The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by northbank123 »

BFG4 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:On SSN, City have indicated they don't want Fab. It's between us and manure imo and we have the advantage of CL football.

If Wenger let's Fab go to one of our rivals, that will be horrific especially as we have first dibs and Cesc will no doubt prefer to come back to us. 20 goals and tons of assists is what you get from Fab each season, sign him up !

Balotelli would be horrific for team spirit, why the fuck should we entertain having another le sulk in the squad.
According to Guillem balague, Arsenal have already informed Fabregas that they don't want him back, and generally Balague is reliable.
:coffeespit:

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Wenger will sign some big names don't worry about that

In fact I hear that Jan Venegoor of Hesselink is on his way, and you don't get many bigger names than that
Petrus Ferdinandus Johannes van Hooijdonk waqs quite sizable :D

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes but is he any good? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:On SSN, City have indicated they don't want Fab. It's between us and manure imo and we have the advantage of CL football.

If Wenger let's Fab go to one of our rivals, that will be horrific especially as we have first dibs and Cesc will no doubt prefer to come back to us. 20 goals and tons of assists is what you get from Fab each season, sign him up !

Balotelli would be horrific for team spirit, why the fuck should we entertain having another le sulk in the squad.
Even if $hitty were interested, If ...IF...wenger wanted him - it would be us because we have first refusal...But apparently Le Prof isn't going to sign him, which is f*cking ridiculous. Get shot of Santiand bring in Cesc..Cesc, Ramsey and Ozil together - a fucking dream made in football heaven. 8) :barscarf:

topcat

Post by topcat »

We need to spend 50 million on a striker. Lets go and get a world class proven quality top notch goalscorer. Wouldnt mind if we dont even buy anyone else. I'd even trust jenks at RB personally, well maybe buy a decent cover for him then it'd be a decent transfer window in my eyes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

topcat wrote:We need to spend 50 million on a striker. Lets go and get a world class proven quality top notch goalscorer. Wouldnt mind if we dont even buy anyone else. I'd even trust jenks at RB personally, well maybe buy a decent cover for him then it'd be a decent transfer window in my eyes.
Don't personally think Jenkinson is anywhere near good enough to be starting every week and obviously need some cover at GK and also CB if Vermaelen goes.

But absolutely agree with the main sentiment - if we don't sign a quality striker we may as well not bother.

Arsenal Till I Die

northbank123 wrote:
topcat wrote:We need to spend 50 million on a striker. Lets go and get a world class proven quality top notch goalscorer. Wouldnt mind if we dont even buy anyone else. I'd even trust jenks at RB personally, well maybe buy a decent cover for him then it'd be a decent transfer window in my eyes.
Don't personally think Jenkinson is anywhere near good enough to be starting every week and obviously need some cover at GK and also CB if Vermaelen goes.

But absolutely agree with the main sentiment - if we don't sign a quality striker we may as well not bother.
I would buy CB cover regardless of Vermaelen staying.

If I'm honest I would sell Monreal as he seems to of lost all ability that he started with and use Vermaelen as LB cover. I don't trust him at CB anymore. When he starts its like we're a goal down before kick off.

I would personally go out and buy Cavanni or Falcao but that won't happen AMD I think Ballotelli is the best we could hope for.

Arsenal Till I Die

OneBardGooner wrote:Yes but is he any good? :?
No idea personally but seems to be....
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/03/ ... fender-in/

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Aurier IS coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

SteveO 35 wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Aurier IS coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Serge Aurier's agent has told RMC that they haven't agreed a deal with Arsenal, and although they were in contact, they aren't talking now.
8:29pm - 2 Jun 14

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

ATID I'd love to see Monreal go. He is useless and imo an absolute coward on the football pitch, scared of his own shadow. Absolute fucking liability and a waste of £8m, which all jokes about Wenger being tight-fisted aside is not an insubstantial amount when you're talking about back-up full-back.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

northbank123 wrote:ATID I'd love to see Monreal go. He is useless and imo an absolute coward on the football pitch, scared of his own shadow. Absolute fucking liability and a waste of £8m, which all jokes about Wenger being tight-fisted aside is not an insubstantial amount when you're talking about back-up full-back.
+1