Puma to make our kits

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Puma to make our kits

Post by augie »

Riotof91 wrote:Think a lot of people are going to miss nike's 'generic' shirt's pretty soon. Puma kits are awful.

Nike's kits in recent years were fcuking awful and neither them nor the club seemed to give a fcuk :x

Not in any way racist, but I am wondering if the move to puma was influenced by our connections with the various african countries - we have a large support in the continent of africa, we seem to view africa as a untapped pool for player recruitment and, rightly or wrongly, puma is viewed as THE african kit suppliers, so am wondering if there was other considerations in the deal and not just how much they paid us :rubchin:

Happysteveo

Post by Happysteveo »

The home and away kits are not fake. That blue third kit with the green pinstripe is a mockup.

I know the person who took the photos from that Puma store and someone else with a club contact showed me different pics of the same (home and away)shirts a few weeks ago.

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Happysteveo wrote:The home and away kits are not fake. That blue third kit with the green pinstripe is a mockup.

I know the person who took the photos from that Puma store and someone else with a club contact showed me different pics of the same (home and away)shirts a few weeks ago.

That blue third kit unfortunately is very much genuine. Club will have three kits every season and they will change every year as well, including the home kit.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
augie wrote:
Never liked the o2 red collarless shirt from a few years back (2003/2004 I think ?) and I would compare these puma efforts to that one :roll: Will continue to say that adidas are the best kits out there 8)
Undoubtedly, Adidas is by far and away the best sports company in existence.

Still think this Puma mock up is superior to the real thing; shames it's not authentic:

That is the type of kit I was hoping for 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If you want to save a few pounds Sports Direct have got a sale on and they've got puma training tops that are not too dissimilar from the new kit design. Buy it for £12, take the badge off an old nike top, sew it onto the new one, job done...for better effect get "fly emirates" printed on the front for a fiver...no one would know the difference... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Happysteveo

Post by Happysteveo »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I like it, better than the shit nike thrust upon us.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I am glad to be rid of Nike but the mock up in the picture is a far nicer kit.

Need to see it for real to make a final judgement all the same :|

Herd

Post by Herd »

With Nike we had ZERO input,they gave us what they wanted , I sincerely hope this has changed under the Puma deal but knowing the franchise we can never be sure .

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Herd wrote:With Nike we had ZERO input,they gave us what they wanted , I sincerely hope this has changed under the Puma deal but knowing the franchise we can never be sure .
Before each new kit is produced, I've always thought it'd be a good idea for our manufacturers to draw up a few potential designs and then let the fans vote for their favourite.

That way we'd have input and an opinion.

But hey, why should our voice matter? We're just the cu*ts who buy and wear the sh*t.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

EDIT: Full kit looks quite good. Love the socks.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Agree about the shirt, but not the socks! White with a red top, or red with a white top. Not stripes FFS! Watch out, there's a Humphrey about!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:EDIT: Full kit looks quite good. Love the socks.

Gawd with those figure hugging shirts there are going to be some horrible sights next season. :)

augie

Post by augie »

Agree chippy - like the kit and that includes the socks, but I think that you would need to be almost anorexic to look ok in those shirts :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have never had the kit since I was 12 and had to have the shirt badge sown on by my mum !