season ticket rise, the "hidden" rises in red/ silver membership, the appalling injury list, the horrible transfer windows despite the so say war chest, the humiliating defeats etc etc etc. The handling of the move to the Grove, with such initial lack of history being bought with it, other than in The Boardroom ( :oops: ) especially the way that season ticket holders were moved without seeming consideration of the relevance of knowing people around, singing etc . True some of that has been improved, but not an awful lot really.

All are what we wouldnt begin to accept a few years ago.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

ONE ARSENE WENGER.....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I wonder how Rodders celebrated at the weekend. I had a a dummy run with the BBQ - went perfectly !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Theoperator wrote:
Im not sure its as straightforeward as what statues are where, its more the ethos thats changed, sadly a lot of the ethos is hard to statisicise- so to some it "doesnt matter", its the feeling for the club towards supporters, the Pravdarisation through the website, the inexplicable season ticket rise, the "hidden" rises in red/ silver membership, the appalling injury list, the horrible transfer windows despite the so say war chest, the humiliating defeats etc etc etc. The handling of the move to the Grove, with such initial lack of history being bought with it, other than in The Boardroom ( :oops: ) especially the way that season ticket holders were moved without seeming consideration of the relevance of knowing people around, singing etc . True some of that has been improved, but not an awful lot really.

All are what we wouldnt begin to accept a few years ago.
Maybe the statue should manage the team - at least it wouldn't look like a right dick trying to do up the zip on a sleeping bag with sleeves.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:ONE ARSENE WENGER.....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I wonder how Rodders celebrated at the weekend. I had a a dummy run with the BBQ - went perfectly !
Now that's just plain cruel.