The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Kallstrom29 wrote:I actually thought we were worse when he went off today. podolski isn't the answer.

Not saying Sanogo is the answer after all he is as useful as a fish on a bicycle but we have lost Bendtner so surely we need a new Wenger project. Everybody who didn't hound out the dinosaur after his FA Cup final fluke you are to blame, he should have retired a winner, not continue for 3 more years with the same old projects.

Arsene spent loads of cash on Sanchez who we now know is quality but wasn't needed. He is just another short attacking midfielder.

The only way I cope with it is by having Sanogo in my fantasy league team. After all - we know he is going to keep playing :banghead:

:barscarf:
Ludicrous comment.

Not in the slightest - a quality centre forward will make the likes of ozil, cazorla, ox etc look even better, but put le postman up front and he drags the whole team down to his level :oops:
1989, I know you have a man crush on Sanchez but the reality is that small attacking players are ten a penny at Arsenal, but we still lack a genuine top drawer centre forward and we need one to finish off the quality creative work of our short arsed attackers - if ozil was a star signing without any thought to team needs (and I think that we can all agree on that) then surely the same can be said of Sanchez regardless of his undoubtable world class talent.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think the plan was to bring in Sanchez and sell Podolski, but Giroud's injury has disrupted that plan.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Last year we needed a striker ,but we we bought another small midfielder,this year we needed a striker but we bought another small midfielder.

Last Year we played a system that didn't work against any of the better teams ,this year it isn't working against the small teams either !

Wheres Kalou when you need him ?

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

Yaya Sanogo leading our line... Is this some french *word censored* joke that non-french *word censored* don't get? Coz if it is, I aint fucking laughing..

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

To be fair, Yaya sanogo is a very inspirational figure: he provides hope to everyone all over the world that you can possess the touch of a rapist, have the grace and coordination of a lame rhinoceros, and make a football seem like an obstacle when it's at your feet all the while earning millions per annum and starting ahead of actual football players.

augie

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:I think the plan was to bring in Sanchez and sell Podolski, but Giroud's injury has disrupted that plan.

But in the 3 years that podolski has been at Arsenal he mostly plays him on the wing, so why should girouds injury have any effect on podolski's future ?

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

augie wrote:

But in the 3 years that podolski has been at Arsenal he mostly plays him on the wing, so why should girouds injury have any effect on podolski's future ?
It's a fu*king cop out of the highest order: despite the fact Wenger has said countless times that Podolski is not optimal as a striker and has almost exclusively deployed him as a LW, he'll keep Podolski and use him as an excuse for not buying a striker to replace Giroud. He'll simply say Lukas can play there even though he doesn't/can't/won't.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Podolski made Ozil look like a workaholic when he came on........dire last 15 mins or so. Was hoping he'd get out there and show There's Only One he daren't leave him out in favour of Le Postie again but barely got a sniff

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:Image
The resemblance is... uncanny... :shock:

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Yesterday was boreline painful to watch sometimes. I don't recall a more worse player to pull on an Arsenal shirt, no offence to Sanogo but he clearly shouldn't be there. But Wenger, with all his arrogance and ego won't admit this experiment has been a mistake. Every touch he took he fumbled, and that 'assist' for the Sanchez goal was after he fucked up Santi's through ball and we got lucky their keeper deflected it into Sanchez's path.

We arn't going to challenge for the title this year, and considering we could have got Falaco on loan too...

Yet somehow Podolski was even worse when he came on as well. :banghead:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

There may be a footballer in there somewhere but he needs a year in the Championship and then another with a Hull, Palace etc. He shouldn't even be in our squad, let alone the team.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

GranadaJoe wrote:There may be a footballer in there somewhere but he needs a year in the Championship and then another with a Hull, Palace etc. He shouldn't even be in our squad, let alone the team.
What are you smoking out there Joe?!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

GranadaJoe wrote:There may be a footballer in there somewhere but he needs a year in the Championship and then another with a Hull, Palace etc. He shouldn't even be in our squad, let alone the team.
This twat is never ever a footballer,I'd love to know how he has been watched by scout after scout in France and over here and they've all seen something in him......HE IS FUCKING DOGSHIT :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

augie wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I think the plan was to bring in Sanchez and sell Podolski, but Giroud's injury has disrupted that plan.

Because Wenger knows even he cannot shift Podolski when Giroud is injured.
He can call Podolski a striker even though he hardly plays there.

With Wellbeck in might see Podolski leave in January though.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Aye, there may also be a footballer somewhere in Stephen Hawking, unfortunately - just like Sanogo - we'll never see it.