The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spendsum4uckingmoney

Re: Vindicated

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

You miserable bastards

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Talk about a vanity thread...

Four goals in pre-season and Sanogo's usurped Messi as the best in the world... :roll:

spendsum4uckingmoney

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Talk about a vanity thread...

Four goals in pre-season and Sanogo's usurped Messi as the best in the world... :roll:
Yes, I said that didnt I? :roll:

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

I will buy a cheaply made puma hat and eat it if Sanogo ends the season as a first choice striker having banged in 20 goals (and no his 4 today doesn't count!) :box:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 236687.stm

spendsum4uckingmoney

Kallstrom29 wrote:I will buy a cheaply made puma hat and eat it if Sanogo ends the season as a first choice striker having banged in 20 goals (and no his 4 today doesn't count!) :box:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 236687.stm
Batista was hardly shit though.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Like quite a few others I've scorned Sanogo, called him crap etc etc.
Today he scored 4 goals in a mickey mouse friendly. If that's what he needed to start scoring in proper games then good luck to him.

Let's see how he does in the first 10 EPL matches. I want all Arsenal players to do well.

Good luck Yaya let's hope this is the start of something good as it's been a long time coming.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Unfortunately this thread has sweet fa to do with Sanogo. :roll:

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:
He was sh*t during his tenure here; tore the CC up but did fu*k all in the league - 3 goals in 24 matches.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
He was sh*t during his tenure here; tore the CC up but did fu*k all in the league - 3 goals in 24 matches.
Also as I remember that Carling Cup game Aliadiere was the real star. He absolutely tormented Liverpool, bagged two and set up most of Baptista's.

If you can make a habit of right place, right time tap ins then great. But I think Sanogo might find he won't be able to stand on the six-yard box and pick up 3 goals a game doing that in the PL. Question yourself how many of those goals would you have converted today? Anybody saying less than 3 has real self-confidence issues :shock:

He's a lumbering oaf and he is just not going to cut it at this level. Ever. I don't give a fuck if he's 21 or 17, he is so fundamentally short in just about every area. In fact the only thing that makes anybody think he's any good is because he has inexplicably been handed a contract by a massive football club.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

northbank123 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Also as I remember that Carling Cup game Aliadiere was the real star. He absolutely tormented Liverpool, bagged two and set up most of Baptista's.

If you can make a habit of right place, right time tap ins then great. But I think Sanogo might find he won't be able to stand on the six-yard box and pick up 3 goals a game doing that in the PL. Question yourself how many of those goals would you have converted today? Anybody saying less than 3 has real self-confidence issues :shock:

He's a lumbering oaf and he is just not going to cut it at this level. Ever. I don't give a fuck if he's 21 or 17, he is so fundamentally short in just about every area. In fact the only thing that makes anybody think he's any good is because he has inexplicably been handed a contract by a massive football club.
Agree with all of this especially the last bit. He reminds of Almunia who was second division quality at best yet there was talk of him playing for England etc.... We had to endure Almunia for too many years and where is he now? Watford. Same with Sanogo. If we got rid of him his best shot of staying in the premier league would be somewhere like Burnley

OneBardGooner

Re: The Yaya Sanogo Progress Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z39GlAJOLF

Surprised - when OBG heard about it he was feckin' flabberghasted.....and then when he saw the highlights...it only confirmed what OBG already knew....That Sanogo may be a nice lad etc - But he knows dick all about football is NOT a striker of Prem quality - not even for one of the lower clubs - the four goals he scored against benfica could have been scored by OBG's 84yr old granny...Oh! and yes! he IS Physically Dyslexic....who else celebrates and falls over a blade of grass !? :roll:

:banghead:

REB

Post by REB »

Other then scoring 4 goals he was shite :mrgreen:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Notice Wenger compares him to Adebayor-that will win the fans over!!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Glad for him that he scored those goals yesterday, but he isn't Premier class. He scored one clever goal but the others were scorabale at any level. He may be a nice honest lad, but that's not enough at top level. He did sort out his feet yesterday which was a problem that really summed him up last season.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Glad for him that he scored those goals yesterday, but he isn't Premier class. He scored one clever goal but the others were scorabale at any level. He may be a nice honest lad, but that's not enough at top level. He did sort out his feet yesterday which was a problem that really summed him up last season.

I was hoping that Milan would be impressed with him and/or Campbell and it would add a few quid to their value :lol: If we are seriously expecting either to make a decent contribution to a title challenging team then we are in serious, serious trouble cos neither are good enough despite what a Mickey Mouse game tells some deluded fcukwits :roll: