The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

quod splendet ut aurum :?

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

markyp wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
augie wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:Fast forward to the Charity shield, in the lead up our players (the ones who like to talk a good game) Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs for example will be in the press saying how they think we can 'put down a marker' for the coming season, and challenge for the title
Chelsea players will very little and certainly nothing boastful to the press, I don't think Mourhino stands for it.
After a drab 0-0 Wenger will say something about mental strength and confidence, but when the real stuff starts and before the last ball is bowled in the Ashes series you can be sure we will already be chasing Chelsea's tail.
If this is all so predictable WHY do you have to keep posting the same thing over and over?
Because it keeps happening ?? I guess that he is trying to say that it is THAT predictable and yet le cock cant see it and continues with the same flawed practices
Yet it's not all as predictable as posters on here try to make out. Not so long ago all I read was how we'd never finish higher than 4th, never win another trophy and how we wouldn't spend big whilst Wenger was in charge.

Nobody is claiming that certain things haven't been repeated but to bring up the same shite on every new page of these threads is getting ridiculous. A matter of days after winning the FA Cup and the same people revert back to bashing as much about the club/manager as possible.
Its because we like to remind people like you that we have not progressed,there wont be a league title arriving next year or the year after
I don't know what makes what you're saying so special that you need to "remind" people of it. Surely watching the actual games gives people their own opinions.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Raheem would be a huge upgrade on Theo IMO.
Totally with you about him hiding behind Coquelin - what's funny is that this solution of his was kicking about at Charlton, running down his contract a few months ago...until injuries forced Wenger's hand. Jokes.
As soon as he gets an injury next season, it's one of carthorse Flamini or average Arteta. Then the "injuries" excuse will come full-circle once again!
It's clear to me Cech would be a big capture but the striker situation is massive, I'd say Martinez would be best/realistic signing.
Schneiderlin would be great too - Cech + those 2 and I think Arsenal can do top 2. Not winning it though.

I think Mertesacker should be sacked off, I can't ever forget that pathetic Monaco performance. A new CB to replace him would be grand. I also see Chesney is being hobby again because he kept a clean sheet, in a match where the oppo had 0 shots on target. Sigh. Surely he's booted out if Cech comes...
At his current going rate Sterling is not worth the risk, he looked world class around Suarez, but now? to call him ordinary would be a compliment. At about half his fee/salary he could be a prospect.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

You're right of course that winning a final is winning a final.
The counter to that, is to ask why, when the level of opposition was higher (eg Monaco), was Wenger not able to change this mentality? And where was it against eg the usual away day at Stoke, at the Bridge, and Shite Lane? :rubchin:
Were we not told that the FA Cup win last season v a Hull would be the "springboard" for a title challenge? So where was it this year then
I said DEVELOPING. You know, not there yet but shows signs. If you're using Spurs as an example, we've lost what, twice to them at their place in the last few years? Did we have that BIG GAME MENTALITY then?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Milner to Liverpool looks a done deal. Signing of the window, missing link, the one who will make the difference.Add in your own Social media Liverpool fan comment.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Bradywasking wrote:Milner... missing link

Bit harsh.

I thought Bale was the missing link?

:D

Andrew

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

rigsby wrote:
The counter to that, is to ask why, when the level of opposition was higher (eg Monaco), was Wenger not able to change this mentality? And where was it against eg the usual away day at Stoke, at the Bridge, and Shite Lane? :rubchin:
Were we not told that the FA Cup win last season v a Hull would be the "springboard" for a title challenge? So where was it this year then
I said DEVELOPING. You know, not there yet but shows signs. If you're using Spurs as an example, we've lost what, twice to them at their place in the last few years? Did we have that BIG GAME MENTALITY then?
Wow 10 years is an awful long time to develop..:lol:
The Pedro rumours gathering lots of pace I see...

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

We should not be even thinking about Sterling. A non scoring winger out wide, for what £30-40M, no thanks.

Get that DM, there are times in europe we may need Coq and someone playing at least as well as he has.

Martinez is a poacher but not a particularly good footballer. But if he can run in behind and finish I can't see many other options in this striker-lite market.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Martinez can actually run fast though and is a superior finisher to Giroud. Not the most amazing striker and he's not in Aguero/Benzema class at all. But Wenger has said yesterday we are not in the market for the "biggest players". So Martinez would fit the bill. Dybala would have been a decent gamble IMO but he didn't want to join Arsenal...

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
rigsby wrote:
Pedro has signed a new contract at Barcelona.

augie

Post by augie »

kiwomya wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Which is brilliant news as far as I'm concerned :barscarf:
I'm not dissing him as a footballer when I say that, but what I am saying is that he will not fill a position of need for us and I am convinced le cock would have pushed hard to buy him if he was available

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Which is brilliant news as far as I'm concerned :barscarf:
I'm not dissing him as a footballer when I say that, but what I am saying is that he will not fill a position of need for us and I am convinced le cock would have pushed hard to buy him if he was available
We had no interest in the guy. Matey was trying to whip up a load of nonsense as usual - as proven by the fact he's signed a new contract when apparently the rumours were "gathering pace" about Arsenal's interest.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/ ... 6987021312

WoW! That's some haul......But wasn't he one of the players wenker almost signed, or thought about signing or dreamt about signing or nearly thought about signing? :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Arsenal have bid £29.3m for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain (La Gazzetta).
10:30pm - 4 Jun 15

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/ ... 6987021312

WoW! That's some haul......But wasn't he one of the players wenker almost signed, or thought about signing or dreamt about signing or nearly thought about signing? :?
Add a World Cup and two European championships and that is what you call a trophy collection