Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
officepest wrote:
And managed to injure himself kicking John Terry in the face. :lol:
Was worth it.
True. But I seem to recall that the drug dealer's son made a full recovery so baked bean head (thanks, Rodders! :D 8) ) couldn't even do that right! :roll:

:wink:

manorhouse

Post by manorhouse »

Is he still getting paid FFS, thats a fucking bad joke

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... areer.html

Thoughts are with Stevo at this time. :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... areer.html

42 injuries in 9 years!

How many games? less than 42 surely.....and how much has he earned during that 9 years bleedin' millions - going by averages he must be level with Messi, Ronaldo & Falcao for how much £ per game.

Pity...as he may have been a very decent player - No legend - But could have served Arsenal well - Had his ankles not been made of glass, his shins of balsa wood and his back made from soft cheese and his head not made from a discarded baked bean (nice one Rodderssss) .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

its time he went, a bit sad for the guy as i'm sure he'd rather have played then be injured. The money thing is neither here or there. There's people at the club being paid more and achieving even less than diaby. I get the feeling we haven't heard the last of him. He'll probably resurrect his career at another club and do well. Judging by his injuries another medical team and fitness coaching team would've got him fitter sooner. After all Eduardo didn't too bad after being written off by the Arsenal medical team. Good luck Abou.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He should have gone years ago.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Not before time! I can't wait to see the back of this spuds shirt wearing waste of fucking space!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Could've been, should've been.

One to put to bed. Perhaps he's got some expertise on the physio side now? :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

To add:

If anyone can catch a match towards the end of the 2005-2006 season away to Portsmouth (I think anyway), they could see what a player this guy couldv'e been.

He controlled midfield and carried Song. Powering through midfield. That was the point where one thought, "This guy has it"

Unfortunately, a vicious tackle ended it and led to to a spiral of destroying injuries.

Good luck to the guy and perhaps he can find a place in the game in the future.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:To add:

If anyone can catch a match towards the end of the 2005-2006 season away to Portsmouth (I think anyway), they could see what a player this guy couldv'e been.

He controlled midfield and carried Song. Powering through midfield. That was the point where one thought, "This guy has it"

Unfortunately, a vicious tackle ended it and led to to a spiral of destroying injuries.

Good luck to the guy and perhaps he can find a place in the game in the future.
Well he's a millionaire times over - so all he has to do is buy a Delorean ave it kitted out by the Doc and bobs yer uncle's father#s sister as the Orcs say. :wink:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

A sad story really. I've advocated for Diaby to go for a long time, as it's expensive to carry a player, and from a business perspective that is still sound, rationale advice. The cynic in me sometimes wonders, would he have been better served by a fitness/physio regime other than the one(s) provided by Arsenal? Nonetheless, I don't think anyone would have wished for him to never make an effective return, whether it be at Arsenal or in a lower league.

Were I Abou, I would put a professional career behind me and immediately start working on my coaching certifications. He's been in the game a long time, surrounded by top talent, and has a wealth of footballers as a network. At 28, if he can start developing his managerial skills, he could be an extremely successful manager by the time he's 35 - an extremely young age as far as managers go.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Say it ain't so, Joe!! :cry: :cry: There is just no justice in this world!! :evil: How many shite footballers are there stealing a living every week while someone genuinely talented isn't allowed to display his skills? :( :banghead: Lads, let's try and keep this news away from my fellow Diabyite Steve O. Poor fella is going to be shattered at the news. I know I am. :cry: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Sooner he's gone the better.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Midz wrote:Sooner he's gone the better.
Look all great figures, he will only truly be missed when he's ..... oh. :oops: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Say it ain't so, Joe!! :cry: :cry: There is just no justice in this world!! :evil: How many shite footballers are there stealing a living every week while someone genuinely talented isn't allowed to display his skills? :( :banghead: Lads, let's try and keep this news away from my fellow Diabyite Steve O. Poor fella is going to be shattered at the news. I know I am. :cry: :wink:
Can't believe the ill feeling on here towards the bloke - his crime? To have suffered a series of terrible injuries. Read Vieira's comments - he even thought he would go on to be a better player than him

One of the most naturally gifted players to ever wear the shirt and I hope the testimonial is announced shortly so we can all turn out in numbers and show Abou the love !