The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TurnipMasher

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by TurnipMasher »

gunner wrote:Are we looking at balotelli .. Would he be right for us .. powerful player but lot of trouble
Was an article about it the other day, but he's a mentalist, hope we steer clear tbh.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Balotelli reminds me of an even more out of control Greedybayor.

When hes pulling his weight and can be arsed hes awesome but hes bound to be a massive disruption to the squad which has seemingly been the most harmonious weve had for a good few years.

What would happen to his Bentley as well in the streets of London :lol: :lol:

Jonny_Gooner

Post by Jonny_Gooner »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote: We have very mediocre player like Arteta that Cesc could easily replace. I can't think of any valid reason why Cesc couldn't play as a deep lying playmaker alongside defensive midfielder.
If Cesc were to play alongside a defensive midfielder we'd have to drop Ramsey - no way should/does that happen. He's developing into a world class player and is the heartbeat of the team.
He definitely is become world class, but I dont think we'd necessarily have to drop Ramsey. If we bought a good defensive midfielder we could then have any combination of Cesc/Ramsey/Jack/Ozil/Santi playing as a two in front of that player, which isn't something I'd turn my nose up at!

Not to mention Wenger himself said something along the lines of how he overplayed Ramsey last season which resulted in him being out longer over the course of the season. Therefore shouldn't we welcome a world class midfield addition that will increase our squad depth, allow us to rotate/keep players fresh, and also deal with the inevitable injury crisis half way through the season.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Jonny_Gooner wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote: We have very mediocre player like Arteta that Cesc could easily replace. I can't think of any valid reason why Cesc couldn't play as a deep lying playmaker alongside defensive midfielder.
If Cesc were to play alongside a defensive midfielder we'd have to drop Ramsey - no way should/does that happen. He's developing into a world class player and is the heartbeat of the team.
He definitely is become world class, but I dont think we'd necessarily have to drop Ramsey. If we bought a good defensive midfielder we could then have any combination of Cesc/Ramsey/Jack/Ozil/Santi playing as a two in front of that player, which isn't something I'd turn my nose up at!

Not to mention Wenger himself said something along the lines of how he overplayed Ramsey last season which resulted in him being out longer over the course of the season. Therefore shouldn't we welcome a world class midfield addition that will increase our squad depth, allow us to rotate/keep players fresh, and also deal with the inevitable injury crisis half way through the season.
Course we should, especially one who is likely to settle in rapidly as he knows the ins and outs of us and the PL all too well. Its a no brainer

But for some reason the obvious doesnt seem to happen.

(Debated on another sticky thread)

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Ed's heart will not last till end of transfer window, the window's not even open yet and you are having a coronary over rumours :(

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

topgoon wrote:Ed's heart will not last till end of transfer window, the window's not even open yet and you are having a coronary over rumours :(
What can I do, I'm always as excited about possible transfers as a teenager boy on front of the pussy the first time :D

But of course as an Arsenal fan, you should know what to except :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
topgoon wrote:Ed's heart will not last till end of transfer window, the window's not even open yet and you are having a coronary over rumours :(
What can I do, I'm always as excited about possible transfers as a teenager boy on front of the pussy the first time :D

But as that same teenager you know that first time is always a complete let down..................or was that just me... :oops:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

topgoon wrote:

But as that same teenager you know that first time is always a complete let down..................or was that just me... :oops:
I have no idea, I came way before I got even close :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Balotelli is a grade A twat, steer clear. I'm not being sanctimonious about the sort of players I want at our club - it's just for all this ability you are never going to see anything like a return on it. When he's not letting the club down on the pitch by getting sent off, being suspended or putting in one of his regular shit sulky performances, he'll be an extremely disruptive influence off it you can bet.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think you'll find it's even better if you get inside that pussy. 8) :wink:

And if you are built like SPUDMASHER or OneBardEwok you'll be able to actually literally fit inside the average vagina. Your whole body. They use them like a warm little cave. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Balotelli is a grade A twat, steer clear. I'm not being sanctimonious about the sort of players I want at our club - it's just for all this ability you are never going to see anything like a return on it. When he's not letting the club down on the pitch by getting sent off, being suspended or putting in one of his regular shit sulky performances, he'll be an extremely disruptive influence off it you can bet.
Agreed 100%. 8)

And before some proper moronic jizz monkey whines about "wah wah what about Adams drink driving, alcoholism, and prison, wah wah, what about Merse's addictions wah wah..." let me just say please do me a favour and go fuck your own arse with a lump hammer. :wink:

OR

Remember that Merse and TA6 delivered big time and gave everything on the pitch. Balotelli is the last cúnt you'd want beside you if you were backs to the wall. :x

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Diego Costa has just passed a medical at Chelsea so his £32 million move looks like it will be sorted out before the World Cup. amazing - I thought that Wenger said nothing happens in the transfer window before a World Cup. :banghead:

I wonder when our £30 million striker will be arriving? :rubchin:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Gunner Rob wrote:Diego Costa has just passed a medical at Chelsea so his £32 million move looks like it will be sorted out before the World Cup. amazing - I thought that Wenger said nothing happens in the transfer window before a World Cup. :banghead:

I wonder when our £30 million striker will be arriving? :rubchin:
How depressing....rival clubs getting the job done early......and Arsenal sitting on it hoping for the best....how depressing

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

No one will sign anyone until after the WC eh? :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We don't need major adjustments - Wenger said as much not long ago, although he will undoubtedly park that attitude again until August comes around.

All we need is to have no injuries at all, hit form for the entire season and for our opponents not to implement any of those tactics thingys against us.