General Election May 7th

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Which party will you vote for in May2015

Tories
25%
Labour
17%
Lib Dems
3%
Ukip
27%
Green
13%
Nationalist (Scottish, Welsh or Irish)
5%
Unionist
No votes
Other
No votes
Never vote
3%
None of the above
7%

Total votes: 60

northbank123

Re: General Election May 7th

Post by northbank123 »

Nicola Sturgeon on Andrew Marr. She is a fucking vile woman. Part of the agreement to hold a referendum should have included a provision that I don't have to hear any mouthy Scottish politician pricks on TV any more. Nobody fucking cares.

It's a shame that they didn't vote yes purely because it would be hilarious to see them running around crying at oil prices being 40% of the figure they used to justify the financial feasibility of independence whilst every non-Scottish business of note pulls out and Edinburgh stands aflame.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Nicola Sturgeon on Andrew Marr. She is a fucking vile woman. Part of the agreement to hold a referendum should have included a provision that I don't have to hear any mouthy Scottish politician pricks on TV any more. Nobody fucking cares.

It's a shame that they didn't vote yes purely because it would be hilarious to see them running around crying at oil prices being 40% of the figure they used to justify the financial feasibility of independence whilst every non-Scottish business of note pulls out and Edinburgh stands aflame.
Show me a Nationalist and I'll show you a *word censored*.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

The Green party saying that they will give the Queen a council house, what a bunch of *word censored* :evil:

officepest

Post by officepest »

afcforever wrote:The Green party saying that they will give the Queen a council house, what a bunch of *word censored* :evil:
They could say they will abolish the moon and legalise Unicorn hunting; it doesn't matter, as they will never get in.

I'd be quite happy for Liz to be put up in council digs. Watch out for her at the bingo with a fag hanging out of her mouth.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

officepest wrote:
afcforever wrote:The Green party saying that they will give the Queen a council house, what a bunch of *word censored* :evil:
They could say they will abolish the moon and legalise Unicorn hunting; it doesn't matter, as they will never get in.

I'd be quite happy for Liz to be put up in council digs. Watch out for her at the bingo with a fag hanging out of her mouth.

That is so direspectul :( GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

officepest

Post by officepest »

afcforever wrote:
officepest wrote:

That is so direspectul :( GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
The fascist regime? :wink:

Oh please.

I’m hardly a staunch republican, but I find it objectionable that somebody has a ‘divine right’ to rule (however ceremonial the position is now) due to an accident of birth.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not a republican or a monarchist but I think the Queen is okay. Most of her wealth isn't real and it's not much of a life tbh. What I do take issue with is Prince Dickhead who is 17th in line to the throne but costs the taxpayer millions a year and lives the fucking life of Riley with no repercussions.

On the plus side who saw Andrew Neil absolutely crucify that Aussie leader of the Greens earlier? Tore her to pieces. Imagine a Labour/Greens coalition - the economy would shrink to the size of a pea.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

northbank123 wrote:Not a republican or a monarchist but I think the Queen is okay. Most of her wealth isn't real and it's not much of a life tbh. What I do take issue with is Prince Dickhead who is 17th in line to the throne but costs the taxpayer millions a year and lives the fucking life of Riley with no repercussions.

On the plus side who saw Andrew Neil absolutely crucify that Aussie leader of the Greens earlier? Tore her to pieces. Imagine a Labour/Greens coalition - the economy would shrink to the size of a pea.
Is that the woman who thinks wind farms are a beautiful addition to the countryside?

officepest

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Not a republican or a monarchist but I think the Queen is okay. Most of her wealth isn't real and it's not much of a life tbh. What I do take issue with is Prince Dickhead who is 17th in line to the throne but costs the taxpayer millions a year and lives the fucking life of Riley with no repercussions.

He's all yours, boyo :lol:

Agree about Chuck; a total hypocrite.

Bang on about environmental issues whilst driving (amongst others); a Bentley, an Aston, a Jag etc., all of which paid for by Johnny 9-5.

Not to mention his own fucking town (Poundbury). :puke:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

This is the same party who say it would be legal to join terrorist organisations like ISIS and Al-Qaeda as it is not a crime to "simply belong to a terrorist organisation".

The exact quote - "What we want to do is make sure we are not punishing people for what they think or what they believe. 'Obviously actions of inciting violence, supporting violence, those are absolutely unacceptable, illegal and should be pursued to the full extent of the law.'

Urm...don't ISIS and Al-Qaeda constantly incite violence against "infidels"? Stupid woman, stupid party.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote:Nicola Sturgeon on Andrew Marr. She is a fucking vile woman. Part of the agreement to hold a referendum should have included a provision that I don't have to hear any mouthy Scottish politician pricks on TV any more. Nobody fucking cares.
This ^^ should have stripped her looking for caviare years ago. :wink: :oops:
WTF, shes got several already- Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle among others. What twats they are :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't know what your public sector is really like in the UK but I've read the same stupid uniformed comments (lazy, inefficient, wasteful, poorly managed etc) levelled at the public sector here in Oireland - usually by a reaction-seeking media dullard, an idiot down the pub, or a government minister trying to turn the private and public sectors against each other to deflect attention away from the real problems in the country. If you believe that old horsehit you will believe that civil service pensions were the cause of the housing bubble going bang and dragging the economy down the shitter here, and had nothing at all to do with greedy private sector builders, developers, bankers and corrupt politicians!! :lol: :roll: :oops: Also, politicians/govt ministers (in general) are not civil servants, they are temporary public servants.

I've worked for over 25 years in both private and public sectors in Oireland. They are basically very similar in many ways. You simply cannot isolate and compare the entire public service with one or two smaller private sector companies. If you look upon the public sector as a similar entity to a large private sector conglomerate (which is a fair comparison) you will find similar levels of waste, inefficiency, laziness, poor management etc. The only major difference is that the public sector is (rightly) publicly accountable and therefore the failings of that sector are made public far more often than similar failings in the private sector. This gives the perception to the uninformed that the private sector is all well managed & hard working and the public sector is all badly run and lazy. The truth is both sectors share both of those sets of "qualities".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Can I also just add that I simply cannot understand anyone that is a royalist. I despise royalty, despise the very concept.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not anti-royal in an Oirish republican anti-loyalist way - I'm just anti-royal in a how fucking pathetic you are to revere/serve/worship/respect/obey/whatever someone in that fashion based on nothing more than an accident of birth. What type of pathetic subservient fuckwad do you have to be? Bowing to some fucker? Have some fucking dignity. :oops: :roll: :x

No one is entitled to your respect. They are entitled to your courtesy. But your respect they should earn.

officepest

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:Can I also just add that I simply cannot understand anyone that is a royalist. I despise royalty, despise the very concept.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not anti-royal in an Oirish republican anti-loyalist way - I'm just anti-royal in a how fucking pathetic you are to revere/serve/worship/respect/obey/whatever someone in that fashion based on nothing more than an accident of birth. What type of pathetic subservient fuckwad do you have to be? Bowing to some fucker? Have some fucking dignity. :oops: :roll: :x

No one is entitled to your respect. They are entitled to your courtesy. But your respect they should earn.
It makes me cringe when I hear 'Lord' such-and-such, or 'Sir' Big-bollocks and the like. Makes my fucking skin crawl.

officepest

Post by officepest »

I do chuckle when I hear ministers bitch and moan and civil servants and bureaucrats as if they're some sort of internal enemies of the state.

These are the same bloody people who try to implement the very same ministers' ridiculous, back-of-a-fag-packet policies that these vote chasing *word censored* dream up.