THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by goonersid »

Bradywasking wrote:Banner saying;

ARSENE WE ARE JADED TOO
FATIGUED BY YOU
GO NOW
Yes just FUCK OFF

GoonerMuzz

Re: [POLL]: When should Wenger go?

Post by GoonerMuzz »

New poster, long time guest lurker, be gentle lads.

I feel he has to go now for one reason, if by a miracle things improve over the next few months and we string some results together many fans and the man himself will feel vindicated and it will be even harder to get rid of him.

I don't believe for one minute that, with the team we have, losing Wenger would put us into any sort of relegation battle, christ Fat Sam, Tony P or any other mediocre manager could keep us in this league using that mysterious thing called 'tactics'. (Not suggesting these as replacement by the way.)

The longer he stays the greater chance he pulls another miracle and turns things around and we'll be stuck with him into next season.

Do any of you honestly believe that if he stays into next season he will do anything differently?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

goonersid wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Banner saying;

ARSENE WE ARE JADED TOO
FATIGUED BY YOU
GO NOW
Yes just FUCK OFF
bit harsh on BWK Sid bit harsh mate, hes only trying to help the cause :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but was drinking my morning coffee and flicking through the sports pages in The Times and stumbled upon his belter of a quote from the press conference

"I am very positive about this team. It is one of the best I have had for a very long time. We give very few chances away. We are the team with the least shots against and the most chances created"

So there I was bemoaning the loss of the Calendar Year trophy that glistened with pride in our virtual trophy cabinet from last year, blissfully unaware that the virtual Least Chances Against And Most Chances For Trophy Aug-Nov 2014 was already in the bag !

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

2008-09

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:Sorry if it has already been mentioned but was drinking my morning coffee and flicking through the sports pages in The Times and stumbled upon his belter of a quote from the press conference

"I am very positive about this team. It is one of the best I have had for a very long time. We give very few chances away. We are the team with the least shots against and the most chances created"

So there I was bemoaning the loss of the Calendar Year trophy that glistened with pride in our virtual trophy cabinet from last year, blissfully unaware that the virtual Least Chances Against And Most Chances For Trophy Aug-Nov 2014 was already in the bag !

so basically he is saying that he is proud that we were able to conceed 2 goals to United despite them only having one shot all match :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the guy has turned into a retarded fuckwit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

apparently there have been more #Wengerout tweets than #Rodgersout as well. We lead the way on that too :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:New poster, long time guest lurker, be gentle lads.

I feel he has to go now for one reason, if by a miracle things improve over the next few months and we string some results together many fans and the man himself will feel vindicated and it will be even harder to get rid of him.

I don't believe for one minute that, with the team we have, losing Wenger would put us into any sort of relegation battle, christ Fat Sam, Tony P or any other mediocre manager could keep us in this league using that mysterious thing called 'tactics'. (Not suggesting these as replacement by the way.)

The longer he stays the greater chance he pulls another miracle and turns things around and we'll be stuck with him into next season.

Do any of you honestly believe that if he stays into next season he will do anything differently?
great first post and I think you are right.
this is probably the one and only window of opportunity in the next 3 years to get rid of him

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Give him until 2016/17 season, see what Sanchez and Ozil can do once they get going. Plus we'll sign big this summer. Also next year Sanogo's going to have his breakout season so worth waiting for.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Robin_L wrote:Give him until 2016/17 season, see what Sanchez and Ozil can do once they get going. Plus we'll sign big this summer. Also next year Sanogo's going to have his breakout season so worth waiting for.
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

At least give us your tour dates as well.

:barscarf:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Sorry if it has already been mentioned but was drinking my morning coffee and flicking through the sports pages in The Times and stumbled upon his belter of a quote from the press conference

ROFL that is fabulous! Do you remember that season the awful Bolton team got relegated with Colin Todd think it was?
He said in a presser that they didn't deserve it cos they had conceded about 6 goals from just 7 shots in a few games etc
He was mocked.

Wenker is a joke. There's always a new definition of success. When Arsenal miss out on CL the definition of success will change to "18 consecutive years of European football", this is how Europa league footie will be spun. All we need is to finish mid-table and then success will be "19 consecutive years of PL football and top-half finishes"

:lol: :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO talking to himself again :shock:

Wenger's driven him mad :cry:

ONE ARSENE WENGER, ONE ARSENE WENGER....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:I really am not sure how things are going to play out from now on.

it was a bit worrying that he came out fighting yesterday and not prepared to admit any mistakes. (not surprising of course)
if you take the view that he is unsackable it might well take until the end of what will be a long and tortuous season to force him out

I wonder at what point will the fanbase also start to take issue with the board for keeping hin in charge?
the club is rotten from top to bottom.

If the fans started chanting for klopp tonight it might change things with le cock and with the board - I think most people realise by now that the majority of Gooners want le cock replaced (even though there are differences on when that should happen), and there has been an increasing amount of booing at home games, but chanting for klopp tonight wouldnt just be against wenker but would be saying that fans would prefer the opposition manager in charge of us and that is very specific. One of the last akb bastion statements has been continually been the "who would you replace him with" and chanting for klopp would tell wenker and the board that the fans are gone beyond wanting him gone and are now suggesting people that they want in charge. Can you imagine the kick in the bollox wenker would feel if the home fans started chanting for the manager in the opposition dugout ? I honestly think that would be the greatest snub he could ever get and that is why I hope that dortmund thrash us tonight and the fans let him know how we feel 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

according to Ladbrokes Wenger has now been backed into 6-1 3rd favourite to be the next Premier league manager to leave.

(you could have got 66/1 a couple of weeks ago) huge momentum against him at the moment

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:I really am not sure how things are going to play out from now on.

it was a bit worrying that he came out fighting yesterday and not prepared to admit any mistakes. (not surprising of course)
if you take the view that he is unsackable it might well take until the end of what will be a long and tortuous season to force him out

I wonder at what point will the fanbase also start to take issue with the board for keeping hin in charge?
the club is rotten from top to bottom.

If the fans started chanting for klopp tonight it might change things with le cock and with the board - I think most people realise by now that the majority of Gooners want le cock replaced (even though there are differences on when that should happen), and there has been an increasing amount of booing at home games, but chanting for klopp tonight wouldnt just be against wenker but would be saying that fans would prefer the opposition manager in charge of us and that is very specific. One of the last akb bastion statements has been continually been the "who would you replace him with" and chanting for klopp would tell wenker and the board that the fans are gone beyond wanting him gone and are now suggesting people that they want in charge. Can you imagine the kick in the bollox wenker would feel if the home fans started chanting for the manager in the opposition dugout ? I honestly think that would be the greatest snub he could ever get and that is why I hope that dortmund thrash us tonight and the fans let him know how we feel 8)
We want you to stay we want you to stayyyy

Jurgen Klopp we want you to stay

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

in my heart wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Beale.html

The daily mail HAVE got the bit between their teeth
As soon as we beat someone shit, the media will talk about turning a corner, none of them stick to their convictions, and all just report on what's flavour of the month. Btw anyone hear the John Cross interview on talkshite last night, when he claimed that Wanker doesn't let criticism get to him. This is how much of a bellend Cross is, he will just lie, if it means defending professor clueless. He also claimed that without injuries, we would be up there challenging for the title. None of these bollox claims were criticised or questioned by Andy Goldstein or Jason Cundy, yet both of which were very critical of Wenger on Monday night's show, funny how none of the media has any bottle when it comes to Wenger, and criticising the Muppets who try to defend him.